#2 - Jordan

Ring.

"Who the hell is that?" Jordan asked from beside me. I shrugged, even though I knew exactly who it was. I reached to answer her phone, but she got there first. After a few seconds of talking, she handed it to me and said, "It's Ayla and she wants to talk to you about something. She wouldn't tell me what." I nodded and took the phone, pressing it to my ear and waiting for Ayla's overeager voice.

"Have you told her yet?" Ayla asked the minute she was sure it was me on the phone. "No," I answered, my stomach churning at the reminder of what I'd agreed to do. "Do it!" Another voice screeched at me through the phone, and I recognized it as Aleigh's. "I'm getting there," I said back. "I'm going to tell her soon, I promise." "Okay," Ayla groaned. "Tell us when you have!" Aleigh said excitedly. I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm, but promised to text Ayla after I'd told Jordan. Satisfied, we ended the call.

I sat back for a few minutes, trying to get up the courage. I was about to tell my best friend that I'd had a crush on her that was getting pretty serious. I was to the point where I honestly loved Jordan. It was hard for me to admit it, but I was in love with my best friend.

Somehow, Aleigh and Ayla had convinced me to tell Jordan about my feelings. Sitting up on that podium, watching her play Tap Tap Dash, I wished I had never agreed to it. My palms sweated and I took two deep breaths, trying to calm my nerves. I had to do this. Not only would my friends kill me if I backed out and probably end up telling her themselves, which would be even more embarrassing, I felt like a huge weight was settled on my shoulders because of keeping such a big secret from her. Of course, I'd been keeping my 'summer secret' from her and everyone else for a while, but that was different. I wanted to forget that had ever happened. My crush on Jordan was eating me up inside. I had to tell her.

So, hesitantly, I scooted closer to her. As my heart pounded in my throat, I said, "Jordan?" She mumbled some response, never taking her eyes off of the game. I scooted even closer and threw her flame-red hair over her shoulders so that I could whisper in her ear. I paused right as I was about to say it, my nerves choking my throat for an instant before I finally closed my eyes and whispered,

"I like you. Like, really like you. I might even love you."

As the last words escaped my lips, the only thing I could think was,

Fuck that.

I know I love her.