#19 - Jenna

"Yeah, pick me up at four." 

"Okay, I will."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jenna-bunny."

I hung up the phone and smiled. Jenna was at a babysitting job, and when she was done with it, which would be at four, I was going to pick her up and we were going out to see fireworks and have dinner for the fourth of July.

I was looking forward to it, honestly. Jenna and I had been having problems lately, and my mouth just couldn't forget the feel of her fist. But that night was a special night. It was a night where we could just hang out and have fun.

*** 

I pulled up to the campsite where Jenna was. She was waiting, a smile perched on her face, swinging her babysitting bag with one hand. 

"Hey, gorgeous," she said, walking up to the car and gesturing for me to move so she could drive. I hopped over the console and settled into the passenger's seat. She got into the driver's side and gave me a short, sweet kiss before starting the engine. I smiled at her and laid my hand on the console.

She saw it, and laced it together with her free one. I smiled in content. This was how it was supposed to be.

***

We arrived at the field a little after dark. I spread a blanket over the top of the car. Jenna put her hands around my waist and lifted me up until I was on top of the car, then hopped up herself. I huddled closer to her while we waited for the fireworks to start.

An attendant came up to us, and offered us a flyer for a potluck dinner the next Wednesday. Jenna took it and said thank you. As the attendant turned her back, my eyes involuntarily followed her ass. Damn.

"Hey!" Jenna snapped from beside me. I turned to face her. "Sorry, Jen." She elbowed me, but unfortunately, she did so right as I turned my head to look at the golden orbs floating behind us.

Jenna's elbow hit me right in the eye. Immediately, it started to smart and water, and the pain was hard to bear. I looked over at her, expecting an apology hug or something, but she was stonily silent. A tear dripped down, and I huffed at myself. 

Jenna turned to look, and her eyes hardened at the sight of my tears. Before I had time to react, she slapped the side of my face that the tear was on. It stung, and I had to strain in order to keep more tears from falling. 

She put her hand between our bodies, and pushed until there was a considerable amount of space between them. I looked at her turned figure, ignoring me, and couldn't help the other tears that slipped down my cheeks. 

So much for my night.