#12 - Jordan

"Ready to go?" Jordan asked me, placing herself on the locker next to mine. "Yeah," I said, slamming my locker shut and walking with her through the hallways. We were almost silent as we went up the ramp and towards the gym.

Suddenly, without any warning, as we were almost at the gym doors, Jordan grabbed my hand and wrapped it in her own, holding it.

My heart instantly lifted, and I smiled like someone had lit a light of happiness inside of me. It was perfect. It was everything that I had ever imagined and wanted with her.

Holding my hand.

My girlfriend.

I shook my head, trying to look normal, but I just couldn't wipe the huge smile off of my face. We separated so that she could go to choir and I could go to gym.

During my gym class, (as it was Christmas) Amber gave me a present of chocolate kisses. I saved some for Jordan.

Ayla noticed what I was doing and said, "Oh my god, you should like go up to her and be like 'a kiss for a kiss'." I laughed, but my heart skipped a beat. "Yeah, no. I'm not going to do that."

However, sometimes I still wish I had.

Maybe it would have made me miss her more, but at least I would have had the memories. The good memories.

The memories of when we were an 'us'.

Even if she was always destined to be an ex-almost, I wouldn't change our 'us' for anything in the world.