I Don't Lie Pt. 1 (22)

"This was a lot of fun but Lani I gotta go", I said giggling.

"It really was", she said agreeing with me.

The waiter came to our table and took my coffee and her hot coco away from us while sliding the check on the table. I looked at my phone and checked the time cursing under my breath when I realized that it was almost 11 a.m. and I hadn't been to work yet. I saw Lani pick up the check but I immediately took it away from her smiling.

"No you give this to me. I got it", I insisted.

"What do you think you're doing?", she asked me.

"Paying for the bill"

"I asked you out for coffee so no", she said taking it back from me.

I knew there was no fighting this girl so I let it be. When she picked up the check book, I quickly grabbed her car keys and stuffed them in my pocket without her noticing. I looked at Lani and saw her place her cash inside of the check book and rest it back on the table in front of us.

"I'll see you later?", she asked me.

Maybe

"More than likely"

Lani chuckled and I watched her as she walked out of the door hips swaying as usual. I turned my attention back to reality and quickly removed her cash from the check book and replaced it with my money making sure to leaving a nice tip for the waiter. I walked over to my where I figured the waiter would be.

"Hey waiter", I whispered calling him over to me.

"Yes I'm sorry something wrong with your bill?", he asked me.

"Um no actually you saw the girl I was sitting with right?"

"Yes mam"

"Okay well she'll probably be back inside of her in about 30 seconds so can you give her these for me", I said handing him her car keys and cash.

"Sure no problem"

"Thank you so much"

I walked out of the restaurant and got inside of my Range Rover without Lani noticing. I pulled out of the lot and called her on the phone.

"Hey I'll call you right I'm looking for my k—"

"I gave your keys to the waiter", I said cutting her off. "Oh and next time just remember that when I say I'm paying for the bill I'm paying for the bill.", I said seriously.

"You know you're psycho"

"Haha you know you're not the first person that has told me that today"

"Yeah okay. See you later Y/N"

"Bye Bye Lani"

I hung up my phone and sped to work. I had about 3 hours of work to make up for this morning. I handed my keys to the valet and walked inside behind greeted by everyone as usual. I peeped Shay giving me a funny look as I walked towards her and my office.

"I was starting to thing you weren't coming", she said raising an eyebrow.

"I know, I know I should've called you"

"That's okay. If you don't mind me asking where were you anyway? Chris was looking for you"

"I was having coffee, even though one of us didn't have coffee, we got caught up"

"Oooh Dinah took you out for coffee. Real smooth boss", she said chuckling raising her eyebrow.

"Why are you saying coffee like that?", I giggled.