Months Passed

-

It's been Months, months since John wrote to her. Months since she last spoke to him, months since she ever heard from them. Months and John and Jennie are already crawling.

"Johnny you drink it like this." Fran-Elle said to her younger sister. Holding a teacup that was filled with cocoa. Johnny on the other hand looked astoundingly at his older sister. Looking weirdly at the cup.

He grabbed a cookie and began to suck on it, laughing and giggling. Fran-Elle though sighed.

"Okay then. If that how you want to play." And even Fran-Elle began to suck on one cookie.

Betty walked into her children's room and she looked strangely at her daughter and youngest son.

"Um. Fran-Elle?" Betty asked.

"Yes Mommy?"

"You wanna go play the flute?"

"Yup! Jennie c'mon! I can show you how I play the flute!" Fran-Elle grinned.

-

"Mama. Can you read to me Dracula?"

Henry, being the little bookworm he is. He has already started to properly read, a very early stage, but then again, he was smarter than everyone at his age.

"Of course Henry."

Betty would be fascinated by her son's love for books that were above the age limit for him. He always liked scary stories with tragedies. Sometimes he would read something of his age, but he would get bored very quickly.

"Where are we at?"

"Where he comes of of the coffin thingy." Henry explained and pointed towards the page they left off at.

As Betty and Henry went off with page over page, the eldest daughter came rushing into the room.

"Mommy! Can Henry play tea party with me?" Fran-Elle asked, looking curiously at her brother who was reading with his mother.

Fran-Elle, now four years old. She was a hyper and bubbly girl. She was very energetic and always wanted to play, her favorite bein tea parties.

"In a moment Fran-Elle, your Aunt Angelica and Aunt Peggy will be coming over." Betty said to her daughter and she pouted.

"But Mommy."

"Okay. Henry, do you wanna play with your sister. Mommy needs to help Ethel to get ready." Betty said to her son and he nodded. Jumping off her lap.

"Let's go!" Fran-Elle grabbed her brother by the arm and immediately started to pull him into her room.

"Bethany. Would you like me to watch them?"

"I would be fine Ethie. They are behaved."

Ethel has grown a liking to Henry and Jennie. Jennie she likes the most. She was a very adorable little girl and Ethel would sometimes tear up around her.

A swift knock on the door was heard and Betty rushed to grab it. She opened it and there she saw her three sisters and her Mother standing outside.

"I thought you were not gonna come?"

"I changed my mind. Phillip wanted to see the twins again."

Eliza had given birth a couple months ago, a healthy baby boy by the name of Phillip. He had grown a strong liking to the twins, hanging around John all the time.

"Come on in you guys. Ethel has something yummy cooking." Betty said, inviting everyone inside. Eliza going upstairs to place Phillip in the children's room.

"So how is everything going?" Angelica asked.

Betty shrugged. Looking at her daughter who ran into kitchen.

"Well. Everybody is fine. Fran-Elle likes her sister a whole lot now." Betty said to her sister and Angelica nodded.

Peggy grinned, dashing up the stairs, wanting to play with the kids. Fran-Elle giggling and following her aunt behind her.

"Catch me!" Peggy squealed and rushed around the upstairs of the house.

Little thumps could be heard from upstairs and Betty sighed.

"Excuse me for a moment." Betty stood up and began to walk upstairs and into her room.

There Betty saw her sister, her oldest daughter and her oldest son jumping up and down on the bed.

"What are you three doing?!" She yelled and they stopped jumping. All three of them looking guilty as charged.

"Uh. They started it!" Peggy pointed to the other two. They gasped and looked bewildered at their aunt.

"Aunt Peggy!" They both said. "No fair!"

"You started it!"

"You started it!" Fran-Elle said in a mocking voice.

"You three get down from the bed!" Betty then shouted and they all flinched.

"Sorry Mommy." The other two hung their heads low, Henry peaking up at his Mother.

"Sorry Betty." Peggy sighed. "I should've been more responsible."

Betty sighed.

"I just don't want you to jump on the bed. It might break. But I'm not mad at you." Betty hugged her two children.

Peggy peeked at them.

"Okay Peggy, group hug." Betty sighed and had her other arm outstreched for Peggy.

Peggy grinned and tackled them all into a group hug.

"I'm sorry you guys!" Peggy apologised.

-

John,
The kids are fine. Fran-Elle really likes her sister and her little brother. Henry, he is slowly turning into a genius, he us reading those books about plants you gave him for his birthday. He loves it a lot. The twins are as bubbly as ever. They are slowly learning how to walk! I think Jennie has gotten the hang of it! And Little John. He is just the most adorable thing ever, he looks exactly like you, in his eyes I see you John. I see you every time.
Well, how is everything over at the battle field. I heard Herc is over in Britian, spying over there, Hamilton and Laf are probably doing well, I hope.
And one more thing, before I forget. Your parents came over. They loved the twins and wanted us to move to South Carolina. Where you grew up. I disagreed because I thought it would be better for the kids here. It's peaceful in the country side, and you can walk to the city in fifteen minutes. They all love it here. But they wouldn't listen to me. They are even begging me to move there. But what do I do John? Do I live there with your parents?
Well anyway, I just wanted to say all that. Oh, Fran-Elle and Henry want to write.
HIYA PAPA! WE LOVE YOU!
HI, THANK YOU FOR BOOK!
They are done now. Well, the twins say hi as well. We all love you.

Come back home when your done. Be smart, we all love you John.

Bethany C. S. Laurens
Frances-Eleanor Laurens
Henry Phillip Laurens