The Bachelorette Party and Fixed Probelms

-

She walked towards her house, her fiancé was having a couple of shots before the wedding with his friends, so she decided to let him be like this, he was not her full responsibility just yet. So she threw the responsibility of taking care of her fiancé to his friend, Lafayette. She trusts him completely with John. Then Mulligan, and then Hamilton.

Betty walked towards her house, her eyes sprouting with boredom, everyone was gone doing something, and she was the only one alone. Heck, even Peggy is busy, and Peggy is always free. Betty sighed and opened the door. Stepping inside her house and closing the door behind her, she looks up to see that everyone is right in front of her, besides John, his friends and his parents. 

"Surprise!"

Betty blinked a couple of times before registering what was going on. All her friends, family and her sisters planned this just for her. She grinned, scanning the familiar faces that was spread accross through the crowd. Martha Washington, Betsy Ross, Angelica, Eliza and Peggy, her Mother, of course, her cousins from the south, and some of her Mother's friends. It was a big party and Betty grinned.

"You guys, you didn't have to do this. Especially for a nutcase like me." Betty laughed and Eliza dragged her in.

"Peggy planned all of this for you. She went a little extra and brought some cake from the bakery." Eliza said, gesturing to Peggy who stood happily in the middle of the crowd.

Betty smiled and she walked towards her sister, giving her the warmest of hugs. She shed a few tears, but that was it. This was the last party she will ever have as an unmarried woman.

"Well! What are you waiting for? Let's get this party started!" Angelica cheered and everyone gave a loud shout of agreement.

-

"I want to say something to the bride." Peggy said to everyone, holding a champagne glass in her hand. Betty looked at her sister with confusion as everyone turned to her.

"The first face I ever had the chance to look at was my sister's. She had the biggest grin on her face as she curiously looked at me, the weird misshapen newborn baby. She thought I was an alien."

Betty, Eliza and Angelica laughed. Remebering the memory.

"And here for once I thought Eliza or Angelica would get married before this one here. But then again, she loves giving everyone a shocking surprise." Peggy continued. "I just wanted to say, Betty. Through all my life, you have been there. You were there when my ex-courter left me for a whore, I was crying all week."

"You have been there for me, even whe I was just a tad bit sick and nobody was there to help me." Angelica continued after Peggy, standing right next to Peggy on her left. "Always doing that. You would tell me funny stories from the many books you read. Even the book with the study of law."

"You have been there with me." Eliza then said, having the biggest grin on her face, standing next to Peggy on her right. "When we'd used to play together as kids, you would make me feel like a princess every single day, calling me 'your majesty' all year. I never really forgot about that."

"But we never really got to thank you for all you've done for us, you are one of the main reasons our family is still exciting. Yes, you fight with Mother, or you get annoyed by all of us being a pain in the ass, or you want to cut a bitch in half." Angelica sighed.

"But we still love you, and now that you might not be always be there for us since you are getting married and all. You always will be there, held in a special place in our hearts. All of ours." Eliza continued

Peggy, Angelica and Eliza gestured to the crowd who all were smiling at Betty.

"We love you Betty. From the family and friends and the maids that took care of you. We all love you." Peggy finished and Betty had the biggest smile of the century, her eyes glassy and small little drops of tears fell from her eyes.

Betty weeped and hugged her sisters, all of them. Martha and Betsy came in and then her parents.

-

"Betty."

"Mother."

"I just came here to apologise. For all the pressure  have placed apon you. Seeing my daughter have panic attacks without me stepping in to help you. I feel terrible."

"Mother, I don't need your help. I am perfectly fine with everything. You don't have to do anything. Let me handle everything. I'll be fine, just do your sewing or play the piano or something." Betty spat, leaving her Mother.

-

"So, how was everything?"

"Pretty normal. How was your party?"

"How did you-"

"Your sisters filled me in on the party before you. So yeah." John placed his hands in his pockets. Walking through the streets of New York with Betty.

"Well. I can say it was fun. The most fun I had with my sisters and family and friends." Betty said. Walking a little closer to John.

"Well you know how in every wedding. The newlywed couple must have their first dance." John started and Betty nodded. "Why don't we give it a try?"

"Here?"

"By the river." John then gently took her arm and dragged her towards the river. Both of them stopping under a willow Tree.

Betty took a long look at the area around her she knew this was the place of her proposal, her first date, their first proper conversation. Now this is where she would have her first dance with John? This is really a special place for Betty.

She took a glance at the far away farmhouse. It looked like it had Ben fixed, it looked almost brand new. It looked different to Betty since the last time she saw it.

"Is it me or does the farmhouse look a bit different to you?" Betty asked.

John glanced at the farmhouse and shrugged.

"I overheard someone is moving in there. There I also noticed a couple of people lived there too. A farmer and his wife and a young family with three kids. But it's just rumors."

Betty chuckled.

"That is a lot of detail for just a rumor." She took a final glance at the house before turning and looking directly into her future husband's eyes.

"Let's begin. Shall we?" John said. Placing a hand behind Betty's back and he took ahold of Betty's hand. Betty nodded, slipping her hand onto John's shoulder.

They began to lightly sway along with the wind, laughing at each other's foolish mistakes. Betty laughed as John twirled her around, then grabbing her and gently pulling her to a dip.

Needless to say, it was another wonderful night.