Their Short Meeting

-

"Have you heard?" John asked Betty.

The pair were walking back to Betty's home. John was going to be meeting her sisters, and mos hopefully not her parents. They were both talking about the revoloution, what is happening inside and what will happen.

"Washington hired Hamilton as his right hand man!" John grinned from ear to ear, knowing his best friend has been given a difficult but amazing job to do. "You still remember Alex, right."

Betty rolled her eyes and nodded. "Yes of course John, how can I not forget about the people you keep talking about. Otherwise known as your revoloution buddies!" She said in a sarcastic tone.

John side glanced her and sighed. She was getting bored real quick. He had to think of omething to say other than his other friends.

"So, if I remember correctly. Eliza is the eldest-"

"No, no. That is Angelica." Betty shook her head.

"Okay, so Angelica is the eldest, you the second eldest, Eliza and Peggy?"

"Yeah, got the order right at least." Betty sighed.

"Angelica is the taller one with dark curly hair and Peggy is the shorter one with curly hair too. Eliza has dark straight hair. Why do I feel like I am meeting your parents?" John sighed.

"It's fine, they'll love you. So, no pressure." Betty patted his back.

-

"Guys, this is John Laurens. John. These are my sisters, Peggy, Eliza and Angelica." Betty introduced.

"Mr Laurens." The three said, giving him a small curtsy.

"Good afternoon Schuylurs." John gave a short bow and turned to Betty who leaned against a post.

"So now that you three have finally met him. What now?" Betty asked her sisters.

The three gave mere shrugs and glanced between Betty and John. Angelica then sighed and motioned John to talk to her.

"Mr Laurens. May I speak with you privately?" She asked. Betty had gotten confused but gave John a small nudge.

He looked at Angelica and then at Betty. He sighed in defeat and followed Angelica to an empty room.

"Mr Laurens, I just have a question for you." Angelica started. "It seems a little odd that I am asking you this moments before we first met, but the thought lingers my mind you see. But do you have feelings for my sister?"

John's eyes widened and was about to answer with a straight up no until Angelica beat him to it.

"Please, just tell me the truth. I promise I will not tell my sister until the time is right." Angelica primised and John quickly nodded. "So you do like her? Well, here let me offer you some free advise, if you hurt my sister in any way, shape or form. Physical or Emotional, we will find you and... I'll let you figure the rest."

John gluped in fear.

"But I give you our blessing, from the other two as well, to ask Betty out. Just remember what I had said and take care of her. She is the most precious thing to us. And although she seems tougher than an ordinary girl, just know she is human too and is just too emotional when the time is right. Good luck Laurens." Angelica then patted John on the back and headed out to see her sisters. She muttered something to Peggy and Eliza and they beamed.

"So, Betty, I think we should get-" John started but Bett silenced him to be quiet.

"Okay, I think this has been enough awkwardness for one day. John and I will be heading out, tell Mother and Father I will be home by sun-down." Betty explained to her sisters and they nodded, looking between the two.