The News

-

"So Bethany. How was your night last night?" Her Father asked. "Did you enjoy?"

Betty smiled and nodded.

"You seem chipper today darling. What happened with you and John?"

All eyes were on her now, so no turning back.

"I'm just going to tell you all right now, you'll find out eventually." Betty started. "John asked me to marry him."

Screams and cheers erupted from the girls and her Father smiled.

"And what did you say?" He asked.

"I said yes."

"Mrs. Bethany Laurens in the house!" Peggy cheered.

"Now, now. Settle down girls. I'm sure you are all very happy that our beautiful little girl has found someone. Now, let her breathe. She was just asked last night, don't give her pressure now." Their Father said.

"Ohhhh I'm so happy for you!"

-

"And that's the story."

Martha began to weep.

"Martha? Martha! Please don't cry. My Mother nearly screamed her head off after she heard this news." Betty tried comforting the woman as she weeped with joy.

"Let me see the ring again."

Betty held out her left hand to show the ruby ring.

"It's small, so John and I are going to the Jewelry shop to get another one maybe." Betty said.

"Ohhhh. Where is Betsy?!"

"At the store." Peggy answered.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

-

"BETSY! SHE'S GETTING MARRIED!" Martha yelled through the thick crowd of people. A lot of people began to stare weirdly at Martha, Betty and Peggy.

Betsy squealed and began rushing towards the three.

"Where's the ring?!" She screamed and tackled Betty into a hug.

Betty cried in agony as she fell to the floor.

"Don't do that!" Betty sighed. "Are you trying to kill me before my wedding day?"

"Sorry." Betsy grabbed Betty and pulled her up to her feet.

"Anyway. I was planning on taking you all, including Angelica and Eliza for a treat, and we somehow lost Angelica and Eliza along the way." Betty sighed. "If I know my sisters well, where would they be? Angelica is most likely at the book store or Eliza could be at the dress shop. Or-"

"Or there they are and you don't need to keep thinking." Peggy said, pointing to the pair.

"Bet!" Eliza waved her hand in the air, signaling for her sister.

"Where were you two? You had me worried sick!"

"Sound like Mom much?" Peggy mumbled and Betty growled.

"I am not like Mom!" Betty snapped.

"Keep telling yourself that." Peggy yawned and looked at her nails. "Now, what are we waiting for? To the bakery!"

"To the bakery!" Betsy intertwinted her arm with Peggy's and they both marched to the bakery.

"Why do I even bother anymore?" Betty sighed.