The Man of Honnor

-

"Bet, what are you doing to say to him. I always love watching you fight with John, it's 'll a dramatic scene in a play." Herc laughed. Drinking a glass of water.

"Well. Since you curious. I will talk to him about the baby. He or she is going to be probably a handful. It's been eight ISH months already, the baby is kinda scaring me a bit." Betty said.

"I read, that if you worry too much, your baby will have a problem. So just calm down and breathe. Like I said. Go to your happy place. Do some meditation. You know that girl Elizabeth? She told me meditation is the best thing you can do if your pregnant."

"And she knows this how?"

"Her Mother." Hercules shrugged. "I'll teach you."

-

"John. Welcome home." Betty rushed up to kiss him on the cheek. Little did John know, his best friend was watching from the window.

"Hey Bethie Baby. And little baby." He cooked to her stomach. "How is the house?"

"Everybody's fine. Fran-Elle can play the flute, kinda. And Henry... What are you reading to him?"

"Uhh." John gulped. "He begged me Betty. He's a kid, he'll never remember this."

"Yes but I do not want our child knowing all this by the age of two!" Betty argued and John sighed.

"It's done now Betty."

"And Herc got Henry a Dracula book. A Dracula Book!"

"But that's fine... Right." John looked questioningly at his wife.

"No it's not John! And along with that. You were in a duel?!" Betty started to raise her voice, she could see Hercules shaking his head rapidly. Betty breathed and tried calming down. "You were in a duel?" She said more calmly.

"Yes, I admit it. I'm so, so sorry for not telling you Bethie Baby. And for Henry, I will not read him those types of books till he is older-"

"Too late, he's already reading Dracula." Betty chuckled. "Hey John, I'm sorry for raising my voice."

"It's fine Bethie Baby." He kissed her forehead. "Hey, I'm back. so that's what matters."

"Daddy!" Fran-Elle squealed and rushed down the stairs.

"Papa!" Henry followed quickly behind.

They both jumped into their Father's arms.

"Mommy. What are you going to name the baby?" Fran-Elle asked her Mother and Betty smiled.

"Why don't we name the baby together?"

-

The family stood on their balcony and looked up into the night sky. John was holding onto his son whilst Betty held onto her daughter. They were discussing the names for the future sibling.

"What if the baby is a girl?" John asked his children

"Can we name her Jennie?" Fran-Elle asked. 

"My favorite person in book is Jennie." Henry grinned, agreeing with his sister. 

"What about a boy?"

"I dunno." Fran-Elle muttered.

"Me too." Henry sighed.

"Mommy?" John glanced at his wife, smiling.

"I would probably like to name the child after someone special. Maybe a friend?"

"Who is it Mommy?" Henry asked, he looked at his Mother with a curious look.

"It's a secret." She gave a playful smirk and placed her finger on her lips, giggling.

"Mommy!" The three groaned. 

"Please tell us!" Fran-Elle groaned. "Pretty please! With cherry on top!"

"Nope." Betty laughed. "A secret is a secret." She winked and everybody else groaned.

"Really Bethie?" John groaned. "You'll tell me right?"

"No." Betty laughed and John pouted. 

"Bedtime." Betty said and everybody groaned in disapproval.

"No!" Fran-Elle squirmed in her Mother's grasp as she walked her daughter to her room.

"If the queen says so kids." John sighed. "I'll tuck you guys in. Mommy needs sleep."

"Thanks Hun." Betty smiled. Handing her daughter to her husband, kissing him on the cheek as she jumps into bed. The blankets floating onto her body as she closed her eyes.

After a few minutes a ray of light emitted from the doorway, it turned dark once more and she heard someone laying in bed with her, a strong pair of arms were wrapped around her and she turned to face her husband.

"Will you tell me the boy name you've kept a secret from me?" 

"It's still a no until the baby is born." Betty croaked. "Just sleep with me tonight my love. The baby is making me tired."

"Of course my dearest wife. And my future child."

-

Herc,
Okay, I gotta admit, your weird meditation thingy is kinda working. I'm not always angry as I am and I'm not that stressed anymore. I feel more relaxed than ever. 
John is laughing about how you got Fran-Elle a princess dress. She's already asking for a crown and a staff. Henry is enjoying his Dracula book and tells about it all the time. It is adorable to see them both so happy. The kids absolutely love you, they call you amazing Uncle Herc.
Anyway, I hope you are well and okay, just finish your apprenticeship and visit us before you leave, the kids would love to see you.
Regards
Betty C. S. Laurens