The Final Child?

-

"I am in pain!" Betty screeched and John winced in pain.

"Bethie you can do it." He said to her, still in pain. 

"Mrs Laurens. Just push please. You baby is almost there." The doctor said to Betty.

Betty nodded and pushed, hating the feeling of pain on her lower half, sweat glands dripping from her head as she pushed more and more until a faint cry was heard. 

"A girl." The doctor said.

Betty smiled, looking at John with a happy face. The doctor handed the baby to John but halted Betty from holding her. Betty looked confusingly at the doctor.

"Wait one moment. Please keep pushing Mrs Laurens, it seems you have another child."

"Wait what?!" Betty cried. She looked back at John who had a worried look on her face.

"Please just keep pushing." The doctor ordered and she nodded once more.

As she pushed with all her might, it felt more painful and more tiring than last time. It felt harder and she felt more and more tired as she pushed. She screamed and another cry was heard. She looked tiringly at the doctor as she rested.

"A boy." He finally said and Betty smiled.

"Oh great." She said weakly.

"Betty don't die on me!" John said.

"I'm just tired." Betty mumbled and began to snore.

-

"I'm awake!" She bolted up and she was still at the hospital. She looked around to see John sleeping with the twins.

"Bethie? You awake?"

"No I'm a ghost." She said sarcastically. "Let me see my babies." She sat up straight and had her arms outstretched. She looked at her twin children who lay peacefully and wrapped inside a blanket.

"Hey kids. It's Mommy." Betty sniffed. "You got me sleeping away over here, and you scared me the most.'