Meeting his Friends

~

"John. Do you think it is okay for me to meet your friends? I-I mean that it's not that I don't want to meet them. I-I-I already met Lafayette so he is fine with me, right?"

"Bethany. You are just overreacting. I'm sure Herc and Alex will love you." John held her hand tighter.

"O-Okay." Betty nodded and followed John.

By the time they got there. There were already three men standing together. They then turned to the young woman in the red dress and began smirking at each other, mutterig something inaudible for Betty to hear.

John rolled his eyes and they finally stood in front of the three other men. They looked down at her small figure and raised their eyebrows up at John.

"Okay. Guys, this is my good friend Bethany Schuylur. Bethany, these are my best friends Hercules Mulligan and Alexander Hamilton. Lafayette you already met." John introduced.

"Bonjour Lafayette." Betty muttered to the young frenchman.

"Bonjour mon ami." Lafayette nodded at her direction.

"Hey, Bethany..." Alexander awkwardly waved at her, to which she waved back.

"Hey." Hercules clicked and winked at Betty.

Betty rolled he eyes and cocked an eyebrow at him. She then turned to John who looked at his friends awkwardly.

"So, uh... let's go to the bar?" Alexander suggested.

"I'm fine with that." Hercules shrugged.

"Sure." Lafayette yawned in boredom.

"Bethany." John turned to Betty and she shrugged.

"Okay. We can order a few shots, and talk..." Betty suggested.

"Okay, um. Let's go."

The walk to the bar was awkward. There was tension in the air and everyone in the group of five didn't even have the courage to let out a peep of noise. Betty kept her eyes down at the floor as they talked. Staying close to John as he walked towards the nearest bar with the other three. The three men kept to themselves and began to talk amongst each other, with John and Betty being left out of the conversation.

"Are they always like this?" She whispered to John.

"No. If you were a complete stranger to me, then they would've begun to hit on you. In this case, I told them to behave, and somehow... they did?" John rubbed the back of his head, glancing at the three then at Betty.

Betty gave a slight giggle at John and the other three slowly turned their attention to her and John and they began to talk nonsense as they slowed down from the pair that chatted amongst each other. Hercules, Alexander and Lafayette then smirked amongst one another.

"So. They seem cozy." Lafayette watched the two.

"Yes, they do Laf, they do." Hercules nodded. "They look so cute, don't they."

"Aw, yes they do." Lafayette nodded.

Alexander stayed quiet. Smiling to himself as he watched the two laugh and giggle at themselves.

"Oh, but you are joining the revoloution, right?" Betty then asked.

"Well, yes. What are you going to miss me when I am gone?" John smirked at Betty.

"What?!" Betty scoffed. "Pfft, no. It's not like I am going to be weeping silently in the corner, Freckles."

"Oh is that so, Betty." John laughed.