The Preparation

-

"Chill. We can help you, don't be so stressed about this Betty. We'll be here with you all the way." Angelica comforted her stressed out sister.

"I'm nervous for the wedding."

"Everyone was nervous for their weddings Bet. Martha, Betsy, Mo- nevermind."

"So you heard our argument?" Betty said.

"Yes, I agree with your point on equality, but please Betty. Mom was trying to comfort you, she didn't want to hurt you and is trying to be a better Mother to you." Angelica defended her Mother and Betty scoffed.

"Mother is trying to turn me into her, but I am not like her. We are different in many ways." Betty mumbled.

Angelica sighed and crossed her arms.

"No more wedding planning for today." She pulled her out of her seat and dragged her with her.

-

"This girl here has been staying up all night, no sleep at all." Peggy said, Betty lay on her lap, sleeping soundly like a baby.

"She does seem tired more often now. She keeps pushing us back, every time we try to help her, how can we help her without her even knowing?" Angelica said.

"Well we have to wait and find out when the date of the wedding is then we can all help with the invitations. Then, I know a couple of dress makers and florists who can help too, I know exactly her size, and I also found, reading in one of her letters to John, that she wanted to get married in the same place Mom and Dad got married." Eliza explained.

"Eliza, you're a genius!" Angelica grinned. "Okay. I'll go find the flowers, Eliza, find a dress. Peggy, take good care of her." Angelica said, getting ready to go out.

Peggy and Eliza nodded and the two headed to their feet.

Peggy sighed and looked down at her sleeping sister.

"Just don't push yourself too much." Peggy sighed, storking her hair.

-

Bethie,
There is nothing much to do at training camp, I got bunked with Laf, Herc and Alex so that's good.
Also, earlier on, a random guy came up to me and told me to say Congratulations, to you for getting married, he knew your Dad and is very close to him. Who is he?
I have almost forgoten, about my parents for a second, just as they heard about the engagement, they heard about you being a Schuylur and are very eager to meet you and your family. So once I have come back, my parents will be heading straight to New York.

I'm here, missing the love of my life, prepairing for battle. I'll try to stay alive, for you.

I love you Bethany Schuylur,

J. Laurens

-

"She is getting stressed again!" Peggy yelled to Angelica, holding a stressed out Betty.

All four women rushed towards Betty and tried to comfort her.

Betty began to panic, that is what has been happening to her for the past few days, it would last for hours at a time, none of them knew what to even do with her, just to comfort her and to let her let it all out.

"What if I trip? What if I fall and embarrass myself? Does he even love me? Is it because I am a Schuylur?! I don't think I can do this anymore." Betty panicked.

"Betty, Shush, Shush. You'll be just fine, okay. He loves you, he really does." Martha said.

"Really?" Betty said, with tears rushing quickly down her face. "You think so?"

Martha smiled and nodded.

"Yes of course. Now come on, let's go get a drink. We can continue this later or tomorrow if you want." Martha pulled Betty up and the group headed towards the garden for tea.

-

"Church?"

"I am debating between where we could get married, it's either South Carolina or here in New York."

"Hmm, we'll come back to that one." Peggy said. "Okay so next up is flowers."

"Got that done, we have lavenders, roses and lilacs."

Peggy crossed that out and looked at what was next.

"Invitations? Well, not yet. But when is the day of the wedding?"

"Next month, from today." Betty said.

"Okay so we can put that on the invitations. Okay, now we need to check out a place of celebration, the party for the wedding after the ceremony."

"I have it. It's by Times Square."

"Okay, now-"

"Peggy."

"Yes?"

"I have been debating between you, Angelica, Eliza and Betsy. To be my Maid of Honor of course. I mean, Angelica and I were close, Eliza and I we were always playing together as children, Betsy has been my best friend since childhood, but you Pegs, you have been with me through thick and thin, you know almost everything about me, you and I have been super close as kids, ever since you were born, I thought of only protecting all of you, you Pegs I wanted to protect the most. I-I guess what I am trying to say is... Will you be my Maid of Honor?"

Peggy was in tears as she weeped with joy.

"Of course. I will do my best!" She hugged Betty and grinned. "But what about the other three. Did you tell them."

"Ues, Angelica and Eliza agreed with me. I took some time explaining and convincing Betsy. But she agreed otherwise." Betty explained.

"I love you Bet." Peggy said.