Chapter 41

(Y/n) POV

I woke up with a start, gasping for air and sweat on my brow. I looked around the bedroom. The only light was the moon shining through the window and peering through the silk transparent curtains. I sat up grasping my chest to steady my fast beating heart. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I placed my face in the palm of my hands trying to get a hold of myself.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped startled. I quickly relax as I am met with the concerned face of Loki. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were deeply trying to search mine. "Are you alright, love?" His smooth voice asks, my vocabulary seeming to have rubbed off on him a bit. I gave a half hearted smile and nod.
"Yes.... Yes, I'm fine. It was just another nightmare. I didn't wake you, did I?"
He didn't reply. He only stares at me for a few moments before speaking. "That's the fourth nightmare this week... not to mention the ones prior..."
"I'll be fine, Loki." I say trying to reassure him.
"I have to disagree with you. Your health has declined and you aren't getting as much sleep as you need. These nightmares are keeping you awake and it's taking a toll on your body." He states. "We must do something about this."
"And what do you suggest?" I ask crossing my arms.
"I... I don't know, but ignoring it isn't working anymore." Loki glances down hesitant for a moment before looking back into my eyes. "(Y/n), perhaps if you told me what these dreams were about then maybe I could-"
"No. Absolutely not. I'm not going to recount every disturbing thing that just went through my mind..." I say putting my foot down.
"I can't help you if you don't talk to me." He pulls me closer beside him. I sigh.
"Look, Loki... even if I wanted to tell you I couldn't because I can't remember everything that has happened... It just happens and then I wake up scared..." I pull my knees to my chest. He looks down at me seemingly trying to think of something to help me.
"Tell me..." he starts. I look up at him. "Before these recently constant episodes of nightmares... did you always have trouble remembering your dreams?"
"Um... no I don't-...." I cut myself thinking back to when I had my first ever disturbing dream. Just before my home was attacked so long ago. How long has it been? At the time I couldnt even recall that dream until the familiarity of it started to play out before my very eyes. I then found out that it wasn't a dream. It was my eyes showing me things I wasn't around for. Things I couldnt see, but i could see them at the same time. It was the power of the eyes showing itself. I thought hard to myself. What if this itself wasn't a nightmare? Perhaps I should talk to Hiemdall about this.
"(Y/n)?" Loki asks bringing me from my thoughts. I blink a few times before giving him my attention. "What is it?"
"Uh... nothing. It was nothing." I say shaking my head and waving it off. I could see Loki wasn't convinced. It was only natural for him to be able to spot a lie from a mile away, but he made no attempts to pry for information. "Let's just go to sleep now, love." I say patting his bare chest. He eyes me unconvinced and I try to give him my best reassuring smile. He only sighs "Very well..." he lays back down and I lay my head on his chest as he wraps an arm around my waist. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep, but I remain lying awake. It was another sleepless night. I won't be going to sleep anytime soon. My mind continued to reel and think only of the continuous nightmares that plagued my mind for the last few weeks. They always seemed clear in the moment, but then always so vague and blurry the moment I awake. I could only remember parts.
The sun started to peak over the horizon and its rays shot through the curtains and invaded the room. It was finally morning and I saw no point in even attempting to sleep now. I might as well get my day started now. I sighed and gently sat up, careful not to wake Loki. I stretched making my back and shoulders pop. I looked around the room. It was this time that I had spent the night in Loki's room rather than mine, though it wasn't unusual for Loki and I to switch between our rooms to spend the night in. His room was much nicer than mine. His was much bigger and was much more elegant. Greens and gold painted the room and linens. Multitudes of books lined the enormous shelves against his walls. He had a desk with all sorts of papers with spells and work on them. He had a cabinet next to his desk with a lock and key keeping people from entering it. I only assumed it was of different tools, artifacts, and ingredients for his different spells. It only made sense on why he didn't want anyone messing around with his things. I get up from the bed and walked into the bathroom  adjoined to his bedroom. His bathroom was all sorts of flashy. It had gold and white marble everywhere. It had a large porcelain bath built into the marble flooring. Gems accented different parts of the bathroom and there was even a large window with a view. There was a large silk curtain that separated the bath from the rest of the bathroom making it seem like it's own little world. Candles automatically lit themselves when you walked in giving a soft relaxing ember glow. This lavatory definitely seemed to be the type Loki would be into, though not entirely my taste. I rely more on comfort and relaxation rather than flashy material and wealthy accessories. Perhaps that's the poor girl talking within me. I walked towards his bath, my bare feet making slight patters across the hard floor. I pull back the silky curtain a bit and began to fill the bath. I don't know how this asguardian technology works, but I'm hellbent on just accepting that it's magic since I have seen enough of it. The water comes from a mysterious pipe... it also magically gets heated all on its own. Yes. It must be magic. I let the water begin to fill the bath. As I wait I strip off my nightgown. There was a large reflective crystal that was lodged in the wall. It served as a mirror. I look into it. My face looked exhausted and there were slight bags underneath my eyes from the long term lack of sleep. My posture was droopy a bit, but I didn't have the energy to sit or stand up straight. I overall just looked tired. I only sighed and waved it off going back to the bath making sure to close the curtains behind me. I turned off the magically flowing water and tested it out by dipping my toes in the water first. The warm sensation sent goosebumps up my body as I slowly descended into the water. I take my time bathing and rinsing myself off. I was in no hurry to leave. At this time of morning I highly doubt anyone else in the castle is awake anyhow. I lower myself deeper in the water making the water come just under my nose. I close my eyes thinking.
Eventually, however, the warm water begins to relax me and I start to feel sleepy. I lean back against the side of the bath letting my head rest back on the edge. My breathing becomes level as I start to doze off.
Fire
Screams
Blood of all different colors.
Creatures I've never seen before getting attacked
Versions of worlds that were different from my own. Some with purple or orange skies. Some with blue trees and red grass. So many different variations of worlds I could barely comprehend, but one thing remained the same. A particular type of creature I've seen before. Dark elves of Svartalfheim as what i know them now as. So may of them attacking all of these different variations of creatures. One in particular stands among them. One that seems to be looking over the others work. One that seems to stand above the rest. One that I now know as Malekith. He watches the blood baths as his own ranks invade the lands. He scans his surrounding area. Then all at once as if I've suddenly appeared right in front of him, he turns directly to me. His black eyes piercing my very soul. He gives a smirking type of smile, his white skin cracking and baring his sharp teeth. "There you are...." his voice cold and threatening as his evil grin grows wider
"... I'm coming for you..."
My eyes snap open and I sit up with a gasp making the water slosh out of the bath some and splash my face. I place a hand on my chest trying to steady my breathing and wipe the water from my face as it drips off my chin. I look around. There was nothing.  Just the bathroom. I take a deep breath. The water had gone cold and it seems the sun has risen higher in the sky. How long was I in the bath for?... I suppose it doesn't matter. That's enough for today. I get out of the bath grabbing a towel and wrapping it around myself. I curse to myself when I realized I've forgotten clothes. I groan and rub my temples. I walk out the bathroom and see Loki had woken up already and had gotten dressed. He was standing at the foot of the bed adjusting his sleeves. "Oh. You're awake." He turns and looks up at me. He looks me up and down and then smirks and chuckling a bit. "And you're naked."
I momentarily look down for a moment, my cheeks flushing as I tighten the towel around me. "Ah... yes. Well I was in the bath and-" I didn't really have more of an explanation than that. He continues to smirk looking directly at me silently until he notices my frazzled appearance.
"Are you alright?" He asks.
"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask tilting my head a bit.
"You seemed... disturbed." He says stepping closer to me and placing his hands on my bare shoulders.
"I'm fine." I say giving a small smile. He takes in my tired appearance, though that's something that has been normal as of lately. However, he noticed that the alert look in my pupil and the bags underneath my eyelids didn't match up and it made him curious. It's as if something scared me. Something did, but I wasn't quite sure what it was nor did I have the brain strength to figure it out. It seemed like he was staring at me forever until I broke the silence with a yawn. I cover my mouth and slightly turn away to try and appear less rude. He sighs and goes back to adjusting his clothes properly. He's letting it go... for now.
"How did you sleep?" He asks, even though the answer was obvious.
"Fine." I say walking over to one of the drawers of his dressers. I begin looking for one of his night shirts. He hardly wears them, seeing as he's mostly bare chested at night. It's more than a little bizarre and unlady like to wear men's clothing, but seeing as it was only temporary and a night shirt and also how I was not on my own world anymore, I felt it wasn't a big deal to borrow one of his shirts and worry about what type of social scandal and controversy it might bring forth.
"The tired expression on your face says otherwise." Loki says watching me go through his different night shirts with a raised brow.
"Well that isn't exactly anything new, now is it?" I say settling for a nice dark grey one. It was just long enough to cover all of my private areas and it was a nice soft silky texture.
"Did you not get any more sleep after our conversation last night?" He asks as I slip on the shirt and letting the towel fall to the floor once it was over me. The entire thing was big on me, naturally. It had a v cut in the neck in the front with a string criss crossing the v. The sleeves were also long and covered my hands, my fingers just poking out the ends. The base of the shirt went right to the mid top of my thighs. I hesitated and thought about lying to the question all together, but decided not to as I saw no point to it.
"No. I didn't. I couldnt bring myself to fall back alseep." I say smoothing out the fabric of the shirt on me. Loki sighs and crosses his arms.
"You can't keep going on like this. Your mortal heart won't be able to take it."
I look at him irritated for bringing my mortality into this once again.
"Now don't give me that look. You know it is true." He comes closer, having a face of seriousness. "Your bodies work differently than ours do... your structures are much weaker than ours... therefore, sleep is much more vital to your health than it is to ours.... and that is something you cannot deny."
I hated to admit it, but he had a point. Being a mortal did mean my body was structurally weaker than my asguardian counterparts. We cannot stand up against some of the things they can and that includes our basic level of needs. Where as they need sleep also, they can go longer days without sleep than we can. Where they can eat, they eat more as a luxury rather than a necessity. Where they can feel pain, they have a much higher pain tolerance than we do. Their bodies are made to withhold much more than our bodies are and that was just basic fact... whether I liked it or not. Loki knew this. He's clearly done his research on Miguardians.... in some way or another. I didn't reply. He comes and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer. "You need to sleep. It's time."
"I would if I could." I told him. "Do you think I want to be awake and miss so much sleep?.... I'm exhausted, Loki, but it seems my mind doesn't want me to sleep."
He was silent for a moment before nodding in understanding. "I will look into a solution... of course it will have to be later." He releases me and begins gathering a few things, preparing to leave.
"Where are you going?" I ask watching him.
"I'm going to discuss a few things with my father on important matters of our future." He says not even looking my way.
"Our future?" I ask confused. He looks at me with a smile.
"Yes. Our age is growing closer to where a king must be chosen. I know it will be I, so I want to discuss things with my father so I may understand your position as queen."
"Q-queen?" I stutter a bit nervous at the title.
"Yes. You have been here and stood by my side for so long now. It is only natural that I would want you ruling by my side or... Do you not want to become queen?" He asks looking at me with a slight frown.
"Well... it's not that, it's just... I never really paid attention to your status much and becoming queen never passed my mind. I never thought I'd ever become queen before and... the whole thought makes me nervous. For one... I'm not even asguardian. How can I even rule such a place? I didn't even rule my own home. Quite the opposite! I lived on the lowest level of social class. I know nothing of ruling, much less ruling people with God like abilities." I sat picking at my nails. Loki chuckles at me and comes over, giving me a soft kiss.
"Do not worry. You will be a wonderful queen. There is a system in place to help prepare you for such a task. Do not think of it right now. It is not the top priority for you. Sleep should be your main concern." He says placing a hand on my cheek. I lean into his touch placing my hand over his. "Try and get some rest. I know these nightmares are tormenting you, but will you at least try?"
I sigh, but nod. "Yes. I will try."
He smiles satisfied. "Alright. I have to go now."
I nod and kiss his lips once more. "I love you, Loki."
"And I love you." He said heading for the door. "I will fetch you later for supper."
"Alright." I say waving to him.
He opens the door to leave, but pauses a moment and turns back to me.
"(Y/n)."
"Yes?"
"You should wear my shirts more often. I have to say you look rather... tempting in them." His eyes scope up and down my body. "Yes... I'd say perhaps we should skip supper all together and go straight for dessert... what do you say?"
"I-i - u-um..." I didn't know what to say to that. I just looked down my face becoming flush. I began playing with the hem of the shirt while my legs pressed together and my shoulders lifted up a bit. Loki saw my embarrassment and relished in it. He found it amusing.
"I will see you later." He says a final time before finally leaving.
I breathe out a sigh of relief. That man knows exactly what he does to me and he thinks it's funny. I chuckle at his little antics.
"Oh, Loki. What would I do without you?"

Hello, everyone. Another chapter finished. I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know when the next one will come out. We will just have to wait and see based on how things are going in my life. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and I will see you in the next chapter! Toodles!