Chapter 12

George POV
“George! George get up now!” Patricia says waking me up in a panic. I instantly sit up wondering what's wrong. “Whatwhatwhat? What is it? What's wrong?”
“We’re under attack. Malekith has come for her and is going to make another attack on the nine realms!” Patricia says pulling me to my feet. She was already clad in her armor ready for battle. “We have to get (y/n) out of here now before it's too late!”
“What about the others. They can't stay here!” I tell her already prying up the floorboards to access my Armour and our weapons.
“I've already sent them from the town. Everyone in London is being evacuated. They're already setting fire fire and destroying the place.” she says grabbing all her weapons and gathering supplies. I pull on my arms Armour strapping to my body tightly and start arming myself for battle if necessary. “Good. Let's go then. We can't waste any more time here.” I urgently woke up (y/n). “(y/n)! (Y/n)! Wake up!” I I says and she groggily turns confused. I didn't bother waking her up anymore and just grabbed her by her arm and started running.”
“Ah! What the hell?! What are you doing?!” she yells panicked as she tries to keep up in her night gown.
“We're getting out of here is what we're doing!” I says to her and Patricia was waiting by the door making sure the coast was clear. “Come on let's go! They're moving quickly.” she says ushering them out.
“Mother? What's going on? Why are you all in Armour? I don't understand!” (y/n) was desperately trying to understand everything that was happening. I felt terrible. Her whole perception of her life is crashing down. We pull her with us and start quickly, but cautiously making her way down the paths ducking under things and hiding in alley ways.
“Darling, calm down. Just do what we ask you and ask questions later, understand?” she tells her with a quiet and firm voice as we hide behind and toppled over carriage as armored dark elves roam the streets rapidly trying to find what we know to be (y/n). (Y/n) peeks between the wheels of the carriage trying to see what's going on. She gasps and sits with her knees tucked into her. “It was just like my dream…” she mumbled. “What? What dream?” I whisper to her urgently. Patricia looks at her too while glancing every so often out to make sure it's clear.
“u-uh uh… I- I had a dream the last night we were at Madam Dalrousse’s mansion and it looked just like this except at different place a-and… there was a voice a-and - I don't know. I don't know. It happened a day or 2 ago. I didn't even remember when I woke up.” (y/n)’s was stuttering and she was starting to panic. I looked at Patricia and we both had the same thought. Heimdall was trying to warn us, but we didn't get the message because she didn't remember her own dream. “Calm down. You're going to be fine. Just take a deep breath and- Ah damn it!” Patricia ducks down and draws her sword. “We have 3 coming our way. I think they spotted us. Get ready.” I draw my sword and pull (y/n)’s face to look at me. “Listen close. We're going out there to get rid of those fights okay?” I nod and she nods back. “I want you to follow in the shadows as we make our way up the street through enemies. Don't let them see you okay? Can you do that for me, (y/n)?”
She nods confidently. “Good. Get ready.” I tell her before charging out with Patricia full force.

(Y/n)’s POV
I was breathing hard feeling like I was losing my mind. I can't believe this is really happening! I don't know what I… I don't know how…. No. I take a deep breath. Do what they told you to do and you will get through this. I peek out from over the toppled carriage seeing George and mother take on the ugly looking monsters. They're nothing I've ever seen before. I ducked down quickly my heart racing I thought one had looked at me. After moment I barely peek up again and see George and mother slowly making their way up the street being sure to try and keep the attention on them while I move along from here. I slowly inch out from behind the carriage and dart to the next hiding spot. As we moved along down the street I did my best to remain in the shape. Everything was going smoothly and we finally reached the edge of the city and they made it through a long line of enemies. They were covered in soot and sweat from fighting. I was covered in soot and sweat because I was hiding behind some fires that made me hot like a coward. George turned to me breathing hard and held out his armored hand and gestures for me with his fingers to come to the spot they are so they can we can all keep going. I look around cautiously before going up to them. A large arrow shot through my leg. “AH!” I yell painfully and fall to my knees on the ground.
“(Y/n)!” George was instantly at my side trying to help me up, support my weight, and block me from any more fires toward me. Mother looked around on guard trying to look and see where the arrow came from. It was from one of those sick bastards on the roof. She growled before running over dodging many arrows that were meant for her and started hoping over fallen debris and wall jumping onto the roof easily taking out the archer. George didn't bother trying to figure out how to remove the arrow. We had to get somewhere safe or a silly arrow would be the least of our problems. “Can you make yourself run?!” He says to me in in a panicked tone. “U-uh I...I…” i was stuttering and panicked. I looked at my impaled leg. The arrow went straight through and I wasn't sure. I looked back and you could see the large shadows of the soldiers coming. “(Y/n)!, Can you make yourself run?!” George snaps bringing my attention back to him. I look back and see mother getting ready to fight. “Answer him!” she yells.  “Doesn't matter! I have to!” I say feeling panicked adrenaline go through me. He nods pulling me up and we run as fast as we could. My heart was racing too fast for me to even feel the pain in my leg. We were heading to the countryside. “Hiemdall, bring us back!” George yelled to the sky. What the hell was he doing? Who the hell was hell calling out to? He's yelling to myths. We looked behind us and saw a swarm of those monsters coming for us. My eyes widened. “Oh, God…”
“Go! Go! GO!” George yelled and tried to go faster. We were trying to run faster that it was straining us.  “Heimdall, please!” mother screamed desperately to the heavens “We have to be close! See us! Hear us!”
“Stop! Stop! Who the bloody hell are you calling out to?! They're myths!” I yell at them out of breath.  They were getting closer. They were gaining on us very quickly. They were getting too close. At this rate we were going to be caught. “Oh damn it!..” mother curses under her breath. “Okay. Okay. You keep running. I'll try my best best to hold them off as long as I can!”
“Are you insane?!” George says looking at her like she was crazy. “They're going to kill you!”
“Then this will be the last time we see each other.”
“What?! Please don't say that! Just keep running!” I tell her desperately.
“Enough! Stop being so irrationally dense you two. You know our situation and you know that we all will not get out of this alive, so I need you to shut up and be prepared! Do you understand me?!” mother yells at us urgently and not wanting to hear our bullshit either. She was preparing herself and us at the same time. We stay silent and tears run down our faces. George is trying his best to keep it together, but a few tears slip from his eyes uncontrollably. “Just go… I'll finish the job.” George mutters. He knows what has to be done.
“What?! No! George!” I tell him.
“It was an honor serving by your side, George. I couldn't have had a better friend to work with.” she was crying now saying her last words. “(Y/n)...”
My heart breaks I can't even speak. I'm already sobbing, but trying to keep my feet going as fast already they could. “(Y/n), darling, please listen. Even though I am not your real mother, I want you to know is a did think of you as my own daughter. You mean so much to me and caring and protecting you wasn't just a job for me. It was my entire purpose in my life. I want you to remember that, okay?”
I nod knowing there was nothing I could do, but I felt like I could do this. Give her the closure and strength to sacrifice herself for us. “I.. I w-will!” she smiles and lets out out a breath of relief. “Thank you. Thank you both for giving me the opportunity to be in your lives. I love you.”
That's when George breaks and can't hold his tears anymore. He grunts and hiccups hanging his head in despair, pushes his legs forward anyway, so I speak for him. “...we love you…”
She nods and gives one last smile before bringing herself to a halting stop making her feet grind against the dirt making dust clouds. She stands the battle ready with her swords armed. George didn't even look back. I saw as she fought valiantly and she certainly was holding them off to where we gained a great distant ahead of them. She was doing well and I honestly thought she was going to pull through, but the soldiers circled her and she she disappeared from sight. I sighed in despair as I kept going forward. “Heimdall… Heimdall, please…” George's voice was broken and quiet. “...let us be close…” an arrow zipped past our heads. “Ah!” we both yelled startled. We look back and they're firing arrows at us now. We try to shield ourselves with our arms. George got an arrow to the shoulder and the thigh. “Agh!” he stumbled but kept going. An arrow zoomed past my neck making a slice in the side of it. Another one goes straight through my side. The pain now was becoming overwhelming. George could take a lot more hits than I could. He's much bigger and stronger than me, but he's also wearing armour. He was starting to look like a porcupine. He had all kinds of Arrows coming out of him. He coupled up blood, but spat it to the ground. He was really pulling through, but he was slowing down dramatically and he was in a lot of pain and tired. I went over putting his arm around me and tried my best to keep us going. He was so heavy. He finally collapsed onto the ground. I tried to carry him and pull him back up, an arrow went straight through the back of my knee and that was it. I couldn't take him or me any farther and I fell hard to the ground. I was in so much pain and and so was he. I took a deep breath and starting ripping arrows from my legs and back. “agh..ah! Ugh! ...ow…” I groaned and whined in pain. George sat up removing some of his own and her rows grunting and barely able to move. We were both a sweaty bloody mess. We We saw the soldiers now sprinting full force at us. We were about to be sweaty bloody corpses. “Oh god…” I say scooting back in terror. “Oh my god. Oh my god! Oh my god!”
George was now inching back as much he could as well looking horrified. “Hiemdall! Bring us back!” Nothing happened. What was he expecting? “Heimdall, please! Bring us back! Now!” the monsters were almost upon us. It was like watching our deaths coming for us. We were frantically trying to scoot back as if that was somehow going to work. “Heimdall! HEIMDALL!!” They are getting unbelievably close. “BRING US BACK! BRING US BACK NOW!” The monsters were almost hovering over us. Then a beaming blast of light hit us straight on knocking the soldiers back. It sucked us up in an extremely fast pace as rainbow like star beams encircle us like a tube. I screamed as I was being dragged by my feet upside down. George was above me. I couldn't even even see him, but I know I couldn't hear his screams. It only seemed a few moments more before we were thrown out of the strange portal. George landed on the floor with with a grunt. I landed on George with an oof. George groaned in pain. “I'm so sorry, George!” I say painfully rolling off of him. “You're good...it's fine…” his voiced strained. I lay on the floor and looked up and around the big gold dome they were in. “Where…?” my voice trails off.
“It seems you've just made it…”
I quickly look alert towards the deep voice recognizing it as the one from my dream. There stood a large black man with the brightest gold Armour and the brightest gold eyes. I recognized him as Heimdall from my book. Gatekeeper of Asguard. I couldn't believe what was happening. I had to either been dead or dreaming. I laid my head back down on the floor trying to process everything with a mixture of exhaustion and blood loss. I breathe deeply as I slowly begin to fade out. I don't know if I'm passing out because of shock and blood loss or if I'm falling asleep instantly because of how tired I am. Either way my eyes feels heavy and my vision blurry. I see the blurry image of Heimdall approach my lying form before kneeling down beside me. “You're finally safe now. Welcome to Asguard.” he says softly before my eyes roll back and I pass out cold.

Hey, guys. Here's a new chapter for you. I hope you're all doing well. It took me a bit to upload this and I think I'm going to end up posting these a little slower. One reason is because I need a little more leeway time to come up with what happens next. The other reason is because I have some personal business I need to take care of regarding my health and some other things I'm not going to get into. I hope you understand and thank you for being patient. So look forward to the next part and until them I'll see you in the next chapter! Tootles!