Chapter 32

I look at Loki's kneeling and bowing form in front of me as he holds one of my hands. I furrow my brows and press my lips together in a line. I take my hand from his hold. He looks up at me. "Alright, fine... I'll give you a chance."
"Tha-"
"Hush. I will give you a chance to prove yourself." I cut him off and stand tall showing my dominance.
"But you sai-"
"I know what I said, but I am allowed to change my mind." I sigh. He stands not really sure if he should say anything only to be cut off again. He looks down at me curiously waiting for my proposition.
"I want to go home. Prove yourself to me by taking me back to Midguard." I tell him.
"You must be foolish if you actually believe I'm going to take you-"
"You love me, don't you?" I ask him.
"Yes, but-"
"Then take me back home. It will only be for a little while. I promise." I begged him taking his hands in mine.
He sighs. "I don't think you understand. I will not be letting you go back to Midguard because I love you, despite you trying to blackmail me."
I frown. "Why?"
"Because it's dangerous."
"I hardly would find you in any type of trouble on Midguard. Not for a big god like yourself." I cross my arms.
"I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about you." He smirks.
"Me?"
"Yes. You."
"Why me?"
"You still have the power in your eyes, therefore you are still a target. Going back to Midguard would only draw them towards you again, only this time you could die."
"My family died for me..." I say sadly. "Died when they didn't have to. When it wasn't their time... and now their kids are down there suffering without them. Those kids are my family too..."
He was silent. I stepped closer to him. I hesitated, but hugged him. "Please... take me back. Just long enough for me to make sure they're okay..." He remained silent and all I could hear were his light breaths and steady heartbeat. The silence was thick and his lack of response made me want to cry. I held back my emotions and in response just hugged him tighter.
"I... I can't..." He finally said.
"So much for love..." I muttered bitterly letting him go.
"I can't put you in harm's way for them. I love you, not them. It's for the best."
"Please, Loki..." I begged him. He only looked at me. "What if you were to go with me?"
"What? No. Asguardians on Midguard is what got us into this mess in the first place." He says.
"...they don't think I'm a mess..." I say softly.
"What?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Asguardians stayed on Midguard to protect and raise me. You think I don't know all of this is my fault?" I tell him.
"That's not-"
"I know it's not what you meant, but it's how it feels." I turn my back on him walking and sitting by my window. "Forget your petty love and forget my request. You're of no use to me now and you have no way of changing my mind. Love just hurts others. James would know that." I say solemnly.
"Who's this James you're referring to?" He asks.
"A heartless man. Just like you." I snapped, but immediately felt regretful. I sigh. "I'm sorry. That was unnecessary. He was the man I was suppose to marry."
"Marry? You were betrothed?" He asks now sitting on the edge of my bed.
"Yes. I was. James was a noble. His family wanted land that my fa- or... who I thought was my father, had purchased. He bought it hoping one-day we could build a house on it and live there alone together as a family. He spent most of our money on it, but it was ours. No-one knew at the time that it was sitting on top of oil and copper deposits. We are technically rich, but since we have no way of harvesting the product we can't sell it nor could we afford to have anyone come and do it for us, so it sits in its place until someone gets it. That's what James' family wants. My land."
"Mortals." Loki rolled his eyes. "Fighting over mud and rocks."
"Well in our world, Loki, these things keep the world in order. It gives resources and money. Money keeps the world from going into chaos or it is the cause of it. It's all about money." I sigh.
"What happens to your land now?" He asks.
"They all think I'm dead and I have no-one on Midguard in my bloodline nor do I have a will that says who it will go to, so my land goes up for auction."
"Auction?"
"Its where people gather and try to out pay each other for the product. Whomever has the most money get the item or in this case, my land." I explain to him.
"Does this James also think you're dead?" Loki asks.
"Yes... but he doesn't seem to care because he already married to another woman."
"When were you suppose to marry?"
"Just a few days after we were attacked. He's been married for months now." I looked out the window frowning. "He even kissed me and told me how much he liked me. He told me he looked forward to our wedding..." I lean my head against the window sadly. Loki was silent. He was glaring at the ground. He seemed bothered now, but I didn't care to pay any mind to it.
"Alright..." He stands.
"Alright what?" I ask looking at him.
"I'll take you to Midguard." He says with a determined look.
"What? Really?" I say now standing.
"Yes. As long as I accompany you."
"Oh thank you, Loki!" I say hugging him around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist hugging me back. I pull back. "I have to go get ready!" I kissed his cheek and ran into the bathroom to find appropriate clothing to dress in and mentally prepare myself to see my home again.

Hello, everyone. Short. I know. So, I think I know where I'm headed with the story now. I just need to wrap up some loose ends and then I will get to the more darker and solemn areas. Then we will start getting to the point of this whole story. Until then, I will see you in the next chapter. Toodles!