a Chapter 23

(Y/N) POV

"Beyla, I honestly don't know what to make of that man." I sitting in the spring bath with shiny bubbles floating around in the water. I lift my foot from the water looking thoughtfully at it as I wiggle my toes.
"He is... A difficult one." Beyla nods in agreements as she sits with her legs tucked underneath her beside the bath waiting for me to finish bathing.
"Difficult is an understatement. I can't read his demeanor if it saved my life. He seems so charming,... but..." I sigh.
"But he's known for being untrustworthy." Beyla finished. I nod with a pout sliding down into the water covering the bottom half of my face to where only my eyes peaked out.
"(Y/n),... I'm not sure what to do in this situation and I certainly don't know how to react to him trying to lure your affection to him. He's... never done something such as this before." Beyla says looking at me with a helpless and confused look. "I don't know what to make of it." She was silent for a few moments. She seemed to want to say something, but didn't know how to go about it or perhaps she didn't want to offend me. Her gaze stared deeply into the floor in front of her lost in her own thoughts. I returned back to my full upright position. "Beyla, you look like you have something on your mind."
"Well I....nevermind. it isn't anything."
"It seems like something to me. You're pondering quite a bit for it to be nothing." I tell her.
She sighed. "Well I was not present when all of this occurred, but are you sure he's trying to court you?" I furrow my eyebrows at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"
"Well... I mean that Loki and others don't look upon mortals as potential spouses for many reasons. I think perhaps it was wishful thoughts from flattery." Beyla said as gently as she could.
"You think I've perceived it falsely?" I ask her.
"Yes... I don't mean to be crude, but I find it very hard to believe that Loki would completely change his ways and perception of things after only 2 weeks.... even less likely around a mortal..." Beyla was straightforward, but empathetic; Something that's hard to accomplish at the same time.
"So everything around here that involves me has to do with my mortality." I look down.
"Unfortunately, yes... it does. Every decision that is made that relates to you will in some way or another have to do with your mortality."
"I see..."
"Do not be upset. This does not mean you don't have people who care for you here. You are just out of place, but you can adapt as best you can. I know it. It's as if we were on Midguard. We would be out of place and it would take some time to be able to normally live in a place such as that." Beyla tries to comfort me.
"Yes, but when you've adapted the ways of Modguardians then you can walk among us and we would have no idea who you were, but people here can sense I'm mortal. I can't get away with such things. I am what I am." I sigh frustrated.
"You are who you are. You are not a what. I have learned that the moment you wanted me as a friend and not a servant." Beyla says with a smile.
"...thank you, Beyla." I smile back. She nods and pats my shoulder before standing. "Anytime. Now. Finish up quickly. The King and Queen are waiting for your arrival. They wanted to have dinner with you... privately."
"Wait. I'm going to be with them alone?" I ask getting nervous.
"Yes. Now come on. Hurry hurry." She says taking my arm and pulling me from the water. She pulls me along as I stumble along behind her awkwardly climbing out of the bath making water slosh and spills out. "Wait wait." I say resisting and taking my arm from her not caring of my nudity. "I can't have dinner with them alone."
"Why not? It's considered a great honor to dine with the royals, especially with the king and queen themselves." Beyla turns frowning at me disappointed.
"Why? Because I... I... I will make a complete fool of myself!" I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "I don't want to walk in there and seem like I am a Bobolyne."
"What on Asguard is... oh nevermind that. Stop worrying yourself, dear. It's going to be okay. Odin may be strict, but he is merciful. He won't cast you to the side like garbage." Beyla says grabbing a bath towel.
"It's like you said. I'm just a mortal. I'm basically rubbish. It was probably for the best I was left in the garbage in infancy." I look downward. She hit my arm. "Ow!..." I rub my arm.
"You are not rubbish! I never want to hear you say that again." She huffs. "And I'll have you know that Odin is a good king. He is caring and protective of Midguard and the mortals. He finds Midguard precious and will defend it as best he can while not trying to intervene in their lives. He loves Midguardians. You have no reason to be worried."
I take the towel drying my body and my hair. "...alright." I didn't know what else to say. She hugs me. "I'm sorry I snapped at you, but please don't talk so lowly of yourself. You are worth so much and I can see Odin's perspective of seeing how precious mortals are. How precious you are." I hug her back. "It's alright. I suppose I'm having some self worth issues. I will do my best to sort them out." I say quietly. She hugs me tighter before letting go and smiling at me. She quickly amd gently turns me around and starts pushing me out into the room. "Now come on. Come on. We can't waste more time. Go now and prepare yourself. Dress yourself and I will prepare your hair." I laugh and nods doing as she says. My heart was beating fast. I was so nervous. I'm going to meet King Odin and see Queen Frigga again. I made my diary good impression with her. I think. Hopefully all goes well with the king. He didn't let me stay the first time. Why would he let me stay the second?

Hello, everyone. Are you enjoying the story? I hope so. I also want to say please excuse me for my spelling and proof reading errors. I don't go back over them after I finish. I just post it. I hope that isn't too bothersome. Other than that, please enjoy yourselves. I'll see you in the next chapter. Tootles!