Chapter 40

*present day*

"(Y/n), I don't mean to cut you off, but... what does this have to do with my brother hating me?" Thor says cutting off my story. I thought for a moment.
"Emphasis honestly." I tell him getting up from my spot beside him.
"Emphasis on what?" Thor asks.
"On just how much he loved me." I say a slight bit bitter. "He has done so much for me and he only continued to care for me after those events. I was telling you exactly what happened that day on Midguard in order for you to understand the turning point in his mind. Something in him changed since that day... something for the better perhaps."
"Yes... I remember.... He did change." Thor lifted his head slightly to the ceiling thinking back to after we came back from Midguard. A small.smile formed on his lips. "He smiled more. He seemed more patient... even with myself."
I smiled at Thor reminiscing about the past. He seemed happy. He looks at me. "You know... he always talked about you."
"Really?" I ask titling my head a bit. That surprised me. I never really expected Loki to be flaunting his feelings for me.
"Well it was only to me, however. He talked about how smart and articulate you were. He says he loved how it sometimes felt like a challenge to go against your mind sometimes. I of course only made fun of him for having affection for a mortal."
"No surprise there." I scoff.
"Yes. Yes. I know. I am an idiot and have been proven wrong." Thor chuckled. "Loki didn't care, however. He was only impressed by your level of skill for a mortal. He only praised you. I've never seen him so happy before."
"Sounds like you both had much to talk about." I say
"Yes... he talked about you and he even let me ramble on about whatever nonsense I was into, though I doubt he actually listened.... regardless.... I think that was the closest my brother and I have ever gotten."
"That doesn't mean it can't happen again." I tell him.
"How do you suppose that?" He asks looking at me confused.
"Loki is temperamental, stubborn, arrogant, and even deceitful... but believe it or not... he is a being capable of feeling emotion including pain, betrayal, hurt, sadness, anger
... and even sentiment. No matter what you've done... he will not forget the times youve had together. He will not forget he was raised by your side as your brother and growing up that is what he called himself to you. The feeling of being your brother doesn't just go away. There's a bond established. He can try and fight it all he wants to, but it will be there." I sigh sitting back on my knees.
"He has only betrayed me..." Thor sighs. "There is no way he sees me as his brother."
"Thor.... he is going to do it again. He is still Loki... and he is still hurt and unstable. His thirst for power drives him and clouds his judgment, but... I believe... when his action are truly put to the test on his bond for you then... he will make the right decision." I nod confidently.
"I can only hope you are right." He says unconvinced. He sits up straighter and looks at me. "Go on. Tell the rest of your story, though... may I request you tell it a bit faster. I am limited on time."
"Perhaps you should have thought about that before you rose me from the dead." I smirk crossing my arms.
He breathes a laugh of amusement before looking back at me.
"Please, (y/n)."
"Alright alright. I'll move it along." I say waving my hand dismissively.
"Please... continue." He says nodding towards me gesturing a hand for me to go on with my story.
"Well... as you know... we've only gotten closer since that day, despite my brother's constant attempt to keep us separated." I start to play with my fingers.
"If I remember correctly... he and Heimdall eventually did come around seeing Loki's persistence and determination to care for you."
"Yes... they did. They put aside their own feelings in order for me to be happy... I was grateful for that." I stood up once more and began pacing. "Of course... you know things didn't stay calm for me forever. Those dark elves were still looking for me and they were causing all kinds of chaos across the universe trying to find a way to get to me. As heimdall was training me to make use of my eyes better I saw what those monsters were up to in my nightmares. I just... didn't realize they were real until later... those nightmares happened for weeks on end.... Loki did his best to reassure me, but I knew deep in the back of my mind and in the pit of my stomach that something wasn't right..."

Hello, everyone. How are you doing? Short chapter, I know, but better than no chapter i think. I hope you don't mind too much. I'm trying to get them out as best i can, but please be patient with me. Anyway, to explain this chapter, I needed a turning point and basically that's what this is. Something to move along the story without making it seem too random. Well. That's basically it. I hope you guys have a wonderful day and I'll see you in the next chapter! Toodles!