Chapter 33

"Why not?" I pouted to Hiemdall.
"Because it's dangerous and I said no." He tells me.
"But...I am well equipped to handle myself." I gestured to my outfit. I wore pants with a utility belt. It had a large pouch and loops for knives. My shirt was tight fitting and held firmly in place by my corset. I wore knee high boots and kept smaller knives in those. I only hoped I never have to use them. I lastly had a long cloak tied around my shoulders. The cloak went to my mid calves. Since I am a target it was best for me not to be out in the open for everyone to see.
"You cannot defend yourself properly." He tells me firmly.
"Loki will be with me." I say pulling Loki to stand beside me.
"An even bigger reason to not let you go."
"What? But I-"
"I said no." He states firmly. I frown angrily at him. I walk over and sit down in front of his post with my arms crossed. "I will stay right here until you let me go."
"Then you will be sitting there for the rest of your life span." He tells me.
"We will just have to see now won't we."

24 hours later.

I haven't slept nor eaten. I sit in my same spot doing in and out of sleep. My eyes were tired and heavy. Loki had long since left and I was left to convince Hiemdall alone. One problem was for sure. I was in desperate need to go to the loo. I had been sitting here for who knows how long and I have taken no breaks. I was too stubborn and determined to move from my spot.
"Your body is in need of care, (y/n). I suggest you tend to it." Hiemdall says. He apparently didn't need sleep or much food. All day every day he stands in his same spot watching and protecting Asguard from harm.
"No. I'm perfectly fine." I say my tired eyes glaring at him. He sighs and continues on with his duties.
"This is ridiculous." Loki says walking in carrying in a basket of food. My eyes light up in seeing the food and a wide smile spreads across my face. He gives a small smile seeing me eager look for the food. He kneels down handing my the food and I immediately took it and started eating.
"You cannot abandon your body's needs." Loki says watching me eat.
"You are only encouraging her." Hiemdall says to him.
"I'm feeding her because she's starving herself. That's in no way encouraging rather than looking out for her health." He scoffs and rolls his eyes. I ignore both of them as I stuff my face.
"Slow down. You will choke yourself." Loki says.
Hiemdall just shakes his head. I probably looked like some sort of animal by the way I'm eating. "Why don't you take this food and go back to your chambers and rest." Loki offered.
"What? No!" I exclaim my voice muffled by food. I swallow. "I will stay here until Hiemdall allows me to go back to Midguard!"
"Do not worry." Loki says reassuringly rubbing my back. He takes my hand and helps me stand. I carry the basket in one of my arms. "I will take care of it. You rest and I will fetch you later."
I stare at him for a moment and look at Hiemdall who seemed just as confused as I. Though knowing Loki, he will somehow find a way to get what he wants. I nod. "Alright. I'll leave you to it then." I say thinking it over for a moment. I didn't spend too much longer thinking it over seeing as how my bladder would explode if I did not make haste. I wave goodbye to both of them and exit with my basket of food. I walk with a quicker pace. I immediately head back to the castle. I quickly enter the castle and wave to Beyla as I pass her in the hallway. I enter my room closing the door behind me as I run to the loo to relieve myself leaving the basket and cloak on the bed.
Afterwards I came back plopping on my bed and taking the basket of food immediately indulging until my body was content. With that I let out a big yawn and immediately felt fatigue that was gathered over the period of my stubbornness. I was exhausted. I set the basket aside and crawl underneath the bedding. The moment my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

"(Y/n)."
I stirred in my sleep.
"(Y/n), wake up."
I was gently shaken out of my slumber. I relunctanly opened my eyes gazing tiredly at Loki who stood beside my bed with his hand on my arm.
"W-what?" I ask groggy.
"I said wake up, love. It's time to go." Loki says in a whisper.
"Don't call me that... where are we going?" I ask and look out the window. It's completely night out and the stars and moon were shining brightly over the city of gold.
"To Midguard." He says pulling me gently out of bed and wrapping my cloak around my shoulders and tying it. To this news I come to senses and nod determined. We quickly gather our things and we gently sneak out of the castle. Before I knew it we were running across the rainbow bridge back to the gate.
"Wait..." I come to a stop pulling Loki to a halt.
"What is it? We have to hurry." He tells me quickly.
"Hiemdall won't let us through." I sigh.
"I told you not to worry. I took care of it."
I raised an eyebrow. "What did you do?"
He smirks and leads the way into the gatepost. Hiemdall lay unconscious on the floor.
"Oh my God! What did you do?" I ask running over to the fallen warrior.
"Calm yourself and stay quiet. He's only asleep." He tells me sharply. He pulls out his spell book and I glare at it. "Is that what you did? Put a spell on him to sleep?"
He nodded.
"I hate that thing. It makes me uneasy. I want to throw it in a fire and set it a blaze." I show disgust toward to book. "You aren't taking that with us."
"Bu-"
"No."
"Thi-"
"I said no."
"..." He looks at me with raised eyebrows and I glare back at him. "Are you finished?"
I just roll my eyes.
"Very well. How do you suppose we protect ourselves if we do not have this book?" He asks crossing his arms.
"I suggest you start memorizing some spells to protect us because I'm not letting you take that devil's contraption with us." I demanded.
"Devil?" Loki questions. "You still speak of your religious beliefs, though you live the truth everyday?"
"You call yourselves gods and I use the term loosely to describe you, but from what I understand you age and you die just as mortals do." I say
"By a few thousand more years, yes." Loki crosses his arms curious to see where I was going with this.
"God's don't die. You all aren't gods. You're beings just as we are except stronger and older." I tell him. "It only makes sense. There is only one god and I'm willing to bet he does not dress like you."
Loki looks at what he wearing then back at me. "What's wrong with my clothing?" He says his brows furrowed.
"Oh... nothing. Let's just go." I say standing ready for Loki to open the portal.
He scoffs. "This conversation isn't over." He says taking Hiemdalls sword and placing it in its slot and making the portal apear. It was at this moment I was starting to get anxious. This entire time I was determined and excited, but now looking at the portal I was afraid. Afraid to go through the portal seeing as how I've only been through one other time. Afraid to go home and see it in person of the wreckage and turmoil left behind. Afraid to see the remaining members of my family again. I was afraid. Very afraid. Loki gently takes my hand bringing me out of my fear ridden mind. I look at him and he has a small reasurring smile on his face. For once I felt safe in his presence. Safe and protected. I squeeze his hand letting him know I trusted him and he took the lead in taking the first steps forward into the portal dragging me along with him.
Everything raced by and bright familiar colors filled my vision. Going through the portal a second time more prepared left me to admire the beauty of traveling this way. My eyes and mind wandered through the colors and Loki, never letting go of my hand.

Hello, everyone. Here's another chapter for you. I'm preparing to write these future chapters in a way where I don't confuse myself, but none the less the plot is moving forward. I'll do my best to update soon. Until then, I will see you in the next chapter. Toodles!