Chapter 17

(Y/n) POV
“-.... and?” I ask wondering why he stopped.
“And that was it. We all volunteered to take you you and raise you. We wanted you to grow up feeling like you were part a family rather than property to be guarded.” George says. “Heimdall watched you everyday to make sure you were okay. He loves you and so do we. All these years I really did think of you as my sister sister and wanted nothing, but to protect you. You may be mortal, but your home was Asguard. You were cared for. Loved. Heimdall is your father. Not by blood, but you're bounded by his love and his tears. He gave you those eyes and you can see more than anyone else.”
“My...my parents didn't want me? They just left me to die?” I ask my voice shaking a bit. I felt hurt and wanted to cry.
“I’m sorry, (y/n). We were distraught when we found out and we were even more distraught to believe a Midguardian would do that. We expected more.” George  sighed. “But don't feel like you've been abandoned. We wanted to be with you. Asgardian or not. We wanted to take care of you. It didn't  matter if it was our mission. It became our personal duty to protect you even if you didn't have the essence of the soul stone.”
“I… see.” I nod with a few tears going down my face. My parents  didn't want me, but  these strangers did and they became her new family. “um… Mum- or… Elizabeth said… she um… didn't have a sister. We or I… didn't meet Patricia until later.” I was trying to keep myself from completely sobbing. I sniffed and wiped tears from my face and took some deep shaky breaths.
“Yes. That was actually a mistake on our part. We didn't think Patricia  would play as big of a roll as she did. She was meant to be an outpost defender, but after Elizabeth died we needed had to cover up our mistake somehow. We already said we didn't have any other family and we didn't have any other idea of adding her without making you feel too uncomfortable.” George takes a breath. We were silent. I was trying to process my thoughts. I felt unwanted, hurt, betrayed, alone, but most of all... grateful, as odd as that may be. I feel humbled that strangers would find worth in an  abandoned, dirty, damaged infant behind  some garbage. I’m unbelievably overwhelmed with negative emotions, but I couldn't bring myself to be angry at any of them. They loved and risked their lives for me. Patricia… died for me. She her last moments just to tell me she loved me. I just can't be angry at them, but I still am terribly upset. I still felt slightly betrayed and felt I can't believe what they tell me.
“What are you thinking  about?” George asks.
“I… I don't know how to feel.” I mumble.
“That's alright. It's completely reasonable.” he nods. “May I ask one thing?”
“Do you honestly think you're in the position to?” I ask sniffling.
“No. Not at all,... but I wouldn't  be able to live with myself without your forgiveness.” George says his face was flushed red with overwhelming emotion. Tears did stain his face and you could tell his passion and desperation was eating at him. I sigh and wipe my cheeks.
“George, I feel betrayed and hurt. I'm in some unknown place that should be a myth, I've been shot multiple times with arrows, I have a death trap on my leg, and I'm exhausted….” I sigh and the heartbreak was apparent on his face. “...but I cannot bring myself to be angry at you. It's impossible for me not to forgive you.”
“Thank you, (y/n). I know I don't deserve your forgiveness and-”
“No. You do deserve it. You deserve more.” I tell him looking straight into his eyes. “You may have lied me, and I'm horribly upset about that, but your care, love, and protection for me out ways your lie. Even your lie was in good heart. I I will forgive you. Hands down. You are still my family.”
George bowed his head shedding tears of joy. He pulled me into a hug. “You truly have a heart of pure gold.”
“I love you, George. You really are my brother.” I hug him tightly.
“and I will protect you like one.” George  says his chin on on my shoulder and hand on the back of my head. There was a knock on the door and I jumped startled. George let me go looking at the door. He stood up wiping his tears and straightening himself up before opening the door. A slender woman was standing at the door. She looked shy and she had a petite stature. “Excuse me, but my Queen was wanting a check in on the condition of the Midguardian?” George looks back at me and I shift uncomfortably. I was now feeling anxious and uncertain. George whispers into her ear and she nods and scampers off. He closes the door and turns to me. “What's happening?” I ask.
“We need to get you ready and find you something more appropriate to present yourself to the queen. Now that you're awake she'll be waiting to see you.” George says.
“I can only assume you don't mean her highness, Queen Elizabeth…” I say.
“Not quite. Our queen is… a bit more of a higher power than your queen.” George chuckles.
“Oh...okay…” I take a deep breath. “Okay… let's meet the queen.”

Hello, everyone. I hope you're doing well. I hope you're also enjoying the story so far. Still halfway winging it, but I hope you're following okay. Does it make sense or am I just all over the place? Well I suppose you wouldn't be here if it wasn't doing okay. Well I'll update when I can and I'll see you in the next chapter! Tootles!