Chapter 27

George's POV

"She's been crying in her room all night." I tell Hiemdall sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. One of my knees were propped up and I rest one of my arm on it. I look up at his face. It was stern and clearly upset. He already knew what had happened. He saw it himself, but only part of it. His attention was on the realms above and then he looks to check on (y/n) and there he sees she been cast. That is why he sent me to find her in the library. I'm glad I did. Who knows what else that bastard, Loki, would have done. "I could barely get her to speak coherent sentences. It was hard to try and make sense of it all. Beyla and I tried our best to calm her down." I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "On a good note, however, we were able to calm her down enough to where she exhausted her self back to sleep."
"What was she saying?" Hiemdall asks his grip on his sword tight.
"I don't know... things like "It hurts", "I should've been there", "leave me alone", "why". All types of random nonsense. I couldn't get her to say what she was referring to on anything."
"I wonder where 'there' is?" Hiemdall ponders. "She clearly was seeing something.... I have my own suspicions, but i can't say... I don't know how those eyes work in her body. She doesn't see the things I see. Not yet, at least, so I wonder is she was seeing the same thing I have seen... It would certainly explain her agony." He was thinking out loud.
"What did you see?" I ask. He doesn't reply. I furrow my eyebrows. "Hiemdall," I try again. "What did you see?" He looks to the distance. I stand up and go before him.
"Its tragedy on Midguard. Aftermath of death and war. So much agony. Your friends are in a place of despair on Midguard." Hiemdall finally speaks.
"Friends? Are you talking about the families that shared a building with us?" I ask him.
"Yes."
"What? What happened? Are they okay?" I panic now.
"No. They aren't. You may find you have less friends than you originally started with." He says keeping his gaze ahead.
"Are you telling me some of them are dead!?" I exclaim. He didn't reply. I couldn't believe what he was telling me. They were evacuated. They should have been safe. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes, but I try and keep myself together. "Who's gone?" I ask strongly. "Hiemdall, who's dead and who's not?"
Hiemdall sighs. "Angela Carson, Martha Carson, and Harrold Nelson."
"They are..."
"Gone."
"Damn... Angela too?" I mumbled to myself biting my bottom lip. "She was just a kid."
"She couldn't keep up with the others. She and Martha Carson were too slow." Hiemdall tells him softly.
George just shakes his head trying to keep his tears back. He takes a deep breath through his nose. "What about the young kids and Clarrise?"
"The children have been placed in an orphanage. The infant, Carmen Nelson, is ill and Clarrise Smith is currently fighting for custody of her son, Casey Smith."
"They took her son away?!" George exclaimed. "That's- what?...but... He's just a... why?"
"Because it is said that the boy shouldn't be raised by a woman of the night." Hiemdall says looking at me now.
"...damn... that's right. Prostitution is illegal on Midguard... poor Clarrise... poor Casey." I sit again with my face in my hands. "Those poor kids..."
The room was silent. I couldn't help, but let out a few whimpers of grief. Friends, no, family has been taken away from us and it was all our fault. We should have kept (y/n) on Asguard when she was a baby instead of us staying on Midguard to watch over her. Asguardians don't belong on Midguard. We have only brought tragedy to those mortals. Because of our poor decisions humans died and (y/n) lost some of the closest people to her. We're all grief stricken. Then a thought hit me. "What about James what'shisface?"
"James Gallum is currently preparing for his wedding." Hiemdall says with a tint of irritation.
"What?! That bastard is still getting married after my sister went missing? Who the hell does he think he is? What if she ended up dead? Would he still be marrying some other sorry woman?" I was infuriated. He had the nerve to infatuate my (y/n) and leave her heart in the dust.
"On the contrary, that is exactly what they think." Hiemdall seemed to be holding back feelings of his own.
"They think she's dead and still found another woman so quickly to replace her?!" Now I was enraged. She could have actually died and they would have disrespected her memory without giving her a second thought. She doesn't have anyone to grieve her. That selfish, inconsiderate, dishonorable, heartless man, a sorry excuse of a man. Now I know she deserved better. I know that man would not have cared for her well being. Now the threat to her heart and health is that Loki. That deceitful, malicious, ignorant, hurtful Loki. Let him be damned if he thinks I will let him near my sweet, loving sister. He has another thing coming to him, especially now after what he did. He hurt (y/n) and now I'm so angry that I can't even think of a proper punishment to make him suffer with. If he wasn't one of the princes then he'd be dead already. I certainly will not be letting him go from my grasp unscathed. Just wait. He'll be getting what's coming to him. Then maybe he'll leave (y/n) alone.
"She's weeping again..." Hiemdall says suddenly. His frown grows and his eyes turn sad. He can't bare to see her so upset. I know he wants to go to her, but he can't leave his post, so it's up to me to go in his place. I think the time is growing near to where (y/n) needs to have a talk with Hiemdall. I know Hiemdall is just trying to give her the space and freedom she needs and not think of himself, but I know he wants the bond he instantly felt when we found her.
"(Y/n)?..." I say more as a statement than a question. He nods. "Go to her for me."
"I will. I would've went anyway." I tell him standing up. He gave a friendly smile. "I know."
"But I guess I can make a special trip for you." I nudge his arm with my elbow and laugh. He gives a chuckle of his own. "I'll be seeing you."
"I think it is I who will be seeing you, my friend." Hiemdall smirks. I laugh and head for the door. I wave farewell to him before leaving. I walk across the rainbow bridge looking at my feet step along as I go.

Hello, everyone. So I realized in earlier chapters I had accidently used a name instead of (y/n). For that I apologize. I'll try to go back through my chapters and see if I made that mistake again. Until then, I will see you in the next chapter! Toodles!