Chapter 29

(Y/n)'s POV

*knock knock*
I look to my door. I sat by the window, homesick. Longing for my family that's now gone. It's not fair. I get up and open the door. Beyla stands there with a small sympathetic smile. "Hello, dear. How are you feeling?"
"I'm fine."
"I don't see a reason to start a conversation with a lie." She tells me walking into my room. I was taken a back by her comment, but got over it quickly. I close the door and follow her into my room.
"Beyla... I'm not feeling well on second thought." I sigh.
"I won't have you isolating yourself either."
"You haven't given me the chance, now have you?"
"I thought you wanted me here..." She turns to me.
"I do, but I will not be accused of isolating when I have not even been able to do so even if I wanted to." I huff.
"Alright alright. I was only trying to help." She puts her hands up in defeat.
"Rubbish!" I hiss. "If you, any of you, want to help me then take... me... home!"
"(Y/n), you know why we can't-"
"Then don't say you're trying to help me! I want to be home! I NEED to be home! My family needs me! Clarrise needs me! Those kids need me! You know who else who needed me!?" I tell at her. "No! You don't! Because they're dead! I wasn't there to help them. If anything all of this tragedy is my fault because I exist!" My eyes start to water. "Because I was born, people died... my family died... strangers died....people left homeless and with no food or shelter... Because I was there.... and lead monsters right to them." I started sniffing sobbing. I fall to my knees my face in my hands. "I- I am a monster..." hiccup uncontrollably.
"No no no. Don't say that, dear." Beyla sits on her knees and embraces her. "You are not a monster. The only monsters are the ones who have hurt you and have taken your family away. Murderers with no mercy. Those are the real monsters."
"No no! You don't understand!" I gently push her away and stand up. I sniff wiping my tears. "I am a monster because I-..." something catches my eye outside the window. I walk to my window peering outside. "Oh my god!" I cover my mouth. George was beating Loki into the ground. "Beyla Beyla Beyla,  come here." I usher her to the window with me. She quickly comes to my side.
"Oh my- what is he doing!?"
"He's gone mad! He must have!" I say looking at my brother pummel the god.
Loki just takes it. "Wait. What is he doing?"
"He's killing him!" Beyla starts.
"Nono. What's he doing? He's doing nothing! Loki isn't fighting back or running. Why is he just lying there!?"
"What..." Beyla looks on seeing the same things.
"He's just letting George beat him." I say feeling worried for the black haired god. "No no. I can't just sit here and watch this. This is madness!" I immediately leave the window and run out the door. Beyla follows quickly protesting. "(Y/n), no! This is a man's business! Just leave those two alone before you get hurt."
"If I don't George will become a murderer!" I say quickly going down the steps, my bare feet making soft pats as I run down the corridors. Beyla follows trying to keep up with me. Before I even exit the building I could already hear the sound of punches hitting flesh and Loki's grunts and groans. I run outside halting for only a moment to look around for the two men. I see them in the distance to my right and George didn't show any signs of letting up off of the poor god. I hurry over to them.
"George! George stop it! Please!" I run over hugging my brother from behind wrapping my arms around his waist trying to at least get his attention.
He stops catching his breath and turning his head halfway towards me. He lets go of Loki leaving him in the dust.
"What are you doing here?" George asks.
"I look out the window and you're killing the poor man!" I tell him looking up at him.
"Poor man? Are you joking? This sorry excuse of a being is nothing to pity over." He glares at Loki, who took the time to scoot back a little and sit up. He starts to wipe the blood from his face and looks at us with a tired and curious look.
"That maybe true, but please, leave him alone. If he's not worth pity then he's also not worth the time and energy to even give attention to him." I begged.
"..." He was silent thinking of my words.
"Please... you've made your point... now let him be." I take George's arm pleading to him. George groaned loudly prying himself away from I and turning away from all of us. He walks a few feet away huffing and pacing. He was angry. The angriest I've seen him before. He was taking harsh breaths through his nose with clenched fists.
I reach out towards him. "George..." He slaps my hands away.
"No. Don't. I can't even deal with you right now." George snaps at me. I retriet within myself. "...sorry..."
He groans and stomps off to be by his self trying to calm down.
"He's angry I was defending him." I said to Beyla who was standing a distance away. She walks up to me as I watch George's form vanish into the castle.
"I told you this was a man's business." She tells me softly.
"You can tell me that as much as you want, Beyla, but I will always believe I did the right thing. I just wish I did it better to where George wasn't upset with me." I sigh.
"You did your best, dear." Beyla tucks hair behind my ear. "You are fearless, strong, determined, and stubborn. Very stubborn." She chuckles. I give her a soft smile. "Thanks."
"...why..." a raspy voice says behind me. I turn to see a bruised and broken Loki looking up at me from his spot on the ground. He face was swelling and dark bruises were forming. Dry blood crusted underneath his nose and from a wound on his forehead and cheek.
I grimaced by just the look of him. I didn't reply.
"You... stopped him... From continuing to... beat the living soul...out of me."
"Why would you let him do that?" I ask him.
"W-what?..."
"I know my brother and I know you well enough to know that my brother wouldn't have attacked you unless truly provoked and you would have outsmarted him or at least have ran if you wanted to."
"..."
"You did it on purpose."
"I..."
"You said something purposely to get him angry and hurt you. You wanted him to attack you."
"..."
"Don't you dare lie."
"..."
"..."
"Yes. I did." He sighs.
"Why?" I ask.
"You wouldn't understand."
"Why don't you try." I offer.
"I can't..." I says softly.
"Well you didn't even give it a-"
"You won't understand because I don't understand." He says frustrated.
"W-what? Why?" I ask surprised.
"Because I don't. I don't know why I did it. I just... I felt it was necessary..." He hangs his head.
"You felt it necessary to be mutilated?" I ask in disbelief.
"Yes."
"But... why?"
"I don't know!" He gets up now. He starts pacing with a limp.
"Well once you figure it out then you can let me now. Until then good day." I was about to leave until he grabbed my hand. I immediately took my hand back. "Excuse me, sir, but please keep your hands to yourself and respect my boundaries."
"My apologies, but please just hear me. Just for a second longer. Please." He says gently.
"I want to thank you a-"
"I didn't do it for you. I didn't want George to become a murderer." I say standing tall.
"He wasn't going to kill me. I wouldn't have allowed it."
"But you will allow him to wring your neck."
He rolled his eyes, but chuckled. "So stubborn."
I sigh done with this conversation. "Is that all?"
"No.... I wanted to apologize as well." He says looking into my eyes.
"I don't believe you." I frown harshly at him.
"You don't have to. I just wanted you to know I was deeply regretful of my actions and feel immense remorse." He sounded truly sincere. I can't even describe the look I see in his eyes. I feel more sorry than he does. I want to just hug him. I bite my lip and refrain from falling for whatever trap he was laying out. I just give him a distrusting and confused look. I didn't reply. At that point I turned and walked away with Beyla following me. I reluctantly made my way back into the castle with my head held high and my pride still intact. I don't know what Loki is playing at, but I won't fall for it.

Hello, everyone. I finally made up something interesting enough to write, so here you go. Enjoy and I'll see you in the next chapter. Toodles!