Chapter 30

I've had it with Loki and my brother. They won't stop going at each other. For 2 months straight. Loki now will not roll over and take my brother's abuse. Loki is trying to make advances towards me and George just seems to get angry by the mere sight of Loki. George will take any chance he can to make Loki's life hell. I would avoid Loki to a certain point if George would give me the chance to. Instead they're only having their own war and I'm in the cross fire.
"They're driving me mad." I say sitting on the floor of Heimdall's post. I look up at him with a frown. "They've gone completely mental."
"So I've witnessed myself." Hiemdall says with a sigh.
"What am I suppose to do?" I groan. "You know Loki has been leaving me that flower again. You know, the green one with gold on it?"
"Yes."
"It would be sitting right before my door and I would leave it there. I'd come back and it would be scorched. Then I would leave again and come back to see it completely restored. For a week, a week!, would I come back to see that flower burned and restored over and over again." I huff standing up and I start pacing. "It wasn't until I opened my door one early morning to see George in front of my door burning the petals right off the stem. Honestly! Why is he acting this way? This is not the way the George I know behaves."
"He is angry. Vengeance surges threw his veins." Hiemdall says. I walk up to him. "Vengance? Vengeance for what? He's already taken his revenge on Loki. Why must he keep going?"
"Loki isn't the only one he has has turmoil against. Loki is only his outlet for hate... and grief." Hiemdall hums straightening his shoulders.
"He's grief stricken." I say in realization.
"His vengeance is towards those who have taken your family, those who have hurt you, those who have hurt him, and those who have tarnished your dignity and respect."
"Only Loki has disrespected me... who else are you referring to?" I ask him.
"He seems to be particularly bothered by the mortal James Gallum." Hiemdall grips his sword a little bit tighter.
"James? Oh no! James!" I put my hand on my forehead worried. "We were suppose to get married! He must be worried about me. Is he hurt?" I ask Hiemdall rapidly who seemed confused himself.
"Have you not seen James yourself or at least have heard any word of him?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.
"Wha.... no... oh no... Is... is he gone as well?" I ask tears already watering.
"He is fine."
"Oh. Thank goodness." I sigh in relief.
"He is married."
"What?" I ask in a small voice.
"He is married."
"But... I was suppose to marry him... aren't they worried that I might have died?"
"No. Once you were nowhere to be found they moved on quickly. He is now wedded to another woman of noble blood."
A lump was in my throat and tears were already streaming down my face. His kiss to me must have meant nothing. I may not have clicked the way i wanted us to, but there was no doubt that feelings were there and I saw a successful future with him. The thought he had left me with a wonderful evening with a kiss and now has thrown me to the side had left me feeling worthless and unlovable. The same feelings when finding out my own parents left me to the trash. Unwanted. Unlovable. Worthless. I took a deep breath to steady my breathing. I will not cry, especially over a man who didn't think twice about my death. I wiped my face a put a hard look on my face.
"To hell with him." I say firmly. "Only fiery pits to where he's going. He can take that low life harlot with him." I head for the door. I stop before running back and giving Hiemdall a tight embrace.
"It's alright." He says placing a hand on my head. Hiemdall towers over me. I couldn't help a few more tears to slip. "...I know..."
He lets go of his sword. He takes off his helmet and bends down slightly returning the embrace.
"You're home here. Your home is here." Hiemdall tells me. "Even if you're across the galaxy. You will always have a home here on Asguard." He kissed the top of my head and patted my back. I pulled back giving him a small smile. "Thank you, Hiemdall."
"No. Thank you. For being here and making Asguard a better place." He says kindly. "You have brought so much joy to us all, even in ways you don't know."
"Well I don't know about.... I just.... you're welcome." I say softly. He nods and I head for the door again. I wave to him and he goes his head. I smile before leaving. I walk across the rainbow bridge trying to get myself remember that people here love me, even if not at home. I walk with my head held high, shoulders back, back straight, and like I had a purpose. I made it back to the castle and walk through the entrance when a table came hurling from across the room.
"AHHH!" I yell and fall backward the table missing me and smashing against the wall.
I hold my chest where my heart is taking deep breaths to calm down.
"(Y/n), are you alright?" Thor came running with a slightly amused smile on his face. "I suppose my aim was a little off on that one."
"Off? Are you joking? You nearly took my head clean off is what you did!" I lashed out at him. He only seemed more amused.
"Calm, my friend. Don't hurt yourself. You will only wear your little mortal heart out." He teased. I took a breath through my nose.
"You're going to kill someone one day playing that destructive game." I huff crossing my arms. He chuckled.
"Only on Midguard."
I just rolled my eyes and started heading for my room.
"(Y/n)! Wait!" Thor yelled my way.
"What is it now?" I ask him as he jogs up to me.
"Loki is looking for you."
"What? Why?"
"He says he has something to tell you." He says in a hushed tone.
"About what?"
"I don't know. He says he's figured it out.... I don't know what he means. I know it's been putting him on edge all morning. Ever since sunrise no doubt. I suggest you walk cautiously. I know he's caused you trouble in the past. For that I'm sorry."
I sigh. "It's not your fault... Thank you." He nods. "Come to me anytime you need help with my brother." He says heading back.
"I might just will." I tell him. I gulp before heading back to my room. Who should be waiting there other than Loki. He was there leaning against the wall by my door waiting for my return. I was quick to turn around and try to walk away, but I've been spotted. "(Y/n)"
Oh no...

Hello everyone. Another week another chapter. I hope it's going well. This story is going a little too slow for me. I think in the next chapter I'll try and move things along quicker. Until then, I'll see you in the next chapter. Toodles!