Chapter 15

We returned back to Asguard. “Finally.” Jason stretched. “This was the most stressful mission I've ever had… and I've nearly died countless times…. I'm not sure I'd be the best choice for a parent. Too difficult to have an infant to take care of.”
“I'd have to agree with you.” I said. “Your patience is too low.”
“I'd love to have a baby girl!” Elizabeth smiles wide clasping her hands together.
“Me too! Having a daughter to live out your legacy and be proud of sounds wonderful. Helping her through awkward phases, understand men, and hold her when she cries… Having a little girl to pour all your love into sounds amazing.” Patricia says and sighs. She takes her sister's hand. “Odin knows we didn't have anyone do that for us. This little girl just breaks breaks my heart.” Elizabeth rubs her sister's arm. “It's okay, Tricia.”
“Oh… I just can't let this poor little girl go now. I'd feel terrible!” Patricia whined. Heimdall didn't even have any comments. He was staring hard at the baby. “Heimdall, if you stare any harder at her then she might break.” I chuckled.
“Does it look like her bruise is fading away from her face?” he says seeming to be talking to himself than to anyone else. I look at her face and there was the proof there. The gold essence circulating through her veins was apparent, but it was much more visible and active on the bruised side of her face. I watched as the bruise slowly, but surely was getting smaller. Now the bruise wasn't extended all the way to her. It was over her eye and down her cheek. “That's brilliant! The tears are healing her wounds!” I smiled brightly. “She must be feeling so much better!”
“Yes. This is very good.” Heimdall let a smile onto his face. Anyone who saw from the outside with no context would see that Heimdall truly was attached and loved this small child. It was radiating from him. The feeling of fatherhood.
“Let's go, Everyone! The king is waiting for us!” I say to the others. I took the initiative to lead the group out onto the rainbow bridge. Despite this complicated situation, I feel amazing! We found a baby and she's getting better. This discovery should be celebrated in itself. We marched through the city of gold proudly, except for Jason who was still having a crude attitude. Everyone who passed had a gracious comment to say about the baby. There were so many ‘Oh, she's adorable!’ or ‘She's so small! How old is she?’. Of course most of these comments were coming from mothers or women who were expecting themselves. Oh, how Heimdall felt proud. So proud. Though it wasn't possible for us not to say get comments such as ‘What happened to her face?’ and ‘That's such a nasty bruise for a baby’. We tried to keep moving forward as best as we could. We made it to the castle and within the first few moments of entering we see a table launched at a pillar and Fandral, one of the princes’ close friends ducking and rolling of the way. “Hey! That was hardly fair! I wasn't ready!” he shouts. You hear laughter approaching, and there reveals his highness himself, Thor, and Volstagg, another close companion. “Now don't be a sore Loser, Fandral. We all knew you weren't going to be able to catch it and throw it back.” Volstagg laughs loudly. A booming laugh that carries far.
“Yes. Do not worry, My friend. You will get it eventually.” Thor says clapping him on the back. “Not anytime soon. It may take a few thousand years!” he and Volstagg burst into laughter. Fandral scoffed and waved dismissively. “Laugh all you want. I can hold my own, you know.”
“Yes. Yes. We know, Fandral. We were only jesting.” Volstagg says putting his fist on his hips.
“Yes. We know you are as mighty as a warrior just as mighty you are in heart!.” Thor says proudly patting Fandral’s chest where his heart is. “Excuse me, your highness.” Heimdall grabs their attention. Thor grins opening his arms in welcome. “Heimdall, my friend! You're already have returned from your mission? I assume it went well…” he notices (y/n) in his arms and looked at us puzzled. “You...have an infant?” Fandral and Volstagg came right up beside him.
“What in the Nine realms happened to the child's face?!” Fandral exclaims.
“Well… it's a long story and… Elizabeth, you tell it.” I turned to where Elizabeth was only to see her, Jason, and Patricia had all left, leaving us to face the royal family alone. “...cowards…”
“We will explain everything when we see Odin and explain the situation.  Our mission didn't happen as planned.” Heimdall says calmly. He was on a more closer and personal connection with the royal family. If anything he was more qualified to sway the King in a better decision than any of us. “Whom’s baby is this?” Thor asks. “She clearly has been through much turmoil.”
“We don't know. We have found her abandoned by garbage on Midguard.” I sighed.
“Midguard?” Volstagg questioned with a very serious tone. “You brought a mortal back to Asguard?”
“This is a special case.” Heimdall says. “The essence of the soul stone has altered her genetics.” They were silent, clearly thinking thinking of the situation themselves.
“Perhaps… this was the best course of action. I cannot imagine a better solution.” Thor says.
“Although… I cannot imagine the Midguardians possessing such cruelty to harm an infant that was just conceived… it makes you wonder what else they could be capable of…” Fandral looks pitifully at (y/n).
“Now is not the time to get paranoid, Fandral.” Volstagg says. “They clearly need to see Odin.”
“Yes. I completely agree!” Thor says, but picks up the baby from Heimdall’s arms. You could tell he was reluctant to let (y/n) go and even more worried that the arrogant, wild, and impulsive prince would may accidentally do something to harm her. To everyone's surprise, Thor was actually very gentle with her. He had the biggest grin on his face. “If you look past the large bruise on her face, then you can tell she has true beauty that shines through!”
“She is a cute one, isn't she.” Fandral says letting (y/n) sleepily grab his finger as he coos at her. “She's so vulnerable.”
Thor saw his brother walking by. “Loki!” Thor called to him waving his arm to get his attention. You could see him visibly cringe and groan. With a roll of his eyes and a sigh he made his way over to the group. “What?” He says putting emphasis on the T. “Look what Heimdall and the others have discovered on Midguard!” Thor beamed with excitement and even leaning the baby girl forward for him to see better.
“I don't care.” he sighs not even bothering to look.
“They found a baby!”
“A baby?” Loki says now curious and walks forward to look at the child. “What's wrong with its face?”
“It's not an ‘it’. It's a ‘she’” Fandral mutters clearly irritated. “Have some respect, why don’t you. The child has clearly been through a lot.”Heimdall was radiating with annoyance and anger at the dark haired man, but he held his tongue.
“Haven't we all…” Loki rolls his eyes. “Why did you even bring it here? You know it's forbidden.”
“We accidently got the souls stone essence in the baby instead of a the vile. We couldn't even locate the vile.” I say crossing my arms.
“That's an extremely foolish mistake. Do you even understand the level of idiocy you just performed?!” Loki spats. “You have not only have lost an extremely powerful tool that could be used for ultimate destruction if used in the wrong hands, but you have dragged a complete other world into this, just by interacting with that thing!”
“She is not a ‘thing’...” Heimdall states calmly, but his voice drips with venom and threat.
“I don't care. Just get it out of here before anyone finds out and causes trouble. I don't want to be a part of your foolish mistake.” and with that, Loki walked away. We all rolled her eyes. We mostly don't pay Loki a second thought. His grumbled nature was always a key trait, though sometimes his underlying mercy and heart did make an appearance, but just a little bit. “Come, Friends! My father will want to see this immediately!” Thor declared. He seemed very positive. He must believe of a positive outcome of this situation.

So, finally a chapter updated. I know. It's been awhile. It'll take time as everything does. Just know even with my stuff going on, I'm not forgetting about you all and the story. Just need to fit it in with what I have to do. Other than that, how was your day? All of you doing good? I hope so. Have a wonderful day or night and I will see you in the next chapter. Tootles.