Chapter 5

I can't believe it. I smile brightly.

"(Y/n), It's so nice to see you." I say reaching my arms out to her.

"Thor, I don't understand. What's going on? Are you dead too?" she says furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head slightly to the left.

"What? No, (y/n). I've summoned you."

"Summoned me?"

"Yes. I've come to ask you something."

"You've awoken me from the dead and disturbed my eternal rest to... ask... me something?" She gives me an irritated look.

"Forgive me, but it's important."

"What is it?"

"Loki." I say sighing.

"Loki? What about him?" she says timidly. She glances at the floor then back at me, but she looks more around me rather than meeting my eyes. I can tell she's uncomfortable with the subject of Loki.

"Well, since your death he's been... different." I hesitate, not sure how to approach the idea to her about her lover becoming an intergalactic homicidal war criminal.

"I'm quite aware of how Loki's changed." she sighs and crosses her arms.

"You are? How?"

"I'm dead, not blind. We can see people we've once known even after death. Not all the time just at points. As check ups I suppose. Hasn't anyone told you that when someone dies they're still with you or watching out for you?"

"Yes. My mother told me that once. When we thought Loki died when i destroyed the Bifrost. She also told me this when I was a child and her sister passed."

"Well, it's true to a certain point. I only see all of you from time to time. Besides, news spreads throughout the afterlife."

"News?"

"Yes. Believe it or not, dead people like to gossip about the living. That's how some of us find out things."

"Is that how you found out about, Loki?" I say and sit down in front of the platform. She sighs and sits on her knees next to me.

"Yes. I heard about his first attack on Earth, but I saw with my own eyes his attack on... New York I think it's what it's called now."

"Yes, you are correct. I don't understand the process on how you can see us, but only at certain times."

"It's complicated. Even I don't understand it fully. You will understand more when your time comes. Whenever that is. If ever."

"You have seen a lot?" I ask looking at her. She nods.

"Yes. I've seen plenty when seeing all of you once in awhile. I've seen how you've grown as a person. I've seen the companions you've made..." She looks at me with a smile. "I've also seen a lover in your life." I smile back and laugh loudly.

"Ah yes. Yes, someone has caught my heart." i say happily.

"If I'm not mistaken, I believe this someone is a mortal?" she says cheekily.

"Ha! Yes, she is." I laugh.

"Oh, Thor. How times have changed. I do believe you owe me an apology for teasing me about my mortality." she says crossing her arms. I chuckle.

"Yes. I do believe so. Please accept my apologies,(y/n). I do believe I understand how Loki felt when he was with you." she frowns.

"Yes, but that was a long time ago. Now it's harder to understand anything that he does. I can't say I'm happy for the things he's done. To be honest I'm quite disappointed."