Chapter 46

"Those little devils..." Frigga mutters as she senses the aura surrounding my brain. She stands behind me and her fingers dance at the sides of my temples as I sit in front of her. Once I had recovered I thought it best to immediately speak with the Queen and King on Loki's and I's thoughts along with our concerns as well. After talking with Frigga and Odin, we had all agreed it would be better if Frigga had took the reins on examining my mind before we tried any type of spell, especially since she was much more experienced in magic. I think Loki was just releived he didn't have to do anything that he thought might cause me harm.
"What is it?" I asked glancing up at her. I saw her face smirk, but not an arrogant smirk. It was a frustrated smirk. A smirk that was only visible because all you could do was laugh at a pitiful situation.
"It seems the dark elves have infiltrated your mind. It seems this is nothing new either... by how heavy it seems to have seeped into your consciousness I'd say this has been happening for quite awhile... too long..." Frigga says pursing her lips. "The only thing I can say is the only reason they haven't been caught for this long is because they've been covering their tracks."
"Covering their tracks?" I asked her.
"Erasing what happens in your mind so you won't remember, therefore not feeling it necessary to raise alarm to us. Leaving it to be.... nothing but a nightmare." She states firmly.
"You're saying they're not nightmares at all?" Loki speaks up from a little distance away. He was observing closely.
"Not even in the slightest." Frigga says looking at him.
"What are they then?" I asked her.
"That I'm unsure about. I cannot know without looking inside your mind and that's where the complications come in." She removes her hands from the sides of my head and delicately folds them over each other in front of her.
"The spell..." I mumbled looking down at my lap.
"Yes... the spell." Frigga also looks disappointed by this option. "Has Loki informed you of the risks?"
"No. I haven't. I was hoping this was an option we could avoid, so I've refrained from mentioning any details." Loki says crossing his arms.
"I only know that it's dangerous and that... I'm assuming If things go wrong then I may... not be the same." I say, but the tone makes it come out like more as a question.
"That is... putting it lightly, yes." Frigga nods.
"Are there any alternatives?" I asked her.
"To that, no, we can only know what they've been showing and doing to your mind by looking inside. There is no other way. The concern I have is that your mind is too weak and will not handle the spell properly. It is almost a sure sign of failure." She states bluntly. I sigh. "However, there are preventative measures that you may take to make it more difficult for the elves to infiltrate your psychy again."
"Really? How?" I ask looking up at her.
"The training that you and Heimdall have been doing to train your eyes and seeing beyond the cosmos. I believe that this training is what kept them at bay for so long, but the unfortunate case of our personal issues getting in the way has made you cease your training, am I correct?" Frigga says.
"I worry for all of you and your personal relationships. I only want you all to be happy." I say feeling almost ashamed of my big heart.
"That is kind of you, but there are larger things to worry about now." She says sternly.
"I understand." I nod.
"Resume your training. I believe it will do the dual duty of strengthening your mind also, making it much more possible to preform the mind opening spell without heavy consequences." Frigga advises, but I'm still left uncertain about that.
"You're still hesitant. I see it in your eyes." She points out.
"Yes..." I admit.
Frigga puts a hand on my shoulder. "Give it some thought. Resume your training. It'll give you time to think and buy us time to plan. Does that sound like a fair proposition?"
I let out a breath of relief knowing I don't have to decide right now. "Yes, thank you." I smile at her.
"Very well. I will inform Odin of this temporary plan. I will also monitor your progress. I believe mastering your eyes is the key to everything." Frigga heads to the door of the library. She stops for a moment before turning back to me.  "As time goes on, eventually Odin and I will present you with this choice again, only next time we will expect an answer. Please, mull this over carefully in your mind. Do not take this lightly. The decision you make will lead to not only your fate, but others as well." And with those heavy word she leaves Loki and I to our thoughts. I look down at my hands. I don't know how to process that type of information. I close my eyes and inhale deeply to calm my escalating nerves. I felt a gentle hand envelope mine. I open my eyes to see Loki kneeling in front of me. "Calm yourself. A decision does not need to be made now. You have time. Until then, I will help you."
I let go of my tight breath and smile. "Thank you, love."
He nods and stands once more.
"What would you like to do now, Darling?" Loki asks gently pulling me to my feet, but still keeping hold of my hand.
"I'm going to inform Heimdall of Frigga's suggestions and our ideas." I told him.
"Well I can assure you, Love, he more than likely is already aware."
"I know this, but I want him to hear it from me. Not only that but I'd like to hear his thoughts on the matter." I told him.
"I see..." Loki nods. "If that is what you want."
"It is." I nod firmly, eyes full of determination.
"Is... there anything you'd like from me that I may assist you with?" Loki asks.
"No. I'm perfectly fine." I say already heading towards the door.
"Oh... alright." I could hear the slight disappointment in his voice. I've come to notice that ever since I had awaken from my unconscious state that Loki has been more and more apprehensive... no... blatantly uncomfortable with my independence and lack there of attention. I am not sure if is because of guilt or helplessness... or perhaps both. These feelings are understandable, however, unnecessary. Loki has no reason to feel any toxic feelings towards himself, though I'd also say the same for others as well.
I stop just before opening the door. "Actually, Loki, I do believe my muscles are tensing up once more..." I say stretching my shoulder, mimicking a stiff shoulder. I see his eyes perk up a little. "... and I don't believe I've eaten yet. While I speak with Heimdall, if you would fetch me some food and please prepare me a bath, that would be so helpful."
"You do not wish for Beyla or perhaps one of the other servants to assist you?" He asks curiously.
"Well, I do not mind if they do it, but I figured since you asked..." I shrug nonchalantly and feigned a slight pain in my shoulder. "I just wanted a little intimacy with you is all. If you don't want to do it then-"
"No no, love. That is perfectly fine. I will have it ready for you, don't you worry." He told me rubbing my back.
"Excellent. Thank you, Loki." I told him gratefully and kissed his cheek. We exited the library. "Don't rush yourself. I don't know how long I'll be." I told him squeezing his arm affectionately.
"Take your time, Love. There's no hurry." He says kissing my temple and heading off down the hallway. I head in the opposite direction towards the exit of the palace to go speak with Heimdall.