88

———

Yoongi noticed the next morning that Taehyung was distant again.

He didn't get out of bed and really didn't talk much. Yoongi sighed. He really thought Taehyung was getting better, but he guessed there are some days that try to pull him back. Yoongi couldn't let Taehyung get dragged for good.

Yoongi walked inside the bedroom and sat down next to Taehyung. Yoongi noticed that talking to him worked. It made him think and move. He needed that.

"Taehyung, tell me your love story."

Taehyung looks over and lifts his head up, "Huh? You want me to talk about what?"

"Remember you told me you haven't told me your love story with those two. So tell me."

Taehyung sits up and faces Yoongi, "I don't know, I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm a tough guy, kid," Yoongi smiles, bumping his shoulder, "I've listened to your threesome in detail, I think I can handle how you guys fell in love."

Taehyung smiles softly, "I can't believe I did that," he whispers, making Yoongi chuckle.

"It's alright, you didn't know," Yoongi says, "hell, even I didn't know."

"You didn't?"

"No," Yoongi huffs, "I knew I had this soft spot for you and this overwhelming need to protect you, but I just assumed it was because you were just a innocent kid, you know?" Yoongi says, not looking at Taehyung because he felt awkward admitting things like this.

Taehyung tilts his head, "What made you realize?"

Yoongi licked his lips and took a deep breath, "The moment I found you that day. I was so fucking enraged that that guy was doing it to you and at first I thought it was because it reminded me of what happened to myself, but when I was holding you as you cried and begged to...die," Yoongi took in a sharp breath, "I had a realization that if you died then I would have nothing to live for."

Taehyung was in tears at the last sentence and looked away, shutting his eyes tightly. Taehyung didn't understand. What was so amazing about him that everyone caught feelings for him? He's was a broken, insecure, annoying, and a useless person. He just caused heartbreak.

Taehyung looked back over at Yoongi who looked spaced off. Taehyung wipes his eyes, "Yoongi, you can't feel that way about me."

"I'm not sorry for it," Yoongi speaks up, "I can't change it either."

"But I'm just going to hurt you."

"I'd rather it be me than you."

Taehyung just cries, shaking his head. Taehyung didn't want all of this. This pressure. Why couldn't he just have a friend? He just wanted someone to not love him in a way that he loved Jimin and Jungkook.

Yoongi sadly looked at Taehyung as he cried. Yoongi really wanted to invite over Jungkook so he could get punched again. He keeps hurting the poor kid.

"I'm sorry—"

"It was six months ago, around December," Taehyung starts through this tears, "it was after I came home to my father beating my sister."

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. Taehyung has a sister?

"I ran to my little safe place in the woods. The pond, but Jimin was there standing in some fancy suit," Taehyung says, his tears coming to a stop as he gets his breathing under control.

"He looked so handsome, but I was just to shocked to see him there to register it. A minute later Jungkook ran out of the woods pointing a gun at us," Taehyung smiles and wetly chuckles when Yoongi mumbled, "What the fuck?"

"He told us to hide because some gang was following him. After they left we came out and I remember Jimin saying something about his expensive suit," Taehyung smiles, "he's always been a little sassy."

Yoongi watched Taehyung as he talked about his boyfriends. He seemed to calm himself down, a smile breaking its way on his face.

"Jimin admitted his feelings for me behind a tree," Taehyung says, "I was so shocked because I only thought of them as friends."

Taehyung continues, "I remember talking to Jungkook about it and asking him what to do. He told me we were soulmates," Taehyung says, "I remember when Jimin kissed me for the first time. I was expecting sparks but since the movies are shit, I thought he wasn't the one."

Yoongi smiles as Taehyung chuckles.

"Jungkook later admitted his feelings after Jimin and I got together. To the both of us. So we decided a poly relationship because I guiltily caught feelings for him as well."

Taehyung then starts to tear up again, "I remember the first i love yous and the first kisses. Actually, Jungkook's and I first kiss was the day when we made love."

"Fucked."

Taehyung looked over at Yoongi with a done look, "We made love. Because it was the best feeling in the world."

"That's called an orgasm."

Taehyung slapped Yoongi's arm, "No! I felt the love. We touched, tasted, and felt each other in a way fucking can't."

Yoongi's smile dims and he nods, "That must have been nice," he whispers, "to make love."

Taehyung nods and sniffles, "It was. It really was. Only with someone you love can you feel it."

Yoongi slowly nods.

Taehyung shakes his head, "I miss them. I miss them so much."

Yoongi looks over, "Do you want to go back?"

Taehyung sighs heavily, "I'm mad at them."

Yoongi fondly smiles, "Kid, you need to go back home. To the people you love."

Taehyung looks over and nods, "Yoongi, I admire you a lot. I know this is stupid, but the reason I never left you alone is because I thought you were super cool."

Yoongi laughs and a big gummy smile lights up his face. Taehyung was in awe because he didn't think Yoongi could smile that big. He had a nice smile.

"And I thought maybe you could pass your coolness down to me," Taehyung smiles when Yoongi laughs again.

"Kid, you serious?"

Taehyung nods, "Yeah. You're the person I admire the most, and finding out that you went through what I did and still go on... I'm glad you're the person I look up to," Taehyung says.

Yoongi smiles and pulls Taehyung to his chest, his eyes tearing up in pride. A feeling he hasn't felt in a while washed over him. A feeling he missed.

A feeling of being a brother.

"I'm glad, kid," Yoongi whispers, a appreciated tear rolling down his cheek.

———

OW I HURT MY FEELS