28

———

"Mom, what do you think about the homosexuals?"

Jimin's mom looked up from her iPad and tipped her galsses down, "Excuse me?"

"Are you yay for gay, mother?"

"Jimin, are you on drugs?"

Jimin snorts and shakes his head. He walks over to the crisp white couch and stands in front of his mom who is comfortably reading emails in front of the crackling fire.

"No. Can you answer the question?"

She sighs and puts the iPad in her lap, "I don't know, Jimin. Did someone come out at school?"

Jimin shrugged, "He's not out at school. He wanted to come out to his parents first."

"Okay?"

"Mom, you're a smart woman why aren't you getting the hint?" Jimin asks.

His mothers eyes widen and she takes her glasses off, "Are you telling me something?"

"Obviously."

She pauses and takes in a deep breath.

"Well, no wonder you said no to all those girls," she mumbled under her breath, "I'm not sure how your father will take this."

Jimin shrugs, "I don't care what he thinks. I like boys. Simple. If he's weird about it then he can leave."

"Jimin," his mom warns, "What gives you the right to kick the man of the house out?"

Jimin smiles, "Because you are the woman of the house and I think that you can do whatever you want."

Jimins mother slightly smiles, "Jimin you are good boy. I'll talk to him, but don't expect him to just accept it and be, as you say, yay for gay," she said, putting her reading glasses back on.

Jimin smirks, "That's fine mother. I believe you can handle him. After all, he may be the head of the house, but you're the neck. You control which way the head turns," Jimin says as he walks out the living room.

His mom smiles at her sassy son, proud of his bravery. She chuckles at his comment as she looks down at her iPad, "I am a boss ass bitch," she mumbles before she gets back to reading.

———

"Jin, what's the full story with dad?" Jungkook asks as Jin helps him lift weights at the community gym. The place was old and it's always crawling with men who like to street fight. Jin wasn't the happiest about coming, but he's use to this kind of environment. They both are.

Jin pauses and looks down on Jungkook who started to sit up. Jin sighed and sat beside him, "What do you know?"

Jungkook wipes sweat that was on his forehead, "I know that he hurt mom. And now he is in prison."

Jin nodded, "Yeah. Yeah. He did hurt mom. Bad."

"What did he do?"

"You really want to know, JK?"

Jungkook nodded and watched his brother sigh and rub his eyes. He took in a deep breath and started, "So, as you know it was about six years ago, you were at school but I was home sick. Mom and dad were arguing, so I came out my room to listen. I could tell dad was livid, but I didn't know why. Then suddenly mom was screaming," Jin said, "Jungkook it was the worst sound I've ever heard in my life."

Jungkook got chills. He doesn't know how he would react if he heard something like that. He doesn't want to know. He nodded at Jin's words, "Then what?"