25

After visiting hours were up, Taehyung told everyone to leave and that he didn't need anyone to stay there with him. He wasn't in a good mood after Jungkook told him that his sister left again. He clearly wanted to be alone, and the three of them could take the hint.

So Jin drove Jungkook home with little to no talking. Jungkook was stressed. His mom being sick and now Taehyung getting assaulted at school. Why does the people he care about always seem to have something happen to them?

"Jungkook, don't worry yourself," Jin spoke up when they got inside. Their mom was already asleep, but the television was still blaring in the living room.

Jin walked over and shut it off.

"Are you hungry? I don't think you have ate today," Jin asks as he goes into the kitchen.

"No. I just want to go to bed," Jungkook says.

Jin looks over his shoulder, "Sure. After you eat."

So Jungkook waited for Jin to make him eggs and toast. After Jungkook devoured everything, he grumbled goodnight to Jin who was cleaning the living room before he stripped his clothes and jumped into bed, passing out from exhaustion.

———

After about two days, the doctor let Taehyung leave.

Taehyung was sitting on Jimins bed, being pampered by the boy. "Are you sure you don't want me to make you something? I could make you a whole meal!"

Taehyung chuckled at his eagerness, "Chim, you can't even cook."

Jimin's cheeks turned pink. He doesn't know why, but lately Taehyung has been calling him that and it makes him all fuzzy inside. Stupid crush.

Jimin huffed, "Well, I could try."

Taehyung just smiled at him. The doctors put some type of ointments and cream over Taehyung's wounds, making them heal faster. He had bruising and you could see the cuts and stitches, but other than that his face was fine.

Jimin sat beside Taehyung and put the covers over Taehyung just to make sure he was snuggly and warm.

"Jimin," Taehyung says, getting his attention, "Can I tell you how I feel?"

Jimin furrows his eyebrows, "About what? Your sister?"

Taehyung shakes his head.

"The bully?"

"No, about you."

Jimin's eye slightly widen and he nods, feeling nervous suddenly. He scoots closer to Taehyung, helping him sit up better. They are both sitting against the headboard when Taehyung starts to speak.

"You told me that you liked me. I was very surprised because I wasn't expecting that," Taehyung starts and Jimin just nods along, "Jimin," Taehyung takes his smaller hand, "I love you in a different way that you like me."

Taehyung feels absolutely horrible when Jimin's face falls. Jimin tries to retreat his hand but Taehyung tightens his grip. "But we are soulmates. Jimin, you are my best friend and I don't think I could live without you. I really wanted to like you back so bad because you are the best person for me," Taehyung says, watching as Jimin deflates. Jimin tried to get away, but Taehyung reaches forward to grab his shirt.

"Jimin, please don't leave!"

Jimin stops and sits still, looking away. Taehyung could hear him sniffle and Taehyung tried not to tear up because he made Jimin cry.

"Chim, please," he whispers.

Jimin turns and faces Taehyung. His eyes were filled to the brim with tears and it made Taehyung feel like an asshole.

"Kiss me."

Taehyung blinked, "Huh?"

Jimin came closer and  leaned forward, "Kiss me. Then decide if you don't feel anything."

Taehyung breath hitched, "I-I don't know. What if I don't—"

"Tae, do it for me. Please."

Taehyung has never been kissed before. He always wanted his first kiss to be with someone he loved and someone who loved him, so Taehyung nodded, giving in. Taehyung didn't mind the thought of Jimin taking his first kiss.

Jimin started to lean in more and Taehyung's heart started to beat faster. Jimin was so close he could feel his breath. Jimin's hand came up and cupped Taehyung's cheek. Jimin was looking over Taehyung's reddening face until he pulled him closer, smashing their lips together.

Taehyung would admit it felt nice. Jimin deepened the kiss, and Taehyung enjoyed the feeling. It was safe and comfortable. Like he knew he wasn't going to get hurt from the person... but there wasn't any sparks. It wasn't like the books and movies, and Taehyung knew that he didn't have feelings for him.

Taehyung hated himself. Why couldn't he love Jimin? He was the perfect guy. The perfect gay. He would never hurt Taehyung. Why couldn't he love him?

Jimin pulled back, amazed and slightly aroused, of course he ignored it, and he looked at Taehyung to see his reaction.

Taehyung was crying. Jimin widen his eyes, "Tae, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry! I just want to love you!"

Jimin deflated. Taehyung didn't like him back. After everything, Taehyung didn't have feelings for him.

Jimin hurt inside, but he couldn't leave Taehyung like this even thought he wanted to run out the room and wallow in self pity.

"It's okay," Jimin croaked.

"No! It's not! I just keep hurting you!" Taehyung exclaimed, wincing when his rib hurt from a sudden movement.

"Taehyung, please stop moving. You will hurt yourself," Jimin said, placing a hand on Taehyung's arm. He instantly relaxed under Jimin's touch.

"I'm so sorry, Chim."

Jimin sadly smiled at the boy he loved, "Don't be. I'm not mad at you. Don't be hard on yourself, okay? Now get some sleep. You need rest to stay so pretty," Jimin says, helping Taehyung lay down.

Taehyung chuckled between his tears, "So messed up. I should be comforting you but here you are, helping me when I hurt you."

Jimin gave a little smile, "I would care for you forever."

Taehyung wipes his tears and let out another broken laugh, "That's the most cheesiest thing you have ever said."

Jimin gave a genuine smile. "Get some sleep."

He turned the light off, laying beside Taehyung. His heart was heavy, but he wasn't surprised. Jimin wasn't magical. A kiss couldn't make someone fall for him.

Jimin suddenly felt warmth develop his hand that was beside Taehyung. He looked down to see the shape of another hand on his. He turned his hand upside down so his palm was facing Taehyung's and he laced his fingers through his. Taehyung returned the gesture and they feel asleep like that. Holding hands with little smiles plastered on their face.

———

WOW SO THOUGHTS??

WOW SO THOUGHTS??

Do you think Taehyung is hurting Jimin or Jimin hurting Tae?