79

———

Jungkook and Jimin took Taehyung's words serious. They stood by and watched as Yoongi helped Taehyung pack the few things he needed to go to Yoongi's.

"I love you guys, but I need to go for now," Taehyung had whispered, giving them one last long look before he left with Yoongi.

Jimin stood there and looked at the door for a while, hoping that Taehyung would come back.

"I can't believe he left us," Jimin said, to turning to Jungkook who sat on the bed Taehyung was laying in prior.

"There has to be a reason," Jungkook says, "why would he want to... hurt himself here?"

Jimin sniffles and shrugs, "Is it because we didn't protect him?"

"No," Jungkook says, "how would we have known? He knows we didn't know."

Jimin just looks at the floor and takes a deep breath, "Jungkook we can't ignore that Taehyung has suicidal thoughts."

"He doesn't."

"Jungkook!" Jimin snapped and looked up, "Did you not hear him!?"

"I did, Jimin! But I can't accept the fact that our love isn't enough to help him!"

Jimin shakes his head in disbelief and looks at Jungkook who was now standing, "It's not about that, Jungkook! He was held down and raped, us loving him isn't going to magically erase that!"

Jungkook looked down shamefully and put his face in his hands, "What could we have done to make him stay?" He asks, his voice muffled.

Jimin walks over and takes Jungkook's hands away from his face. He looks into his hurt filled eyes and leaned his forehead against his, "Sometimes, there's nothing we can do."

Jungkook intertwines his fingers with Jimin's and leans down to kiss his lips. Jimin kisses back, and then gives him a small smile, "He just needs time, okay?"

Jungkook nods, "Just don't leave me as well."

Jimin shakes his head and caresses Jungkook's cheek, "I won't."

———

Taehyung knew that Yoongi was poor. He wasn't expecting a house, maybe a trailer house like Jungkook's, but Taehyung was shocked to see that Yoongi lived in a one bedroom RV.

 He wasn't expecting a house, maybe a trailer house like Jungkook's, but Taehyung was shocked to see that Yoongi lived in a one bedroom RV

(This is how I imagine the inside)

"W-where is your parents?" Taehyung asks as Yoongi helps him sit on the couch close to the kitchen.

"Father left remember? And my mom usually comes home once a month just see if I'm still alive," Yoongi tells him, going to the kitchen that is part of the small living room and getting a glass of water for Taehyung.

"You live alone?" Taehyung asks, looking up at Yoongi, concerned.

Yoongi sits down next to Taehyung and gives him a small smile, "Yes. But don't worry, I've been supporting myself for years, I have room to support you too."

Taehyung sighs out his nose, "You shouldn't have too, though."

Yoongi pushes the glass into Taehyung's hands, "Drink up. Your voice is a little hoarse."

Yoongi gets up and goes back to the kitchen to start lunch. Taehyung watches him, laying his head against the window. He curls his knees up to his chest and sighs tiredly.

He never knew Yoongi pretty much lived alone. He hates that he just invited himself over, but he couldn't take Jimin and Jungkook hovering over him. He needed them to get rest so they could think properly and stop bothering Taehyung.

Yoongi finally gets the food done and puts down a bowl of ramen noddles in front of Taehyung.

"Ramen?" Taehyung asks, trying to give Yoongi his best smile, but his lip still hurt, so he couldn't move his mouth much.

Yoongi sat down in front of him, "Yep. My favorite," Yoongi replies with a bit of sarcasm.

Taehyung picks up his utensil and slowly starts to eat. He gets a few bites in before he stops and sits back.

Yoongi looks up when he notices, "You need to eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Taehyung, you look unhealthy," Yoongi says, looking over how Taehyung's usual cheeks have become more sunk in.

"I don't care," Taehyung breathes, looking out the window.

Yoongi puts down his fork and takes a deep breath, "Why? Why don't you care?"

Taehyung looks over and shrugs, "Because I just don't."

Yoongi frowns. This wasn't a good sign.

"Please eat a little more. For me," Yoongi says.

Taehyung looks down at the bowl and slowly picks his fork back up, swirling a few noodles before putting them into his mouth.

Yoongi finishes his bowl, and Taehyung eats a little more, but doesn't finish. Yoongi takes his half of eaten noddles and looks at them sadly. Yoongi eventually eats Taehyung's abandoned noodles because he didn't have the money to waste food.

"Do you want to take a shower?" Yoongi asks, leaning against the little counter.

Taehyung looks up and nods.

Yoongi grabs Taehyung's hand a helps him stand, his hand sneaking around Taehyung's waist, but Taehyung jumps out of his grip and gives Yoongi a fearful look.

Yoongi realizes his mistake and puts his hands up, "I'm sorry, I forgot."

Taehyung nods and slowly reaches and takes Yoongi's hand, but keeps his body a good distance away.

Yoongi figures out pretty fast that Taehyung only trust him with his hands. Yoongi respects it.

He leads him to the very small bathroom and gives him a clean towel, "If you need help, just yell, okay?"

Taehyung nods and Yoongi leaves the room.

Taehyung shuts the door and locks it, not wanting to risk Yoongi seeing him naked.

Taehyung gets undressed and he looks down at his bruised body. He had bruises on his inner thighs and hips, and anyone with eyes could tell they were fingerprints.

Taehyung felt gross and used. He hated his own body because people have assaulted it in many ways.

Taehyung blinks his eyes as they start to water and he steps into the shower that he turned on before stripping. He shakily washes himself and doesn't even notice that he was crying.

Taehyung thinks back to last Sunday when he happily showered with his boyfriends. Everything was so fun and cheerful. Taehyung had had no clue what would happen to him the next day.

Yoongi was fixing his bed so it was comfortable for Taehyung when he could hear Taehyung's cries through the door and running water. Yoongi frowned, hating to know that Taehyung, the sweetly annoying kid, was in so much pain.

Yoongi's jaw clenches and he angrily tugs at his hair as he sits on the edge of the bed. He promised Taehyung that nothing bad would ever happen to him again, but he failed. So now he's going to promise something to himself.

Find the one that got away.

———

Yoongi smh

So thoughts about this chapter?

(Btw I tripped out for a sec because I forgot that "had had" is grammatically correct)