'Off' Day

For the song, you can play it whenever you want but I mean, ideally, it would be with the lyrics but your choice! Hope you enjoy this chapter!———————————

(Y/N)- Your Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"Sweetie, you won't be going to school today Alright?" I scrunched up my face before slowly opening my eyes. My mom was sitting on my bed, next to me. "Why not mom.?" "Your brothers told your father and I people, Dante, and his girlfriend, have been giving you issues. So we decided you can take this Friday off, your father and I will have a talk with the Principal about changing their class schedules."

I sat up and looked at her shocked. "My brothers told you that.?" "Are they wrong sweetie?" "Well, I guess not. What time are you and dad leaving?" "After the boys go to school, I'll make breakfast for us three and then we'll head out."

"Alright, thanks, mom." She kissed my forehead before getting up and leaving my room. I got up and stretched. I have some nice brothers.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. It's only the first week of school, what happened between Dante and me? We were best friends at the start of the week. Wasn't he just kissing a girl, like usual, and I overreacted? I finished doing my morning routine in the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom and to my closet.

I picked out an outfit for later today. I've decided I'm not going to stay on the swim team. I'm not focused on it, but that doesn't mean I should stop working out.

——————
If you don't like the outfit you can change it ^^
——————

I got out of my room and headed downstairs. "Good morning mom, good morning dad. Did the boys already leave?" "They left a few minutes ago." My dad looked up from the newspaper. "Don't worry pumpkin, we'll get everything sorted out." I gave him a smile and a small nod. He went back to reading.

I helped my mom put out the plates and make coffee. "Are you going out sweetie?" "Just the gym, I've decided I'm not doing swimming anymore." My parents looked at each other then back at me.

"If it's because of what's been happening with this Nicole girl and Ivy, that shouldn't stop you from being on the swim team." I gave them a small smile. "It's not that, I'm going to take an off-year. I'm just not feeling it this year." My mom smiled at me.

"Okay, sweetie that's fine. Now let's all sit and enjoy our breakfast!" We sat down while dad closed the newspaper and put it to the side. Mom made a classic American breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and some hash browns if we wanted any. It's going to be a long work out today, I mentally sweatdropped.

After breakfast, they headed out as mom had told me. I was home alone for at least an hour. Probably less since dad is impatient. I was deciding if I should take the car to the gym, a bike or worse, jog all the way over there. It was six miles jogging there.

I decided to take a car, I was going to be way too tired to ride a bike back home or walk back. I went upstairs and grabbed my Pink duffel bag, inside was a pair of clothes, extra shoes, my water jug which I have to fill, and some granola bars.

I went back downstairs and filled my water jug with cold water, I'm sure when I'm done it'll be a bit warmer. I grabbed the keys to the car and headed out to the gym.

In the car, I turned on the radio and I heard a song I hadn't heard in a very long time. Breakeven by The Script.

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayin' to a god that I don't believe in
'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even

Her best days will be some of my worst
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first
While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even, even, no

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you,
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK

I'm falling to pieces, yeah
They say bad things happen for a reason
But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding
'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving
And when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven even, no

What am I gonna to do when the best part of me was always you,
And what am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

(One still in love while the other ones leaving)
I'm falling to pieces
('Cause when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven)

Oh you got his heart and my heart and none of the pain
You took your suitcase, I took the blame
Now I'm try'na make sense of what little remains ooh
'Cause you left me with no love and no love to my name

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in
'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break

No, it don't break
No, it don't breakeven no
What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you and
What am I suppose to say when I'm all choked up and you're OK

(Oh glad your okay now)
I'm falling to pieces yeah
(One still in love while the other ones leaving)
I'm falling to pieces yeah

('Cause when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven)
Oh it don't breakeven no
Oh, it don't breakeven no.

I had made it to the gym, a bit of tears were down my cheeks. I grabbed my phone and went to my photos. I had an album for Dante and I. I clicked on it and looked through the pictures.

There was one when we went to Disneyland with our families, we had on matching Mickey and Minnie ears. Another I was trying to take a selfie in front of the Disney Castle but he had photobombed me a few steps back.

I kept swiping and I found my favorite picture of him and I. We were in front of an elephant enclosure at the zoo. There was a mother elephant with her baby in the back. I was taking a selfie and Dante was kissing my cheek. We were both smiling.

I locked my phone and turned the car off. I grabbed my duffle bag and got out and walked towards the gym.

Maybe I loved him, maybe I still do, but he sure as hell doesn't love me.

—————————————
I will be drawing the pictures I described above in some spare time! I might also make them digital. So if you're interested in those be patient for that, I'll make a chapter just for them!

Have a Good Morning/ Afternoon/ Night.