eighteen

LIAM

"he's just going to show up here, you know." niall reminds liam.

"i know." liam sighs. the hardest part about being mad at his boyfriend was that zayn was a persistent little shit. he could never get away from him even if he tried.

"and we can't just run off to my apartment like we did last time because someone had to sell it." niall says. niall's apartment used to be the perfect getaway. liam remembers when he told zayn they should stop seeing each other, him and niall locked themselves in niall's apartment for weeks.

"oh shut it." liam rolls his eyes. "moving in with me was the best thing that's happened to you."

"didn't say it wasn't." niall shrugs. "so what are you going to do?"

"i mean– if he shows up here, i just won't an-"

"no, not that!" niall cuts him off. "i'm talking about dylan? zayn's lying? the fact that zayn claims they're just friends but they're all up on each other every chance they get?"

liam sighs again and runs his hands down his face. he was so tired of it. and slowly, he was losing his patience with dylan. they barely talk anymore and liam wants to keep it that way. he never was the one to get physical, but dylan made him want to.

"i'm not going to break up with him, if that's what you're hinting at." liam says, knowing that's exactly what niall wants.

"so what are you going to do?"

"beat dylan's ass and call it a day?" liam jokes. kind of.

"can you really?" niall asks excitedly. "i can help."

"that's called jumping and no."

"we don't have to jump dylan. i can just beat zayn's ass." niall says, bouncing his knee up and down at the thought. "i don't like him."

"i know you don't." liam snorts. niall has never liked zayn. you would never know by the way he acts when zayn is around though.

niall's phone dings, signifying a notification, and he grabs his phone and looks at the screen. "well i'm going to harry's." niall decides and stands up from the couch. "you can come if you want."

"yeah right." liam rolls his eyes. this was probably just apart of niall's plan to get him and harry back together.

"seriously though," niall says, "you need somewhere to hide and there's no doubt that zayn is gonna come here tonight."

liam can't believe he's even considering this right now. it'd be crazy, right? going over to his ex's house sounds insane.

this time, it's liam's phone that dings.

zayn:
can we talk? i miss you.

"let's go."

------------------------------------------------------

liam takes a deep breath as niall knocks on the door. there's no doubt that this was going to be awkward. every time harry attempted to talk to liam, liam would always blow him off. he even made out with zayn in front of him. and now he just shows up at his house?