four

my dumbass named the third chapter "four"

"knock knock!" zayn yells as he walks into perrie's apartment.

"who is that? is that the pizza guy?" leigh asks from the living room.

"now why would the pizza guy just walk in? dumbass." jesy says. zayn shakes his head at them as he finally comes into view.

"oh! it's me boyfriend." perrie skips over to zayn and wraps her arms around his neck before pecking him of the lips. "hey babe."

"hey." he grins.

"we're just finishing up our song. it shouldn't be long." zayn looks over to the other girls and sees that they're yelling over each other. yup. it's gonna be a while.

"perrie!" jade calls her over. "don't you agree that the bridge should have different lyrics than everything else?"

"yeah." perrie says slowly.

"HA!" jade yells and punches jesy on the arm. jesy retaliates by smacking the notepad against jade's head.

"now, if would've listened, you would know that i said to keep the lyrics but change the ending."

"change it to what?"

"i don't know. leigh, sing it for me."

leigh grabs the notepad from jesy's hand. "your words don't mean a thing, i'm not listening..."

they go silent for a minute, all of them trying to figure out the next line. soon perrie gasps and claps her hands. "they're just like water off my back!"

"didn't know back and listening rhymes." jesy says sarcastically. "write down wings instead of back." jesy tells leigh.

"guys..."

"what?" they say simultaneously.

"guys, guys, guys!" leigh gets louder.

"what!?"

"we just finished our first song!" before zayn knows it, all four girls are screaming at the top of their lungs. they're jumping, they're hugging, they're doing everything that could be a nuisance to their neighbors.

that is until jade accidentally knocks over the vase. the glass scatters all over the ground and jade says and quiet "shit."

"i just bought that!" leigh yells.

"i'll buy you another one!"

"i don't want another one, i want that one!" leigh growls, running towards jade before tackling her on the couch.

jesy rolls her eyes and says, "call me when the pizza comes," and walks to her room.

perrie grabs zayn's hand and leads them to her room. zayn flops down on her bed like usual and perrie follows. "so... i was thinking i would tell the girls about me moving in with you tonight. hence the pizza." they both start laughing. "and first thing tomorrow, i'm going to call liam so we can sign the lease for the house."

"no!" zayn yells and shoots up in the bed. perrie's looking at him weirdly now and zayn inwardly curses. he didn't mean to react like that. at least, that obviously.

"why not?"

"because..." zayn trails off to think of an excuse. "because i want to talk it over with parents! you know, to make sure they approve."

"you haven't done that yet?"

"nope."

"we'll get to it mister! i love that house and i'll be damned if someone else gets it."

"i'll talk to them tomorrow. i pr-"

"pizza's here!" perrie shoots off the bed and runs out her door, immediately colliding with jesy in the hallway. they push and shove each other to get passed and zayn just lays back down on the bed. it's going to be a long night.

----------

"this neighborhood is fairly new, finished about three months ago. community wise, the majority of the ages range from 21-30. you and your girlfriend would fit perfectly here. my friend, demi, lives here and she loves everything about it." liam points to the backyard. "and once again, there is a in ground swimming pool. i'm sure your girlfriend would love that. if i'm being honest, i can actually seeing you live here. both of you."

"yeah?"

"yeah." liam clasps his hands. "that is all i have to show you. are there any questions?" zayn simply shakes his head. "you're getting quiet on me. what are you thinking?"

zayn shrugs. "i don't know."

"you don't like the house?"

"i do! but, you're gonna hate me when i say this, but-"

"you want to go for the house your girlfriend picked the first time?" liam guesses.

"i want to go for the house my girlfriend picked the first time." zayn repeats. "i'm sorry." he adds.

"thirteen houses. i've showed you thirteen houses and now you're telling me you want to go with the second house i showed you?"

"i'm sorry."

"zayn malik i am so mad at you!"

zayn feels like a kicked puppy right now. "i'm so sorry. i didn't mean-"

"i'm kidding zayn." liam chuckles. "this happens all the time. no worries."

zayn let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "thank god."

"didn't mean to scare you." zayn narrows his eyes and glares at him. "oh come on. i was kidding."  liam leans against the counter so that he's looking up at zayn. "zaaaaaaayn." liam juts out his  bottom lip and gives zayn his best puppy dog eyes. liam looks fucking adorable and he's so close that zayn can't help but smile. "ah! there we go!" liam says stands up, much to zayn's dismay.

"don't do it again."

"cross my heart and hope to die." liam smiles. "now back to business. like i said, it's not a problem. i just need you and your girlfriend to stop by my office to fill out the paperwork." zayn nods and liam smiles again. "perfect! the address is on my card as well. how's saturday for you?"

"saturday's fine. yeah."

"great! i can squeeze you in around one. is that okay?" zayn nods. "perfect. well, i think we're done here. i'll see you on saturday." liam holds up his arms and motions zayn to go first. they walk out the house and zayn waits on the porch while liam locks the door.

zayn doesn't want to stop seeing liam. he'll see him on saturday, sure, but he wants this to be a constant thing. "hey." zayn calls out.

liam turns around. "yes?"

zayn pauses. "thanks."

"you're welcome." liam smiles. "i'll see you soon."

zayn watches liam get into his car and gives him a wave as he drives off. "you're an idiot zayn. a fucking idiot."