thirty five

i'm taking way too long to update again.

slap me.

"i swear he was going to kiss me lou."

"you keep on saying this."

"because he was going to!"

zayn and louis were currently sitting in zayn's living room. zayn was trying to convince his best friend that liam was going to kiss him last night.

louis didn't believe him. he didn't believe that liam would potentially ruin a perfectly good relationship after a night at the movies.

"keep dreaming." louis rolls his eyes and pulls out his phone. "speaking of the devil." he shows zayn his phone screen, displaying a notification that liam posted a photo on instagram.

"why do you have my man's notifications on?"

"to keep myself updated on my favorite couple of course." louis smirks. zayn flips him off and takes louis' phone out out of his hand.

liam had posted a photo of him pouting with the caption: when your boyfriend is at his mom's for the night so alcohol becomes your best friend 🍺

liam had tagged harry in the photo too. like always, zayn checks the comments. there were only few because liam had just posted it. harry's comment does stick out to zayn.

harrystyles: don't drink too much baby. i'll be back tomorrow.

"they're so cute!" louis squeals and snatches his phone back. he examines the photo once again and coos as he reads the comments. he double taps the photo before saying, "i know you don't like them, but you have to admit they're adorable."

"they're not that cute." zayn mutters. him and liam would be cuter.

"keep dreaming." his best friend repeats.

zayn pats his pockets in search of his phone. he wants to see the photo on his phone. his phone wasn't in his pockets so he scooches over to see if it fell beside him. when it isn't there, zayn sighs and stands up from the couch. "have you seen my phone?" he asks louis.

"no." louis shakes his head. zayn groans and tells louis to stand up. once he does, zayn removes the couch cushions and searches the couch. no luck. "i'm calling it."

they wait in silence as louis calls zayn's phone. they hear the ring, but it's very faint. zayn checks the couch again, bending down to check under the couch.

the ringing stops and zayn sits up on his knees. "call it again."

louis does again but only after a short second he says, "it went straight to voicemail."

"how the-" and then it hits him. zayn huffs and stands up. zayn marches to his room and slams the door open. perrie was sitting on their bed, zayn's phone in hand. "give me my fucking phone."

"no." perrie says. she brings the hand that was holding his phone behind her back.

"that wasn't a yes or no question sweetheart." zayn says, sarcasm slipping through his lips. louis snorts from behind him. zayn didn't know he had followed him. "i'm telling you. give me back my phone."