three

zayn has been trying to get dylan to look at him for the past thirty minutes. dylan hasn't said anything since zayn had broke the news to him. he's running all over his room, throwing things into a black duffel bag. there's no folding whatsoever but zayn didn't know what he expected. it's dylan.

zayn sighs. "dylan-"

"nope. don't want to hear it." dylan shakes his head and zips his duffel bag closed.

"you seriously can't be mad at me right now."

"i seriously can." dylan rolls his eyes. "you know, liam and i were friends way before you started talking to him. i'll just take him back."

"yeah right." zayn snorts. "good luck with that." everyone knows that liam and zayn couldn't stay away from each other.

dylan huffs and slams his hand down on the duffel bag. "zayn, i swear to god. if you stop talking to me because of him, i'll do some serious fucked up things to you." dylan threatens. "and your family loves me. good luck getting past that shit."

"i'm not going to stop talking to you." zayn chuckles. dylan is being over dramatic. he's so much like louis it almost scares zayn. "liam's just not comfortable with our relationship, so we need to tone it down a bit."

dylan narrows his eyes at his best friend. "fine." he crosses his arms and walks into his bathroom. zayn sighs and follows him, putting his hand on the door to prevent him from shutting it.

zayn wraps his arms around dylan's waist and hooks his chin over his shoulder. "i love you." zayn sing-songs.

"get the fuck off of me." dylan says, mocking zayn's tone, and pulls his arms off of him. zayn watches dylan grab his toothbrush and deodorant, which makes zayn realizes that he doesn't know what dylan's packing for.

"where are you going?" zayn asks. dylan walks past him and back to his duffel bag that was sitting on the bed. he puts his toothbrush and deodorant in the pockets before swinging the bag over his shoulder.

"i'm having a sleepover with tyler, daniel, and colton because unlike you, i have friends." dylan says before exiting his room and soon his own house, leaving zayn by himself.

------------------------------------------------------

you know where i'll be, is what zayn repeats in his head as he lets himself into liam's house. it was liam's day off, so zayn heads straight to the living room.

the couch was covered with massive blankets and pillows. liam was nowhere to be seen, but the outlined lump implied that liam was in fact under the blankets.

zayn quietly drops his bag and climbs under the blankets. liam jumps at the sudden intruder, but relaxes when zayn wraps his arms around him. zayn positions himself behind liam so they're spooning and presses a kiss to the side of liam's head.

"you know, you should really lock your door. what if, one day, it isn't me who's walking in here?" zayn says softly.

"please." liam scoffs. "if i live through it, that person would never see a day outside of prison. try me."

zayn chuckles and kisses the back of liam's neck. "how long have you been under here?"

"only about ten minutes." he feels liam shrug. "it's starting to get hot though. especially now that you're here."

zayn pulls the blankets off of them and folds them just over their torso. liam turns around so that he's facing zayn. "hey gorgeous." zayn says.