thirty eight

i didn't proofread this.

zayn was bored out of his mind. he was currently alone at his house. louis was at his parents house, so he couldn't go over there. there was no point in being alone at someone else's house when he could be alone at his.

going back to his parent's house was also an option, but he didn't want to. zayn felt some sort of embarrassment after that night. he didn't mean to have a breakdown but he did. zayn hasn't cried in front of his mom in forever.

his mom comforted him just like any mom would. she told him that it'd be okay in the long run because love always wins. trisha wasn't necessarily mad that zayn had cheated on perrie, she simply thought there were other routes to take. she wasn't too keen about zayn not wanting to live in a house that her and her husband spent so much money on.

zayn was going to break up with perrie. he doesn't know when and he doesn't know how but he's going to do it. there's no point in holding on to a relationship when there's nothing there. he's pretty sure perrie felt the same way.

there's a knock at the door, breaking zayn from his thoughts. it was getting late at night and the only person who would be at his house is perrie. zayn groans and reluctantly gets out of bed. it's been a nice few days without perrie but reality has finally caught up to him.

zayn trudges down the stairs. he really doesn't want to deal with perrie tonight. it's been so peaceful without her. so to say zayn is not only shocked but relieved that liam is standing at his front door is an understatement.

"liam? what are you doing here?" zayn asks. last time zayn remembers, liam was mad at him.

"you leave my house without telling me, i come to yours without telling you." liam says and past zayn and into the house.

"and what if perrie's here?"

"is she?" liam asks and turns around.

"no."

"good." liam says with a small smile. zayn slowly closes his front door and locks it. zayn looks liam up and down. liam is dressed up like he just came from work. he's wearing a white button up shirt that's tucked in his black pants. it's simple, but liam makes it look so good.

"did you just get off of work?"

"no." liam says. "today's actually my day off."

"and you're actually being productive?" zayn says dramatically and places a hand over his chest. "wait. if you're off today, why are you dressed like that?"

"i ran out of laundry." liam admits with a chuckle. "i was just heading to the store to do some shopping and thought i'd stop by."

"do you want to go upstairs?" zayn offers. "or did you want to leave..."

"we can go upstairs. i have nothing to do anyway." zayn gestures for liam to follow him. they walk up the stairs, liam's shoes echoing loudly against the wood. "it's so.... vacant in here."

"yeah. i haven't been here in a while." zayn says as enter his room. liam must find this funny because he starts to laugh.

"what? this is your home." liam chuckles. they sit down on the edge of the bed.

"is it though?"

liam stops laughing. "what do you mean?"