twenty

the next morning, perrie was in a much better mood but zayn felt icky. he felt like a hypocrite telling liam he didn't like him sleeping with someone else but went and did the same.

perrie went back to the girls' apartment for which zayn assumed to practice, meanwhile zayn was in the shower scrubbing himself down. he knew it wouldn't change the event that occurred last night but it made him feel a little better. just a little.

later on that day, zayn finds himself at louis' house. he told him what happened last night, which louis replied with ew and you're a dumbass.

"good luck breaking up with her now. you know that shit traps people." louis snorts.

"i know but i couldn't think of anything else to make her feel better." zayn says helplessly.

"you could've easily woke her up to breakfast in bed then gave her money to get her nails done or shit like that." zayn wants to slap himself in his face because that sounded so easy. "you're a dumbass."

"you've been saying that since i got here."

"have to get the memo in your head somehow." louis shrugs. "it's time for me to make a move on liam."

"no it's not. stop saying that." zayn pouts.

"news flash sweetheart: he's not going to wait on you forever. and it seems like you're not going to break up with perrie anytime soon. it's time for me to come in. i've waited long enough."

"i will break up with perrie." zayn says. "i just don't know when or how..."

"how are you going to tell liam you don't like him sleeping with other people, then he confesses his feelings for you, and then you go home and have sex with perrie?" louis scoffs. "you're a dumbass. that's all i can say."

"i get it lou. i fucked up. there's nothing i can change so i all i need to do is figure out how to move forward."

"there is no moving forward. you're done. i'll send you pictures from liam and i's honeymoon."

zayn glares at his best friend. "i'm going to liam's." he says as he stands up.

"oooh! me too!" louis scrambles off his bed.

"ha ha. that's hilarious louis." zayn says sarcastically. "there's no way in hell that i'm taking you to liam's."

"good luck getting me out of the car." louis smirks. he snatches zayn's keys from his hands and dashes out of the room.

looks like louis is coming with him.

---------------------------------------------

zayn usually walks right in, but since louis is with him and there's another car in the driveway, zayn opts for knocking.

liam opens the door and his eyes widen. "zayn! hey."

"hey li. hope you don't mind but i brought louis with me." louis wiggles his fingers suggestively.

"of course not." liam chuckles at louis. "come on in." liam steps back and holds the door open for the two. but before zayn can walk any farther, liam stops. "but zayn." liam says softly. "harry is here."

zayn studies liam's face to find any hint of him joking. he looked pretty serious and even a little worried. "okay." is all zayn says.

"okay." liam repeats. "we're in the living room."

zayn follows liam down the hallway but louis pulls him back. "what did he say?" louis whispers.

"harry's here." zayn grits.