thirty four

I'M BAAAAAAACK. did you miss me? did you even know i was gone?

although zayn and liam were friends again, it didn't seem like it. they rarely talked and if they did, it'd be a short and awkward conversation.

every time they would hangout, harry would be there and liam wouldn't even acknowledge zayn. it's like liam was purposely rubbing their relationship in zayn's face.

it hurt zayn. liam and zayn went from having a close "relationship" to no relationship at all. liam seemed too happy with harry and zayn was envious. zayn spent several months of his time devoted to liam only for harry to come in and sweep him off his feet in a matter of a month.

today, zayn has brought liam lunch. liam didn't know he was doing that, zayn figuring it'd be a nice empty gesture. plus, it gave him an excuse to see liam.

as zayn was sitting in his car, he sees the one and only harry fucking styles walking in the building. great. the last thing he wanted was to have their relationship shoved in his face... again. harry didn't have a bag of food in his hand so he's glad that he didn't just waste his money. zayn waits a little while before going in. it'd be a little awkward to just walk in right after harry.

zayn gets out the car with a sigh. he's second guessing this. he hasn't seen liam in weeks. maybe he should've told liam that he was coming. zayn shakes his doubts away and walks into the office building.

"wow! party in liam's office." sophia jokes. zayn knows that she's referring to harry who just walked in. zayn forces himself to laugh as he walks past her desk.

zayn takes a deep breath before he enters liam's office. he doesn't knock but he wishes he had. liam was sitting on his desk while harry was standing in front of him. liam had his legs wrapped around harry's waist as they kissed feverishly. their hands roam each other and zayn nearly groans. already?

zayn clears his throat to make his presence known. they pull away from their kiss and look at the doorway in shock, having feared they've been caught. once they see that it's zayn, they both relax and liam hops off the desk.

"oh hey zayn!" liam smiles at him. his lips are red and shiny from kissing and zayn has to look away. "what are you doing here?"

"i brought you lunch." zayn says awkwardly and holds up the bag. liam gasps and runs over to zayn.

"are you serious?" liam asks excitedly. "thank you! i was planning on skipping lunch today." he admits. "and this buffoon didn't even bring me anything." liam says and gestures to harry. zayn feels a little pride in that. finally he's done something right that harry hasn't. liam takes the bag of food and walks back over to his desk. harry was already seated in liam's chair so liam just sits on his lap. "how much do i owe you?" liam asks and reaches for his drawer.

"now out of all the times you've asked me this, you should know my answer by now."

"one of these days i'm going to pay you back whether you like it or not." liam grumbles. zayn chuckles, making liam pout in frustration.

as zayn's admiring his secret lover, he makes eye contact with harry as he wraps his arms around liam's waist and buries his face into his neck. "hi harry. how are you?" this is progress. a few months ago, zayn would've ignored harry until he went away.

"i'm lovely. and yourself?" harry flashes him a smile. zayn doesn't understand how he can be so happy all of the time.

"i'm good. thanks." zayn huns awkwardly. "if i knew you were here, i would've brought you something." that's a lie. harry could starve for all he cared.