thirty

y'all saying you're going to fight me... DO IT. i've seen enough seasons of bad girls club. run. tf. up. 👏

to say zayn was bitter for the following weeks was an understatement. it didn't help that liam was all over instagram, flaunting his new relationship. he never did that with zayn. not that he could, it'd be too risky.

the internet was eating it up. apparently two gorgeous boyfriends was a big deal. liam's follower count sky rocketed, as well as harry's but zayn won't admit that he's been checking harry's profile as well.

louis was no help either. he loved liam and harry together. zayn often found him screenshotting their pictures. niall was the same. he always commented on their photos and harry posted a lot of photos with him too.

it seemed like zayn was the only one who didn't approve of this relationship.

perrie had bothered him nonstop. zayn hasn't been in the mood for a couple of weeks now and often found himself snapping at his girlfriend. she did nothing wrong. deep down he knows that but he can't help but feel like this is her fault.

perrie and zayn were at a strip mall. perrie's band had an upcoming photoshoot and perrie had to find an outfit. shopping was the last thing zayn wanted to be doing right now. especially with perrie. they've been to every store on this strip mall and perrie have yet to find anything. it's been going on for hours now and zayn feels like he might go insane.

"i give up!" perrie groans. "there's nothing here." zayn gives her a blank stare and looks around the store.

"there's plenty here."

"nothing that i like." she says and examines the clothes rack one more time. "oh well," she shrugs, "we'll try again tomorrow."

"there is no we. you can go by yourself." there's no way in hell that he'll be doing this again tomorrow. perrie rolls her eyes and they start to walk out of the store.

"what's up with the attitude lately?" perrie asks and grabs zayn's hand. "you've been a debbie downer for a while." zayn tried not to make his sour mood for the past weeks known, but looks like he did a horrible job.

"i think i'm homesick." zayn lies. it was believable though, and he didn't want perrie asking him any more questions.

"oh." she says. "well that's understandable. they don't live that far. why don't you stay over there for the weekend? it'll make you feel better." she suggests. zayn just shrugs in response.

it was getting late and most of the stores at the strip mall were closing. zayn and perrie were the only ones on the sidewalk and the parking lot was empty except for one car.

zayn knew who that car belonged to. it was liam's. he knows because of the personalized license plate. liam's car was parked right in front of a starbucks. as they walk past, zayn looks through the window.

liam was leaning over the counter. he was kissing the barista, who zayn recognized as harry.

this makes zayn halt in his step. "i want something to drink." he says and gestures to the coffee place.

perrie takes a look at the hours plastered on the door and takes out her phone. "they literally close in two minutes."

"i literally don't give a fuck." zayn says and walks into the starbucks.

the bell rings, signaling the door opened and both harry and liam look at him. liam's eyes widen and he visibly tenses. he quickly looks away and focuses his gaze on the counter.

harry, on the other hand, smiles. "hi! welcome to starbucks. do you know what i can get for you tonight?" zayn doesn't understand how someone could be so happy when a costumer comes in two minutes, now one minute, before closing.

"a grande iced coffee." zayn says and takes out his wallet.

"sweetened or unsweetened?" harry asks.

zayn huffs. he doesn't know where the sudden irritation came from. harry did nothing but do his job. but zayn doesn't like harry because liam likes harry.

"sweetened." zayn says tightly and hands harry his money. harry smiles at him and takes it before opening up the cash register. zayn's eyes flicker over to liam and he can see that liam's uncomfortable.

harry hands zayn his change. he grabs a cup and a sharpie and asks, "and what's your name?" despite zayn being the only and most likely the last costumer of the night.

zayn smirks. "why don't you tell him liam? you know it." harry furrows his eyebrows and looks over at his boyfriend.

liam stands up straight and glares at zayn. it's a slight narrow of the eyes, but it's still visible to zayn. "zayn. z-a-y-n." liam spells.

"zayn?" harry says after he writes the name on the cup. "i remember you! how are you?"

"fine." is zayn's reply.

"that's great." harry's smile never falters despite zayn's attitude. "i'll have that right out for you." harry walks away from the counter and proceeds to make liam's drink. there's a heavy tension in the room, but only zayn and liam seem to notice. while zayn's drink brews, harry walks back to the counter. he grabs a straw, drums it on the counter, and boops liam's nose with it causing liam to giggle. zayn clenches his jaw at the sight.

"wait." perrie says from behind him. zayn had forgot she was here. "are you the same liam who showed us our house?"

liam turns around and smiles. "it sure is." he says. "it's very nice to see you again." now that zayn thinks of it, liam has never showed any bitterness towards perrie. not once has he talked bad about her. if anything, he's done nothing but compliment her. "how's the house?"

"it's amazing! thank you." perrie says. "the pool is absolutely fantastic." she gushes.

"i bet it is." liam says and glances over at zayn.

harry comes back with zayn's iced coffee and hands it to zayn. "and there you are! have a night nice you too." zayn doesn't say anything and takes the drink.

"thanks. both of you as well." perrie says for him. she nudges zayn in the side with her elbow.

"hey baby." harry says to liam. "once they leave, can you grab a chair and turn off the open sign?" he asks.

"of course." liam says. harry thanks him and leans over the counter and pecks liam's lips. the sound of their lips make zayn wince in both anger and disgust.

before zayn walks out the store, he throws away his untouched drink in the trash can. he hates coffee.

they walk out of the store and zayn turns around just in time to see liam grab a chair to turn off the open sign. they make eye contact and liam glares at him and locks the door.

"well that was rude." perrie says.

zayn doesn't care though. he's bitter and he won't deny it. liam moved on from him in less than a month and is now parading around with his perfect boyfriend.

this won't be the last time zayn will see liam. he'll talk to him eventually. and he hopes harry isn't around otherwise all hell will break loose.