eight

"where do you think you're going?"

busted.

zayn stops in his step and turns to the couch. perrie is sitting there with her arms crossed as she glares at him. "i'm sleeping over at louis' house." zayn says and lifts the strap of his backpack higher on his shoulder.

"again?" she says annoyingly.

"what do you mean again? i haven't slept over at louis' in forever." here's the thing: every time zayn goes to hangout with liam, he tells perrie he's going to louis'. it's more believable and he doesn't want her to know about his friendship with liam.

"okay but you're never here! we finally get to move in together and i never even see you." zayn can admit that over the past few months he has dedicated his time to liam. does he feel bad? just a little bit. but there's no way that he's canceling this sleepover with liam. this will be zayn's first time sleeping over at liam's house and he's excited and nervous at the same time.

"i'm sorry." zayn walks over to perrie and kisses her on the cheek. "but louis is going through a rough time right now and he needs me."

perrie deep breathes and uncrosses her arms. "fine." she sighs. "i'll guess i'll just sleepover at the girls house."

"yay! stay safe. love you." zayn says quickly and he's out the door.

the ride to liam's house, zayn played different scenarios of what might happen in his head. they differed from having a pillow fight in the basement to having sweet sex on the couch. zayn preferred the latter but he knew that wasn't going to happen.

zayn knocks on liam's door and bounces on his heels as he waits. when liam opens the door, the first thing he said was, "i really need to get you a key."

"you trust me that much?" zayn asks and closes the door behind him.

"maybe. but it's safer than just keeping the door unlocked!" zayn silently agrees and follows liam downstairs to the basement. "have you already eaten?"

"yep." zayn nods.

"good. so have i. if you would've said no, i would've said tough shit."

"i'm glad to know you care about my wellbeing." zayn says sarcastically.

"oh shut up. you know i would've made you something." liam says, taking a seat on the floor. zayn doesn't know why, the couch is two feet away. he doesn't question liam and just sits down next to him. liam sighs. "what do you want to do? it's only nine and i got to bed at eleven."

"you have a bedtime?" zayn raises his eyebrow.

"if i go to bed after eleven, i won't be as happy in the morning." liam explainsz "you should try it. you're always so grouchy." he teases.

"not when i'm with you." zayn blurts out.

"glad to know that my presence makes you happy." liam smiles. zayn loves his smile. he could watch liam smile all day. "how's perrie doing?"

zayn doesn't want to talk about perrie. "she's okay."

"yeah? is she settling into the house alright?"

"no talking about houses unless you're at work."

"but i just wanted to-"

"don't want to hear it."

"i literally just-"

"no liam."

liam huffs. "fine." he furrows his eyebrows and sticks his bottom lip out.

"put that away." zayn smiles and uses his pointer finger to push liam's bottom lip in. "you're so cute."

"i know." liam is back to normal now. "so what do you want to do?"

"i don't know." zayn shrugs.

"zayn!" liam whines and falls on his back.

"what?" he chuckles.

"i'm bored."

"we can just talk."

"talk?"

"i like talking."

"i have nothing to talk about." liam quickly shoots up off the floor. "actually, yes i do!" liam laughs a little before clearing his throat. "so i had an office party two nights ago. remember?" zayn nods. "anyway, dylan got drunk. like really drunk. which is stupid because i don't understand why someone would get drunk at an office party. like you do stupid things when you're drunk and all your coworkers and mangers are there. anyway, i took his keys because he wasn't capable of driving home. so i brought him home with me and i take him upstairs to my room and you know what he did!?" liam doesn't wait for zayn to answer because he continues talking. "he kissed me. he freaking kissed me and said 'don't tell liam but i think he's sexy as fuck.'" liam burst out laughing and falls onto his back again.

zayn, on the other hand, has to fake his laugh. what he was told was not funny. the thought of liam and dylan kissing makes his blood boil.

liam takes a while to calm down, but when he does he wipes his and lets out a 'phew.' "well that was my workout for the day." only thirty minutes have passed since zayn has arrived and liam's bored out his mind. "change of plans. we're gonna change in our pajamas, lay in my bed, and watch tv until we fall asleep. how does that sound?"

"sounds perfect." this is when zayn starts to get nervous. soon he'll be sleeping in the same bed as liam. he's been thinking about this for months now but now that it's actually happening, he doesn't know how to act. zayn follows liam back upstairs and then up the stairs to liam's room. liam's bedroom is massive. there's so much space in there, zayn's whole family could move in. liam also has a king size bed as well.

"you can change in my bathroom." liam says and points to the open door. "let me know if you need anything." zayn nods and grabs his bag as he walks to the bathroom.

liam's bathroom is also huge. zayn doesn't understand why one man needs such a big bathroom. liam doesn't even have that much stored in there! zayn strips from his clothes and pulls his pajamas out of his bag. it was nothing special, just a t-shirt and sweats. he puts on his clothes and pulls out his toothbrush. he brushes his teeth using liam's toothpaste.

zayn gives himself a small pep talk before exiting the bathroom. liam is already situated in his bed. he's sitting up against the headboard as he looks through the channels on the tv.

zayn wipes his palms on his sweats before climbing into the bed. he keeps his distance though, he doesn't want to freak liam out by getting too close. "anything particular you'd like to watch?"

"family guy."

"dude. family guy is my shit!" liam laughs. he goes to his recorded episodes and sees a list of different family guy episodes. liam clicks the first one and puts down the remote.

they get through only three episodes before it's time for liam to go to bed. "aww is it liam's bedtime?" zayn teases when he sees liam scoot down in the bed and pull the covers up.

"shut up." he mumbles. "okay. i'm going to admit it. i'm a big ass baby so i need you to cuddle me." liam says. "no homo though." he adds.

"liam i like guys too, you know."

"well in that case, get your ass over here and cuddle me!" zayn scoots down so he's laying on his back and liam rests his head on zayn's chest.

"your heart is pounding." liam whispers after a while.

"you make me crazy." zayn admits.

"i know." is the last thing liam whispers before he falls asleep.