forty seven

ZIGI IS OVER PARTY FUCK YEAH

THIS UPDATE IS MY GIFT TO YOU

there's a knock on the door and zayn looks to dylan. "can you get it please?" dylan whines.

"you know it's your jaw that's broken, not your legs, right?" dylan's jaw wasn't actually broken, but according to dylan it sure felt like it.

"zayn please!"

zayn huffs and stands up from the couch. he doesn't know why he's the one answering the door- this isn't his house. he walks to the front door and looks out the peephole. "shit." zayn curses. "dylan!" he whisper-shouts. "get your ass out here!"

dylan comes stumbling in while holding an ice pack to his jaw. "what?"

"liam's here!"

it's been about a week since the office party. since then, dylan has been giving liam the cold shoulder despite liam's attempts to make amends. apparently liam punching dylan wasn't as hot as dylan thought it was when he was drunk.

it was nearly healed. the dark purple and blue color had converted to a nice yellow. zayn thinks dylan's jaw doesn't hurt anymore and dylan's just being dramatic.

"then answer the door goddamnit!"

"do you really think that's a good idea?" dylan tries to run away but zayn runs after him and wraps his arms around dylan's waist, swinging him around. dylan drops the ice pack and pushes zayn's arms off of him.

there's a second knock on the door and they freeze. "i don't want to answer it." dylan says.

"so you're just gonna let him stand out there?"

"let's answer it together." dylan dumbly suggests.

"that might be the stupidest thing i've- let go of me!" zayn tries to stand his ground, pulling against dylan but unfortunately dylan is stronger. dylan swings open the door, pulling zayn to his side.

"hey." liam says softly. his eyes flicker over to zayn. "can i come in?" dylan remains silent and opens the door wider for liam to come in. zayn steps out of the way. he feels bad for giving liam the cold shoulder. technically, liam didn't do anything to him. this is all dylan.

it's awkward, really. nobody is talking and they're just standing there. "was there something you needed?" dylan asked, his voice lacing with an attitude. zayn so badly wants to tell him to stop, but he opts on staying quiet.

"i wanted to apologize." liam starts off slowly. "i'm so sorry for punching you. it was totally out of character and i hope you know that is not who i am. i don't know what came over me."

"jealously." dylan says.

"what?"

"jealousy is what came over you." dylan answers for him. "you saw zayn and i kissing and you didn't like it so you punched me."

liam squirms and averts his eyes, as if he was ready to deny it. he doesn't though. "yeah, you're right, i didn't like it. but that doesn't mean i had to do what i did, and i'm sorry." he looks down at his feet. "and if you guys are together, i guess i'll just have to learn to be okay with it."

"really?" dylan asks, looking at zayn. zayn doesn't believe a single word coming out of liam's mouth. zayn had said he'd learn to be okay with liam and harry and look where they are now. "good." dylan says when liam nods. "because zayn and i are dating and we started sleeping together when you guys were still 'seeing each other.'" he uses air quotes.

"w-what?" liam's voice cracks as he frantically looks at zayn. zayn rolls his eyes, deciding it's time to speak up.

"shut up." zayn says and hits dylan on the chest. "he's lying." he tells liam.