forty nine

you guys made me cry. thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. i know she's in a better place and is probably modeling her new angel wings as we speak. i love y'all 💜

her funeral is this coming monday, so im going to wrap this story up so i can take a little break (a week at the most) to spend time with my family and get started with the sequel!

one year later

it's been a weird year for zayn. he loves liam, he still does, and he hates himself for sending him away. it was for the best though. their relationship was toxic. there never was a constant moment and it messed with zayn's head. they couldn't be together without one of them cheating and it just wasn't right.

harry and liam had broken up. they made it public to social media with a brief post. liam had said that the decision was mutual and that he would always love harry, but it was best if they parted ways. the internet was heartbroken. their favorite power couple had broken up and they didn't know what to do.

it took zayn's all not to make amends with liam after hearing the news. he new deep down that he needed to stay away from him. them together wasn't healthy.

dylan and zayn have also become close friends. zayn would have never thought that he'd grown to love that fucker, just like he loves louis. it was... weird. although dylan was still friends with liam, he knew not to talk about him around zayn. it was like a forbidden rule that they never vocally agreed on.

"zayn, wake up."

zayn groans and shoves the arm that was shaking him awake. he then turns his body so he's laying on his stomach. "fuck off." he mumbles.

"it's almost nine thirty."

that certainly wakes zayn up. "what?"

"yup." dylan chuckles. "our thirty minute nap turned into a four hour nap."

dylan and zayn were practically napping buddies. he thought he slept a lot but dylan gave him a run for his money.

"louis is going to kill us." zayn says as he sits up in his bed. they were supposed to be there at six but they wanted to take a short nap before going.

"i just got off the phone with him." dylan says. "he said if we weren't there by ten, he cut off our you know what's and feed them to rocky."

zayn rolls his eyes and gets out of the bed. he stumbles his way to the light switch, praying that he doesn't fall. it's dark as hell in his room. he switches the light on and winces. "why does it feel later than it is?" zayn asks and yawns.

"because we practically slept the afternoon away." dylan says as he slips on his shoes. "can i burrow a jacket?"

"there's no more to borrow. you haven't returned any of the ones that i lent you." zayn points out but goes to his dresser and pulls out a sweatshirt. he used to have so many. dylan had "borrowed" a majority of them and has yet to give them back. he was the boyfriend that zayn never wanted.

zayn tosses it to dylan and grabs his keys off the dresser. he really doesn't care how he looks, it's just louis. "you ready to go?" zayn asks him. dylan nods and stands up from the bed, following him out of the room and down the stairs.