four

zayn couldn't be more at ease. he loves lazy days. he loves staying in bed and never leaving; except when he has to use the bathroom. not to mention, on this particular lazy day, he loves being tangled up with liam under the sheets. he loves feeling the muscled man on top of him.

"do you work today?" zayn asks. it's a stupid question, really. it's nearing eleven and if liam had to work, he'd be gone by now.

"maybe." liam says. "i'm just waiting for them to call. if they do, i'll have to run into the office real quick so i can officially sell them this apartment."

"what kind of apartment is it?"

"niall's."

"wait- what?" zayn had thought that niall was living with his parents.

"he's never there zayn. like, i can't even remember the last time he's stepped foot into that apartment. probably a little over a year." liam shrugs. "that's such a waste of money though."

"so you sold it..."

"yep. i packed all his shit up, which wasn't a lot because most of it is already here, and i put the apartment on the market a few weeks ago. i showed it to some couple and i'm just waiting for them to schedule an appointment."

"you don't think niall is going to be mad?" zayn asks. he can't imagine coming home from being away for a while, only to find out that his home is sold.

"i don't think so. we've been talking about him moving in with me for a while now. i'm going to surprise him with the lease when he comes back." liam says excitedly. zayn just chuckles in disbelief, trying to process that liam sold his best friend's apartment as a surprise.

"when is he coming back?"

"next weekend. i'm so damn happy. i miss him so fucking much it's crazy." liam admits. "it's been lonely around here. before you came, it was just me for about year."

"well i'm here now." zayn assures and presses a kiss to the top of liam's head. and i'm not going anywhere either, he adds in his head.

"good." liam says softly. he repositions himself on zayn's chest so that he's a little higher before kissing zayn on the cheek.

liam's phone starts to ring making liam squeal and shoot out the bed. he picks up his phone that his job provided for him and holds it up to his ear.

"hi! this is liam payne." zayn snickers at the sudden professionalism and liam flicks him off. "i'm glad to hear that. what time is good for you? perfect! i'll see you then. alright, bye bye."

"what time are they coming?" zayn asks and sits up from the bed.

"noon."

"babe." zayn whines. "that's in a hour!"

"you can stay here." liam offers with a chuckle.

"no! being in this house without you is the most boring shit ever." zayn says and reluctantly gets out of the bed. he watches liam walk into his closet, searching through the material to find appropriate clothes for work. "do i have to dress up too?"

"you don't have to." liam says as he walks out with a blue button up shirt and kaki pants. "but you can't dress down either."

"liam." zayn whines again and liam laughs.

"come on, zayn. just wear the jeans you wore last night and i'll give you a flannel to wear."

"fine." zayn groans. liam brings a flannel out of his closet and tosses it to zayn.

"your jeans are still sitting by the hot tub, so you need to go down and get them. i'm gonna hop in the shower real quick and no you can't join. we're on a time crunch." with that, liam quickly runs into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

zayn walks down to the basement and out the doors to retrieve his parents. having brought his flannel down with him, he stays in the basement and goes into the bathroom down there. he puts on the clothes that liam had lent him and rummages through the cabinet for a spare toothbrush. once he finds one, he uses the tube of toothpaste to brush his teeth.

he walks back upstairs and into liam's room, where he walks into his closet to borrow a pair of shoes. he opts on liam's sperry's and slips them on.

liam walks out of the bathroom fully dressed as he rolls his sleeves up. "why are you so goddamn sexy?" zayn asks and licks his lips.

liam shrugs. "genetics." zayn refrains himself from pouncing on him as liam puts on his work shoes. "you ready?" liam asks. zayn nods and watches liam grab his keys before following him out the room.

------------------------------------------------------

"how long do you think this is going to take?" zayn asks. he really doesn't want to stay long. he wants to go back to liam's house.

"shouldn't be more than forty five minutes." liam says, smiling at sophia as they walk past her desk.

"i'm going to say hi to dylan real quick." zayn says. it totally slipped his mind that dylan and liam worked together.

liam pinches his lips together and stares straight ahead. "okay." he says and walks into his office.

zayn knocks on dylan's door twice before opening. "hey baby." zayn says teasingly.

dylan looks up from his computer and gasps. "zayn!" he yells. he stands up from his chair before running to zayn, jumping up and wrapping his legs around zayn's waist. "thank you for saving me from my misery."

"bad day?" zayn guesses.

"oh my god, yes." dylan groans. "i had this one client who-" he stops mid-sentence and narrows his eyes. "wait. i'm mad at you." he says and gets down from zayn. he walks back behind his desk and sits down in his chair.

"seriously?" zayn chuckles. "how are you going to greet me like that and then decide you're mad at me two seconds later?"

dylan simply shrugs and looks back at his computer. "any reason why you're here?"

"liam had a client." zayn explains.

"ah." dylan says. "and to think you were here to visit your best friend."

"i am here to visit you." zayn says and walks to dylan's desk and sits on the edge. "baby-"

"stop calling me that." dylan snaps.

"do you want to come over tonight?" zayn tries again. he knows dylan isn't really mad at him, but just being overdramatic.

"nope. doniya and i are going out tonight." dylan says.

"would you stop hanging out with my siblings?"

"nope." dylan repeats again. "she's good company, unlike you. i should date her out of spite."

"you're gay, dylan."

"i don't care!" dylan huffs. zayn reaches over and ruffle dylan's hair. dylan slaps his hand away. "you need to leave. i have a client soon."

"text me." zayn orders and gets off of the desk.

"i'll do whatever the fuck i want."

"i love you." zayn sing-songs before walking out the office. it's only been about ten minutes since liam and zayn had arrived, meaning liam was nowhere near done. he sends liam a quick text telling him that he'd be waiting in the car.

zayn gets situated in the passengers seat and rests his feat on the dashboard. he leans his seat back and pulls out his phone.

to doniya:

soooo.... where are we going out tonight?

this chapter was pointless but i missed updating so here. my spring break is over and i'm pissed. i hate school 😤