forty eight

hey guys. my aunt passed away this morning. i'm absolutely heartbroken. it doesn't feel real and i'm trying my best not to think about it.

but someone requested a double update so here you go 💜

"alright headcount! dad, doniya, waliyah, safaa- where's zayn?"

"zayn said he wasn't coming." doniya tells their mom.

"why? zayn!" trisha yells. zayn groans into his pillow. he doesn't want to leave the comfort of his own bed.

"yeah?" zayn yells back. no answer. "yeah!?" he yells louder. when he hears no answer again, he thrashes in his bed before getting out of it. with a pout, he stumbles down the stairs.

"why aren't you going?" trisha asks. rocky runs to zayn's feet and zayn bends down to pick him up.

"i don't want to." zayn shrugs.

"do you want us to bring you home something?" zayn nods. trisha grabs her car keys off the table. "just snack on something while we're gone. are you sure you don't want to go?"

"yes mom." zayn says, annoyance lacing his voice. he puts rocky back on the floor and walks out of the room. the dog is hot on his tail as zayn walks up the stairs and into his room.

zayn loves his room. he has this thick black curtain that blocks out any light. he also invested in silk sheets, which louis gave him hell for because apparently this was the gayest thing he's ever done. at least he's sleeping good.

rocky settles on zayn's pillow as zayn lays next to him. he's not necessarily tired, but he doesn't want to stay awake. it's nice and dark in his room, he's comfortable, so he doesn't try to stop himself from falling asleep.

------------------------------------------------------

zayn walks up to rocky barking. "rocky." zayn groans. "shut up." he lifts up his pillow and covers his head with it. there's a knock at the door causing rocky's barking to increase. "they have a fucking key. use it."

the knocking continues as well as rocky's barking so zayn kicks his blankets off of him, unwillingly leaving his bed as he said every swear word in the book.

"i'm coming! fuck." zayn yells as the doorbell starts to ring. he trudges to the door and opens it with heavy force. "use the goddamn key next time-" he sighs and stomps his foot. "liam, what are you doing here?"

"i need to talk to you." liam says.

zayn rolls his eyes. "well i don't want to talk to you. so if you'd kindly leave that'd be great." he goes to shut the door but liam stops it with his foot.

"zayn, stop it." liam sighs. he pushes the door open and walks into the house. zayn's irritated. it's only been a few days since the incident happened, but zayn can't help but feel mad at liam, not harry. "we need to talk."

"there's nothing to talk about liam. you made your choice clear and i'm done fighting." zayn shrugs. "there's no point anymore. this has been going on for nearly a year. clearly we're not meant to be together." it feels wrong to say, but zayn is so tired of this back and forth shit. one day he has liam, and the other he doesn't.

"you really think that?" liam asks. "you think we're not meant to be together?"

"all this time, all this fighting and we've never become a couple. doesn't that tell you something?"

"it tells me that all relationships have obstacles, and the both of us are strong enough to get through them together."

"oh liam, shut the fuck up." zayn scoffs.