"So, she told you everything about it."

"Not everything, just the part where you want your birthday to be special for him."

I turned bright red, and I covered my face. "Oh my god, why Lily?"

Wayne barked a laugh. "Don't be ashamed, Effie. I understand if you have feelings for this boy. You wanted to make it special for him now that you are eighteen."

"But I can't." I frowned. "He only approached me because I look like his dead girlfriend from the past."

"And you don't like it."

"I don't like it, but I felt pitied and mad that he needed a replacement. He seagulled me out of all the girls from school, even Heather, because I look like his first love."

"First love, huh?" Wayne rubbed his chin with some hair sticking out, looking rusty and unshaven. "Did he explain why you attract him?"

"No."

"How about why he likes you?"

"Not really?" He just said I have a beautiful voice. "He never told me he likes me, but he's trying to court me."

"I may be gay and married to another gay man, but I'm manly. And the word of advice, if he doesn't have the same corporate feelings as you, then he isn't the right one."

"What should I do?" I asked.

"Find someone worthy for you. Someone who respects you." he implies. That is how I met Nicky. He was broken just like you, and I saved him. First, he was skeptical about me because, you know, how I look and what happened to him made him unsure, but I proved to him that no matter what, I will always be by his side."

"When my sister's past boyfriends dump her, my mom would say find a man who respects you like they respect their mother."

"That's very true. If not, then move on. There are other fishes in the sea, and there is only one that can be rare to find."

"Do you fish, Uncle Wayne?"

"Sometimes, with some of my buddies, but I haven't gone recently because of work," he patted my shoulder. "Your strong, kiddo. And the importance is never to doubt yourself. Head up high and always put on a smile. No one will like a sad face. You're beautiful inside and out."

I smiled. "Thanks, Uncle Wayne."

"Anytime, oh would you look at the time? It's almost three. And you missy needs your beauty sleep."

"I will," I replied as he indicated from the dark circles under my eyebags.

Then I watched Wayne walk towards the garage door and heard the engine of his truck start. I went back to the pool house and thought about what Wayne said with a smile on my face.

The following day Nicky made lunch, and I sat there with my phone, reading anything that could distract me about last night.

"Oh, look who's finally awake," Nicky tightened his long kimono night robe, swayed his side, and planted a fist on his hip.

I looked over my shoulder, saw how messy Lily was, and laughed at her that the soda I had kept in my cheeks almost slipped out from my nose.

"Young lady, I know you can take care of yourself, but your Dad and I had told you not to drink underage. Do you realize how many brain cells you killed in your beautiful mind?"

"Sorry," she said with a low and husky tone as if they were dried. Lily sat next to me as her dad handed her a plate. She hissed when the plate hit the table. "Geez, do it softly."