"Actually, yeah."

I groaned, covering my face again and plopping right back on the bed.

"When Heather went to Hawaii this summer, her car broke down, and she had to bring it to a mechanic. That's where she met Logan." He paused. "So, they hit it off from there."

"Clark."

"Yeah?"

"Please, shut the fuck up." Rising again and glared at him. "I don't want to hear that asshole's name again coming right out your mouth. You got that?"

Clark immediately closed his lips, pretending to zip them and lock them. "I won't say a word about him. Don't want to get on your bad side as you did to Paris."

"Good," I said to him. "Because you and I just became friends, and I don't want to hurt you."

"For a tiny person, you sure are aggressive. Me likey," he chuckled.

"Well, I got it from my mom's side, so sue me."

A ring from Clark's pocket made a sound as he dug to look at his phone. "It's almost midnight. Got to get home." He rose from the chair but stopped before leaving to look at me with concerns. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. When I'm ready to go home, then I'll go."

"Text me if you need someone to talk to if Lily isn't available."

"I will, Thanks, Clark."

Clark said goodbye with a smile and left the pool house.

I sat on the edge of the bed, looking. I glanced at the glass door for a minute before grabbing my phone from my bag. When the screen lit up, I saw no messages from Logan after that confrontation.

"I guess he does pity me," I mumbled, throwing my phone on the dresser like it was unimportant, closing my lights, and going to bed.

After a few minutes, I tossed and turned without knowing how to sleep through all this depression and stress. It's frustrating.

I looked at the alarm clock next to me; it was two in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I saw a glow from outside, and the pool had the lights on. Put on my fluffy slippers and grabbed a sweater with the hood over my head as I placed my long hair to the side.

I went outside feeling the freezing night and sat on the chairs, watching the still water. I hugged myself to keep myself warm when the back door of the house opened, and I saw Wayne walking out, putting on his leather jacket. He stopped and looked at me as I gave him a lazy wave.

"Hi, Uncle Wayne."

"Effie, dear, why are you still up?"

"Can't sleep," I told him. "You?"

"I have some unfinished project back at work, so I'm leaving early." He sniffed, placing his hands on his hips. "You okay?"

"Yes," I lied and stayed quiet. I shook my head. "No, I'm not."

Wayne grabbed a chair sitting next to me. "I know it's hard celebrating your birthday the same day as your parent's death, but you can't keep coming up like this." I looked at him. "Your parents wouldn't want you to suffer on your special day, which was hours ago."

"It's not that," I sighed, looking back at the pool water. "I can overcome my parent's death, but it's not that I'm upset about."

"Is it about that Logan boy?"

I snapped my head at him when he flashed a perfect smile. "I'm sorry, darling, but that daughter of mine couldn't keep her mouth shut. Just like her Daddy."