28. Found the culprit???

"Rudra" I pat his cheeks. But he wasn't seemed to gain his senses very soon.

It is me.

Ms. Detective in doctor's attire!

Yes I have to change my look to meet Rudra. But see how shamelessly he's sleeping!

Well I know this is the effect of medicines cause of which he's having trouble in fighting with his sleep.

"Rudra" my voice was a whisper cause of course I did not wanted the ward boy, appointed as his watchman, to get inside and shoot me.

It was really difficult to get inside. But again, I'm a detective and this is my job. Though I have rifle in my socks. And other tug in my waist.

"Ma'am you can't go inside" the ward boy has stopped me a few minutes before.

Big glasses covering upto half of my face, a big fat fake mole on my right cheek, fake big teeth. And my long straight hair were left open. Covering my identity.

"I'm a doctor you stupid. I know it's the special case and Mrs. Khurana has invited me"

That "Mrs. Khurana" thing was a risky point I know. But once the ward boy allowed me, my doubts on that lady got stronger.

As I entered inside, Rudra was tied like an animal and was sleeping with his million dollar puppy face.

I took the key from ward boy and asked him to be outside for security reasons.

From last 5 minutes I'm trying to make him open his eyes.

"Rudra.... Get up" I whispered patting his cheeks. He has turned weak. His lips were dry and he has few slight marks of being slapped and physically tortured.

I sprinkled some amount of water on his face.

Not much, but it affected a bit.

It seemed that his dry lips craved for water. And with the another pat, "Wa-te-r" he finally demands.

"Yes Rudra have it" I placed the glass of water near his lips but he has drifted back to sleep. "Rudra....." I shook him to wake up.

"mmhhhmmm" he murmurs.

Really I pity him right now.

Okay anyways I should tell you why am I here! Actually everything mysterious in this case always ends up with a name Rudra so, I decided this time to directly discuss about everything.

Finally he finished the glass of water.

"Rudra...... How's you now?" I asked.

Though he was panting but he smiled weakly.

"I'm here to help you...... Help me to help you"

"............." he murmurs something.

"Say Rudra" I bent over his face.

He sleeps and wakes up again, trying to recognize what was happening.

This was my time to fall awe for him. His glittery, drunk eyes were unable to fix on me.

He was opening and closing his eyes as because of the effect of medicines. I don't think he even have figured out that I'm actually standing before him.

He closed his eyes.

"Rudra no...... Just get up" I shook him harder and he again opens his eyes.

Phew.

"Help me to help you...." I requested cupping his cheeks which were stubbled now.

And this time, before he could fall unconscious, I placed my lips on his dry ones.