16. He's cute and weird!!

"Are you seriously ready for the party?" He gawked spraying perfume on himself. I shot him a glare and he glared my reflection in mirror.

"Of course I am!" said I composing my black long dress.

"You look pretty"

Wait.

Was it a compliment!!

"Seriously?" I asked with a bit hot cheeks of mine.

"No" and there he laughs aloud.

"I hate you" I fume.

"I hate you more" He smirks.

"Shut up. You can't comment on my clothes" I fumed.

Damn he's looking so hot in the black jeans, shirt and blue formal jacket. He looks mesmerizing. His hair wasn't gelled though but was composed sexily on his forehead. While his body looked perfect, just perfect.

But I didn't complimented him, I mean of course, why would I!

He was searching something when he stopped, finding his glasses near my table. And thinking something, he ignores his specs.

"I will drive" said I grabbing the keys.

"Go to hell.... I'll drive" He fumes and snatches the key.

*
In the car,

The drive remained silent until my repaired phone buzzes by a received text. It was Mr. Khurana.

"Everything is fine right?" He texted.

"Yes. Don't worry" I replied back.

I don't know what made Rudra so excited about the party, I mean he had literally blackmailed me for having the permission of Mr. Khurana for attending this so called party.

"Are you thinking something?" He asked which pulled me out of my chain of thoughts.

"Nope..." I pasted a lip peck smile.

And with this, we reached at the told address.

*
"Hey darling" Riya greeted with a warm hug. She's drunk!

"Hi Rudra" before she falls, Rudra holds her.

"Happy Birthday Riya" I wished with a bouquet which was of his choice.

"This is lovely, thanks Trisha" she smiled accepting it.

*
Frankly, I never find such parties interesting in any way. It was just Rudra's childish stubbornness which brought us here.

My phone buzzes and it was Vikram on the call.

"Ms. Detective. Can you please tell me what are you doing there at the party?"

"...... I'm here on Rudra's insistence"

"You have been asked to be underground for at least a week! Abeer has kidnapped Harsh, did you forgot?" He scolded.

"I know.... But trust me, everything is under my control"

"Few constables are there in casuals.... Take care of Rudra, don't forget that Abeer wants him to be killed by you, take care. And yes I'll be there next morning"

The call hungs up.

"Rudra...." I called and he wasn't seen anywhere.

After searching a while, I found him in the backyard of Riya's house.

A girl was there, with him. She roams her fingers on his cheek and then kissed his chin. He slapped her hands but she kept trying to kiss him.

"Rudra...." before anything else could have he done, I interrupted.