27. Trapped?

The room was filled with few persons standing, forming a circle, as if struggling with something in between them.

I proceeded slowly inside and what I saw, snatched the floor beneath my feet.

They all were surrounding

Rudra!

"What's going on here?" I shouted.

Everyone looked at me except Rudra and a doctor.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" cried Rudra and kicked one of the ward man who was trying to get control on his body.

"Is anyone going to tell me anything?" I yelled rushing towards Rudra.

He was shouting and screaming and everyone else around him were controlling him.

"He's a bloody drug addict Ma'am..... Better you stay away!!" said one of the nurse.

Drug Addict!

Shock

was

an

understatement.

I replayed the way from hospital building to this one.....

And yes.....

It was

THE REHABILITATION CENTRE

I, then, realized Rudra was wearing hospital clothes.

"Uuugggggggghhhhhhhhh" his voice was puffy and he looked much tired now.

"Rudra...." I ran towards him, cupping his face.

"......... I want..... That...... Bread....... Please....... " he begged.

I remember that it's not the first time he's asking for the bread!

"What bread?" I asked wiping his tears and sweat.

*clink*

At this sound I saw one of the ward had tied his legs with the bed.

He was panicking and continuously was trying get rid of those handcuffs.

"These situations trigger him...... Please don't tie him at least...."  I begged.

Rudra was breathing heavily.

"This is the procedure of treatment Ma'am" informed the doctor.

"But he's not a drug addict...... Trust me" I defended.

"Ma'am please let us do our job. Be aside patient is falling weak after watching you" said the doctor.

"Are you sure he's a drug addict?"

"Hundred and fifty per cent ma'am"

"Who has admitted him here?"

"His mother"

The another shock!

Did he really used to take drugs?

Why? When? How?

With so many questions, I left the room.

*

I called Vikram.

"Inspector, there's a news"

"What news?"

"Rudra is a drug addict..... And is admitted in rehabilitation. And that too by his mother!"

"Well..... Honestly, I'm not shocked"

"Why?"

"Cause do you remember once you have found his specs in the bar? And the other time when he has gone somewhere, he used to talk about bread while not in senses?"