forty-five

tw: mentions of rape
—————

"Katya is so lovely," Trixie's mum said happily as she sat next to her daughter on the couch. It was around two hours after dinner, Katya already long gone.

Trixie snorted slightly as she looked over at her.

"And weren't you the person that hated her a month ago?" She teased. "But I think she's lovely too, obviously."

"And... she treats you right, yeah?" She asked hesitantly before she took a sip out of the mug she was holding.

Trixie looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, confused to where the question even came from.

"Yeah, of course she does. She had always treated me right," She agreed with a small nod, "Where did that come from? I swear to god mum, if you're worried about us hav-"

Trixie's mum shook her head quickly.

"Oh god, no," She interrupted, "I mean, I'm always worried about everything but that's not what I'm talking about."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"I wanted to ask about Jessie," She spoke quietly, biting her lower lip as her daughter glanced down at her lap.

Trixie shook her head, sighing gently.

"I can't see him again, mum, I can't," She said, wringing her hands together.

"I won't make you," She spoke, watching her daughter. "I know I was kind of... forcing you before but I won't force it anymore. Me and Katya had a talk about this."

"A talk about what? Did he tell you anything?" Trixie immediately replied, glancing up at her mum.

Trixie's mum shook her head.

"No, no," She said, "She just told me something bad happened that she won't tell me about, you can tell me about it, if you're ready?"

Trixie sighed softly, chewing at her lower lip.

"I don't know, I don't really like talking about it. I never told anyone before Katya last night."

"You can tell me anything, Trixie, I promise you that. Best friends, right?"

Trixie nodded, a small smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah, best friends," She muttered as she looked away from her mum. "When me and Jessie were together- Jessie forced me to have sex with him, mom. It happened around the time dad left, around November? I didn't want it, I really didn't. We broke up shortly after and just seeing him again brought up all those memories."

Trixie swallowed thickly, her eyes watering, but she was not going to cry in front of her mother. "I just never want to see him again. please."

Trixie's mum sat there, fully shocked for a few minutes. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Trixie and Jessie's break up was terrible, but she had no idea that Jessie did this to her baby.

"Trix," She spoke softly as she wrapped her arm around her, "I promise to never force you to see him again. and I'm going to talk to his mother about this."

Trixie nodded, letting her mum hug her as she closed her eyes.

"Thank you," he mumbled, "Sorry for not telling you sooner."

"It's alright, I know how terrible it must have been. I'm proud of you for even telling me now."

"You can thank Katya for that one," Trixie said as she rested her head on her mum's shoulder. "Without her I wouldn't even thought of telling you."

"She is really great for you, isn't she?" She asked quietly as she squeezed her girl to her.

"She is".

——————
a/n: hey everyone who has commented about having an history with rape: i love you and appreciate you i'm always here if u wanna rant. please take care 🖤