thirty-nine

tw: mentions of rape
———————

Trixie got up to open her window, the one Katya has snuck into more than once. She sat back down on her bed, her fingers ruffling through her half dried, curly pink hair.

It was only a mere ten minutes before a worried looking Katya was climbing through Trixie's window. Trixie got up from her bed, only to be engulfed in a tight hug.

"Hey," Katya mumbled, kissing Trixie's forehead affectionately. "What's up?"

Trixie shrugged, pulling back from the hug and taking Katya's hand to pull her onto her bed.

"My mum just had some not so great news for me when I came home earlier," She said, keeping her hand in Katya's as they sat down.

Katya raised her eyebrow at the small girl, squeezing her hand softly.

"And what were the news?" She asked, a bit anxious at what the answer could possibly be.

"My ex boyfriend is moving back to town," Trixie spoke slowly, her own words making her almost cringe.

Katya's raised eyebrow dropped, her head nodding slowly.

"Oh wow," She said, a little bit of jealousy flooding her mind.

Trixie shook her head quickly.

"No, it's not anything like that, promise," She said with a small smile at Katya. "The break up was bad, messy and he did a lot of things to me that I really don't want to talk about, I just don't think I can face him again, Katya."

Katya frowned slightly, wrapping her arms around Trixie's tiny frame and pulling the girl close.

"It's alright, babe," She said softly into Trixie's hair, "I won't let anything happen to you. You don't have to face him alone."

Trixie snuggled into Katya's embrace, her head resting against Katya's chest. "I'm just scared, he's done so many bad things to me and I don't want it to happen again, I can't let it happen again," Trixie rambled slightly, tears eventually falling from her eyes.

Katya rubbed hee hands over Trixie's back gently, trying to comfort the girl.

"I won't let it happen again, Trixie, I promise," She said, although she didn't even know what this boy had done to her precious girl.

"But you can't be sure of that," Trixie mumbled dejectedly, pushing back from Katya and taking a deep breath. "He, um, he raped me. When we were together- no one knows and I can't see him again. My mom thinks everything will be great, fuck- my mom wants me to get back together with him!" Trixie sobbed softly before she fell back into Katya's arms, crying heavily into the girl's chest.

Katya wasn't sure what to do. She wasn't expecting this at all. Trixie was so innocent and delicate and Katya wasn't sure how someone could do that to her.

"Trixie, love," She soothed, pulling Trixie into her lap so she could hold her tightly. "He won't lay a finger on you ever again, and if he does, I swear I'll beat the fucking life out of him," Katya promised, biting her lower lip as he held Trixie to her.

Trixie sobbed, but nodded as she clung to Katya's black tee shirt.

"Promise?" She mumbled, voice watery.

"I promise, baby."